Home PEx International Entertainment International Movies

SM Mall of Asia's Imax Theater

rationalrational PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
Was reminded of this by a post by JensieG in the King Kong thread.

I also remember seeing a short news item about this a while back.

Is it true? Our first Imax, finally? When does it open?

Comments

• topnotch97topnotch97 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    magkano kaya ticket?
    hey i paid like $15 for the Harry Potter-Imax at the Sony Metreon compared to $7 for the Harry Potter regular screen.
  • EXCITED NA NAGA KO DITO. kahit napakalayo ko pupuntahan ko yan. Hehehehe. binoboycott ko pa naman SM but ill make an exception!
  • hope that the imax version of the movies get simoultaneously released with the regular versions.

what's the height and width measurement of the imax screen again?

$15?

so its around 800+ pesos here, sana gawin lang between 240-500 pesos
  • jeune_fillejeune_fille PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Naku hindi ko po alam kung ano ang IMAX screen. Naktia ko lang to sa mga news pero pwede po bang pakiexplain? salamat ;)
  • rationalrational PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    I think if they price it as comparable to entrance inEnchanted Kingdom then I think people will find that reasonable.

I drive by Mall of Asia everyday. Looks like they are putting the finishing touches already.

Would really be great to be there at the opening.

Any nominations on which film should be premiered?

I saw "Jordan to the Max" way back in 2000. I wonder if that would still draw in people. I certainly would want to watch it again.
  • JENSIE_GJENSIE_G PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    rational wrote:
    Was reminded of this by a post by JensieG in the King Kong thread.

I also remember seeing a short news item about this a while back.

Is it true? Our first Imax, finally? When does it open?

Naks special mention pa ako. :)

I heard na SM Cinemas won the exclusive right to operate IMAX cinemas sa Pinas for 10 years. And this is just for SM Mall of Asia. Should Megamall decide to upgrade all 12 cinemas to IMAX, another 10-year exclusivity daw.
  • purpleheadd07purpleheadd07 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    1 imax cinema in Mega will do, baka wala ng mkapanood kung lhat imax with their super mahal na ticket price. but hell yeah, saya may imax na din dto!!!;)
  • st.angerst.anger PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    wow this is awesome.
  • rational wrote:
    I think if they price it as comparable to entrance inEnchanted Kingdom then I think people will find that reasonable.

EK is P400. That might be too steep for regular folks just to watch a 2 hour movie, but then again, Shangri-la Mall have been selling their Premiere seats with no problem. P300 might be reasonable enough.

I-Max is cool and all, but I wish, what I really wish, is for Philippine censor board to show the movies AS IS, the way it's shown in other countries. The movies we get here are chopped up by our censor board before we all get to see it. That's why there's plenty of people here who skip the movies and wait for the DVD (original) to come out.
  • ive heard 80 ft daw yunG height.. mga 800 seating capacity..parang gnun.. d lang sure me.
    ^Yes you are correct. :up:
  • lintek ang layo naman... di ba sa roxas blvd yon? but much, much nearer than watching in an imax theater in SF hehe
    Kelan kaya opening ng Mall of Asia??? :wondering:

Sabi noon, Q4 ng 2005 :mad:
  • bakit bulok pa rin ang mga sm cinemas. sana ayusin ng maganda talaga.
  • saan ang mall of asia?
    If you're along EDSA and are coming from the North, just go straight ahead until you cross Roxas Boulevard. Then you should see it by then. It's constructed at the reclaimed area adjacent to the Diosdado Macapagal Avenue.
    To those unfamiliar with IMAX, here's how a typical IMAX screen looks like.
    imaxTechnoScreensPic.jpgwhatImaxPic.jpg
    11087_512.jpg
  • guinevere_79guinevere_79 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    I saw Beauty and the Beast in an IMAX theater a couple of years ago. It was a completely different movie-going experience.

I hope they also screen the old IMAX productions here. I can't wait.
    I also heard na HP GOF daw ang isa sa mga unang ipapalabas sa IMAX ng Mall of Asia... :hmm: