Home PEx Family and Society Parenting 101
Ho-Ho-Hope you have a holly jolly holidays, PExers!

booster seat vs. high chair

what is more recommendable? booster seat or high chair. some says booster seat because of its size which makes it easy to carry around, while others say high chair.

Comments

• someone recommended high chairs for infants because they tend to flop around (as in can't sit up just yet).
  • We also looked at high chairs but figured having one means one extra furniture whereas booster seats take up one of the chairs we already have. I recommend:
    saf41767-big.jpg
  • what brand is that? where did you find that? tnx
  • booster seats seem to be more practical, as they are easier to take them with you anywhere you go. They're not as bulky as highchairs. Well, I'm assuming that's the case...I'm not a parent yet, so I can't really say from experience! (My baby is due any moment, though...)
  • Safety 1st On the Go: http://safety1st.com/product.asp?productID=87
    That ended up at my mom's place, and they live 40 miles and at least 40 minutes away, so we bought:
    http://safety1st.com/product.asp?productID=85

Both are dirt cheap. There are also those toddler chairs that hang on surface edges, like:
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/images/B0000789S0/ref=dp_product-image-only_0/002-6362908-8698418?%5Fencoding=UTF8&n=540744&s=baby
    ...but that wouldn't have worked with Kristan. He's tall and too fidgety. A friend/client of mine has one for their kid, but then again their little girl's well-behaved, and they have this nice breakfast counter that can accomodate a hook-on chair.

As with anything else, infant and toddler products may also have defects, so stay up to date with recall info:
    http://www.recalls.gov/

Happy hunting/shopping.
  • SweetkaySweetkay PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    889_1_03052MLO_main.jpg

The All-in-One Plus High Chair has everything you need to make mealtime more convenient. The one-hand front release tray lets you get kids in and out with ease. Parents will also appreciate the dishwasher-safe insert tray for remote food preparation and effortless clean-up.

• 3-position recline
    • 3 height positions
    • 1-hand, front release tray
    • parent assist tray with cup holders
    • dishwasher-safe insert tray
    • easy-wipe seat pad
  • SweetkaySweetkay PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    I liked this one but where in the Philippines can we get this? Anyone know?

85_1_00173_main.jpg

Grow with Me Portable Booster Seat

Ideal at home and on-the-go, this versatile booster folds compactly for travel and storage.

• Folds for travel and storage
    • Two seat levels to grow with baby
    • Three-point safety restraint with easy release buckle
  • can booster seats be used as car seats too? i want to buy a car seat sana but come february, we're leaving for abroad. booster seat is okay since its ideal for travelling.
  • hi,we're sellign those kind of booster seats,safety 1st exactly ung nsa pic "grow with me booster seat" pm me for price
  • wandawits and sweetkay! we have safety first booster seats! exactly nasa picture =)
  • Your lucky if your toddler will stay for more than 10 mins in a highchair/booster seat. Baby ko sobrang likot kaya gusto agad magpababa sa high chair nya.
  • Sweetkay wrote:
    I liked this one but where in the Philippines can we get this? Anyone know?

85_1_00173_main.jpg

Grow with Me Portable Booster Seat

Ideal at home and on-the-go, this versatile booster folds compactly for travel and storage.

• Folds for travel and storage
    • Two seat levels to grow with baby
    • Three-point safety restraint with easy release buckle

hi sweetkay! It may be too far from where you live but I saw the exact same thing at sta lucia sa marcos highway last friday while looking for baby stuffs. can't remember the price but i remember it was on sale at that time. ewan ko nga lang if on sale pa rin hanggang ngayon.
  • Dana8: actually yan din ang iniisip ko... i was supposed to buy na nga the other day eh, kaso naisip ko baka masayang kse baby ko super likot. even sa stroller umiiyak sya pag naupo na sya for 15 mins.
  • ^^^
    Hehe, oo nga. Pero ako bumili pa rin. Up to 3 yrs old naman yung highchair nya pwede gamitin. Saka para masanay din sya na sa table kumakain at hindi kung saan-saan. Kaso minsan di talaga maiwasan, kulit kasi. :)
  • There are booster seats that have trays attached to them, and those that don’t. What are the pros and cons of having an attached tray?

I’ve recently seen one at The First Years. It is very lightweight since it is made of fabric. Pls see below pix. Has anybody here tried using it already? Pls comment if it is recommendable or not. Thanks!
  • i'm bumping this thread, 'cause i need to go shopping for a highchair now. i was also thinking of getting the safety 1st booster seat (pictured in the above messages) but i'm not sure if it can be used for 5-month old babies. has anyone tried?