Home PEx Chat Small Talk

Thanksgiving gobble gobble

to pinoys in Estados Unidos .. do you have any thanksgiving tradition ?
what other dish ang nasa table w/ the turkey ? pancit,fruit salad ?
pinoys eat a lot of turkey sa pinas ngayon ?
there was this kid on tv(tfc) interview.. he said his favorite meal is turkey ?

Comments

• DunedainDunedain NINJAneer gone Indie! PEx Expert 🎖️
    We'll be dealing with a 24 lbs. turkey this Thursday. I hate visiting the oven every 20 minutes just to do basting just to keep the skin from getting too dry. Pretty much everything else are traditional such as corn bread, cranberry sauce, mash potatoes, etc. The only Pinoy dish is pancit palabok which my kid loves.
  • We'll have filipino desserts on the table coz me and my sister will be hosting it this year for our friends.

All the other stuff is pretty basic, turkey, potatoes, cranberry sauce, stuffing, corn on the cob.
  • :)
    my sister would be hosting Thanksgiving this
    year. Just the basic t-dinner; turkey, cornbread,
    mashed potatoes & gravy, pumpkin & apple pie,
    & etc.

:p
  • SIOPAO MANSIOPAO MAN PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    I always go to the toilet before Thanksgiving dinner to make room for the turkey
  • Ice BurnIce Burn PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    This is my 4th Thanksgiving. Basically I mooch off somebody else's Thanksgiving preparations hehe. :p
  • Our family tradition:
    (1) Feast
    (2) Play tag football
    (3) Watch football
    (4) More Feasting...
    (5) Get ready for the black friday shopping craze
  • i dont think my tita will be serving turkey for thanksgiving. given that we're not such big eaters and there's only a couple of us in the family.

she will be serving kare-kare, pansit molo, lumpiang shanghai and pork bbq though. :yum: :drool:

it's just my 2nd thanksgiving so i dont have that 'spirit' in me. wehehe
  • oh instead of turkey we're gonna have swan this year. everyone gets a piece of the neck.
    :D
  • HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO EVERYONE!! a 4-day weekend, yeahhhh!! :bounce:
  • ^^ o sa inyo 4 day? waaaah.. samin hindi.. goodness.. nakakatamad nga pumasok eh.. naunahan pa ako sa bakasyon. hmpf :bah:
  • DunedainDunedain NINJAneer gone Indie! PEx Expert 🎖️
    ^^ o sa inyo 4 day? waaaah.. samin hindi.. goodness.. nakakatamad nga pumasok eh.. naunahan pa ako sa bakasyon. hmpf :bah:

I'll rain on your parade some more. :evil:

It's Wednesday, 4PM, and the e-mails just circulated saying: GO HOME NOW! HAPPY THANKSGIVING! SEE YOU ON MONDAY! I'm outta here!

*okay*
  • ^^ yeah yeah whatever! :lol: i was supposed to get a half day, but i changed my mind. lol.
  • i worked thanksgiving, too. ;) i don't mind as long as i got day after thanksgiving off.

my husband tried to roast the turkey this year but he busted it so we ended up going to my aunt's house again for our yearly get together.
  • clawed_outclawed_out PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    I worked Thanksgiving but still managed to go to my Aunt's house (tradition) & two other houses.

I honestly don't like turkeys. Thank Lord for honey glazed hams!

and Bailey's & corn breads! (of course they're at my friend's house)
    muntik na kaming mag ka white Thanksgiving; nag snow the night before pero tunaw na by the next day. Mag ka White Christmas kaya this year??
  • orangepinkorangepink PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    we had CNT lechon this thanksgiving. mas naubos pa yung lechon kesa turkey hehehehe
    marami pang leftover lechon kami. Mukhang lechon ang almusal, tanghalian at hapunan ko for the next few days :lol:
  • City_GirlCity_Girl PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Our Thanksgiving dinner tradition...I usually cook a 15 to 16-lb turkey, herb dressing or stuffing, vegetables (changes yearly), mashed potatoes (this year I made garlic mashed potatoes), and cranberry/orange sauce. I usually buy desserts or have my mother-in-law make it if she & my father-in-law are joining us to celebrate. They live out of state.
  • Thanksgiving this year was fun. Had lunch with the family and had friends over at my house then we all went out to go clubbing later that night coz it was my 21st birthday. :) we had a white thanksgiving, too!
  • up ko lang thread. lapit na kasi thanksgiving eh.

well, kapag thanksgiving, its not all about turkey, gravy, stuffing. its about.................THE NEXT DAY!! BLACK FRIDAY SHOPPING!!!!