Home PEx Lifestyle Travel and Leisure

Weekend Getaways if youre bored in Manila

I would to get suggestions on possible weekend getaways... somewhere different from the Manila life... any suggestions to explore.

Comments

• I guess everyone just stays in the city.... im starting to get bored in the city...
  • IraIra PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Try Punta Baluarte in Calatagan. More and more of my friends have been hieing off to that place in the past few months to either play a few rounds of golf, go jetskiing, or diving, or to just drink and bum around in a resort. You can just make it a day trip, or if you want, you can stay there the whole weekend. I've been there several times myself, and I can assure you that you'll love the place. It's near enough from Manila that you won't feel tired from driving. You can check their website at http://www.puntabaluarte.com .
  • Bataan beaches-underrated place in the north.
    A room would cost from P3,600-P4750 a night, but the rooms are BIG and you can easily fit several people in one room naman (although their recommended is 4 per room). There is a very substantial discount for the room rates if you book via their website. If you stay overnight, the swimming pools, game room, and resort shuttle can be used free of charge; the tennis court, basketball courts, bikes, horseback riding, and the water sports equipment rentals of course require a minimal fee. Playing in the 18-hole golf course costs around P1800, while the 9-hole course costs P900 a day. There is a nice restaurant in the resort serving continental and ihaw-ihaw type food, so you don't need to go out of the place to get something to eat.
  • Originally posted by Ira:
    Try Punta Baluarte in Calatagan. More and more of my friends have been hieing off to that place in the past few months to either play a few rounds of golf, go jetskiing, or diving, or to just drink and bum around in a resort. You can just make it a day trip, or if you want, you can stay there the whole weekend. I've been there several times myself, and I can assure you that you'll love the place. It's near enough from Manila that you won't feel tired from driving. You can check their website at http://www.puntabaluarte.com .

How much does it cost for a day trip and/or the weekend? I dont want to spend too much, but i do want to enjoy everything... Sounds interesting.. :D:D:D
  • Thanks Ira :)

If i make it a day trip ... i will only be charged for the ammenities i use?
    I'm not sure about the use of the facilities if you just want a day trip--I know you can use the golf course if you're with a member of the Calatagan Golf Club, but I really wouldn't know about the aqua sports. I really recommend that you stay at least a night, though. I just saw an ad in the Philippine Star today, about an overnight stay with free use of either the tennis court or an hour of horseback riding, plus of course the amenities like the game room and the fresh- and saltwater pools for only P1400 a night. Personally, I don't think spending a day there is enough. :D Try calling up their Makati office about your question--I may be wrong.
  • Thanks! i just want to unwind... :D:D:D