Home PEx Lifestyle Style and Fashion

Ayala Millenium Party Details

nixnix Administrator PEx Moderator
I thought that this may be interesting since the Millenium is coming up pretty soon. I got this from an Ayala representative.

1:00 to 5:00 PM. -- Music & Games

5:00 PM -- Mass

6:00 to 6:50 PM -- Bench presents Parokya Ni Edgar

7:00 to 7:50 PM -- Swatch presents Kulay

8:00 to 8:50 -- Tower Records presents The Dawn

10:00 PM to 12:45 AM -- World Class Entertainment featuring Filipino talents & a grand fireworks display

11:50 AM-12MN -- Global Live Broadcast via GMA*

12:45-1:45 AM -- San Miguel presents ....

1:45 AM onwards -- Street Dance Party

Venue: At the intersections of Ayala Ave. and Makati Ave., at the heart of the Makati Commercial Business District
BRIEF ON THE SERIES OF FESTIVITIES:

THE AYALA MILLENNIUM CELEBRATION WILL SURELY MAKE SPARKS FLY WITH THE FOLLOWING EVENTS

THE AYALA MILLENNIUM CELEBRATION. For once, the country's number one financial and lifestyle district of Makati will transform into a totally hip party place. We're welcoming year 2000 through a grand celebration along Ayala and Makati avenues featuring world class entertainment, dancing on the streets, fireworks, confetti showers, laser shows, raffles and dining choices provided by Ayala Center hotels and its well known bars and restaurants. It starts at sunset on December 31, 1999 and won't stop until sunrise. Join us on the streets for the party of the century.

For those in the South, a welcome-to-the-year-2000 celebration shall also be held at the Ayala Center Cebu.

GLOBAL MILLENNIUM DAY BROADCAST. We've partnered with GMA-7, a member of the Global Millennium Day Broadcast Consortium, for the TV coverage of the new year celebrations from Manila to New York to the rest of the world. Our celebration will be seen in 50 countries around the globe, making us "one with the world."

COUNTDOWN EVENTS. We'll have live concerts every month to the end of the century. The hottest bands and entertainers perform at the Glorietta Activity Center, Alabang Town Center and Ayala Center Cebu. Watch out for the following pre-millennium activities, a glimpse of what you will be enjoying during the Ayala Millennium Celebration!

ONCE IN A MILLENNIUM RAFFLE. Starting October 30, you can buy a raffle ticket from any of the booths located around Ayala Center Makati, Alabang Town Center and Ayala Center Cebu for a special cause, the Children's Hour. The Children's Hour is a global fund-raising campaign that supports various projects for children around the world. In exchange for your raffle ticket, you are not only supporting a worthwhile project but you also get a chance to win one of 2,000 prizes to be raffled of during the Ayala Millennium Celebration on December 31. You will also receive party favors instantly to help you get into the party mood.

Through this raffle, we are turning this once in a lifetime event into a celebration with a cause to benefit the youth, the future of the coming century.

BROADCAST BRIEF:

PARTY AT THE AYALA MILLENNIUM CELEBRATION
AND BE ONE WITH THE WORLD

Ayala Center and GMA-7 have partnered to bring you the Global Millennium Day Broadcast.

It is the most ambitious live television event. A major 24-hour coverage of new year parties around the world. Broadcasters from every continent will pool their production expertise and power to show the billions of viewers the excitement of the dawn of a millennium as it happens in 50 countries.

The program will be coordinated by BBC London and telecast all over the planet. Starting with the Pacific and Australia's magnificent celebration at the Sydney Opera House to the sounds of the manguare drums from Peru to the millennium dome festivities at the United Kingdom to the Eiffel Tower revelry in France, to the fantastic opera performances at the pyramids in Egypt to the spectacular sunset celebrations in the USA till it ends at Western Samoa. The broadcast will cover the celebrations westward as they happen across continents and time zones.

With this Global Millennium Day Broadcast, the people of the world are brought together in a celebration of human creativity and cultural diversity.

In the Philippines, the Ayala Millennium Celebration happening in the country's premier financial district and lifestyle capital is the only party that will be part of this Global Millennium Day Broadcast.

Join us on the crossroads of Ayala and Makati Avenues for the party of the century and be one with the world.

Comments

• CaRaMBaCaRaMBa Administrator PEx Moderator
    Thanks Nix! See you there!
  • thanks for the info... hope to see you guys there. :)
    Nix, I heard that there's a P2,000 fee, for the open bar. Is this true?
  • caramba: from what i've heard P500 daw for smb open bar...dunno but ur right nix could be our answer ;D
  • nixnix Administrator PEx Moderator
    I have a table reserved for ten people at 500 pesos per head. I know that this goes with food and refreshments, but I'm not certain if this is the SMB Open bar Caramba is asking about.
    May SMB open bar? Akala ko sa Fort sila. Anyway, nix, can you ask if there's a fee for the other people who won't use tables? Thanks!
  • I'm still debating whether this party is worth going to regardless of the big crowds that I'm expecting will also be going. Is it worth it? :)
    Well, if you're gonna be with your family and friends, I think it will be worth it naman. :)
    Caramba: I'll ask.

Chiqui: It depends what kind of Millenium Celebration you would like to have -- With family or with a bunch of friends partying in the streets!
  • i'm sorry ... i thought the ayala street party was free ... as in free admission...and there'd be booths where on could buy food and refreshments ... please clarify...thanx
    It is free! It's just that there are spots nearest the stage which are reserved for Ayala Employees and some other VIPs, and that costs some money. But the other portions are entirely free.
  • In addition to what Nix posted:

Popular bands kick-off the festivities at 6pm. The celebration builds up at 10 pm when homegrown talents gather to perform world-class production numbers from powerful dance numbers to fusion of pop-classical music! Nothing but the best names in Philippine entertainment: from Gary Valenciano to Nolyn Cabahug, Regine Velasquez to Jaya, Side A to Parokya Ni Edgar, Eraserheads to Bolipata Brothers, Philippine Madrigal Singers to APO Hiking Society, Kuh Ledesma to Cecile Licad plus many more!!! Street dancing follows when popular Natural Born Klubbers resident DJ Manolet Dario and International DJ John Robinson go on-board to play the latest in dance music for that all-night-to-morning street party!

• if i go to ayala around 1 am...saan puwedeng mag-park? can you also post the traffic scheme or re-routing for the 31st...and pls put in the places where we can park thanx
  • The traffic scheme can be found in major newspapers. Makati Avenue portion from Paseo till Greenbelt area will be closed on Dec 31 to Jan 1. Ayala avenue portion from Paseo till around Rustan's I think will also be closed on those days.

I think parking is free in all regular parking areas in Ayala Center.
    Traffic Reroutings for Ayala Millennium Celebration

1) From midnight of 25 December 1999 to midnight of 29 December 1999 Both directions of Makati Av between Sto. Tomas and Ayala Av will be closed to traffic for the construction of a stage. The Gabriela Silang parking lot will also be closed and used as a staging area for the construction of the stage. Traffic normally turning right into Ayala Av from Makati Av from the direction of Mandaluyong can instead turn left into Sto. Tomas (this will be allowed), turn right into Fonda and then turn right into Ayala Av. However, traffic exiting into Makati Av from PSE and MSE through the Gabriela Silang parking lot will not be possible.

2) From midnight of 29 December 1999 to midnight of 01 January
    2000 Ayala Av between Paseo de Roxas and Fonda, Ayala Triangle
    side of Paseo de Roxas between Sedeno and Villar, and Makati Av between Paseo de Roxas and North Dr (Landmark) will be completely closed to traffic. Gabriela Silang parking lot will remain closed. For those who would like to attend the Ayala Millennium Celebration, it would be best to park not too close to the closed streets and walk. APMC carparks beside Atrium and along dela Rosa will be open as well as carparks in Ayala Center.

All day free parking from 10:00 am of December 31,
    1999 to 7:00 am of January 1, 2000 at all Ayala Center Carparks and other parking lots and carparks throughout the Makati Central Business District:
    EDSA Carpark, Intercon Open Parking, SM Open Parking, Glorietta 4 Basement
    Parking, Park Square 1 & 2, Ayala Avenue Steel Carpark, Greenbelt Mall
    Carpark, Greenbelt Square Open Parking, Rustan's Supermarket Open Parking,
    MACEA Open Parking, Goldcrest Open Parking, Esperanza Open Parking,
    Junction Open Parking, Plaza Open Parking, Dela Rosa 1, 2 & 4, Valero 2 &
    4, Ayala - Buendia 1 & 2
  • wassabawt us peeps here on the other side of the globe?

ain't there gonna be any online worldwide live coverage of the par*teeeeeyyy?

ANG DAYA!!!!!!tseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

(inggit!isnab!himutok!lupagi!)

:D