Home PEx Family and Society Family, Friends and Society

Can You Please Make This A Positive Statement?

Now, this is really bad. Since the thought that my parents are getting old (they're still quite young 52) dawned on me, every morning I wake up, I fear. Parang kumbaga pabawas ng pabawas 'yung araw nila. I don't know dati naman I could separate the future from the present, pero laging may thought na, "Dadating din ang araw na 'yon, what if ngayon 'yon?" (negative) And I'm miserable. Sooo miserable. I can't eat, sleep and do my work properly. And even the things I enjoy I can no longer enjoy because of that lingering thought. Pa'no ko ba malalagpasan ito? Nandito pa nga sila ganito na ko pa'no pa pag wala na? :mecry: I really love them sooo much. How can I stop myself from being anxious? How can I stop saying to myself "what if?" I really feel so drained and weak. I have this theory na baka dahil sa obsessive compulsive disorder ko 'to, because I tend to think much. Lalo na bakasyon, walang magawa, more time to mull over these things.

Please I need your advice.

Comments

• it depends why you're so scared...

are you concerned about your financial needs? emotional needs? are you too dependent on them in terms of decision making? are you very close to them? in what way do you need them?

i used to be scared of my parent's demise ever since i was... 6. but i decided, everyone dies. it does not really matter how old or young the person is. i'd rather live life and celebrate their life than live in constant fear of death.
  • everyone dies.. it's life.. in today's day and age i find it to be very easy to accept.

ganun lang yun..

you're just being plain emo.
  • You know what, you really need to start worrying about your life first instead of your parents'. That may sound selfish but sometimes, selfishness is good. You need to stop carrying your parents' weight on your shoulders. It will just drive you crazy (if you aren't already). Besides, how old are you? If you're like 8 or 9, I can understand what you're feeling.

Anyway, you have some symptoms of depression. Go talk to a therapist and get your hands on an SSRI such as Prozac, Paxil, Wellbutrin, etc. It will help with your depression and OCD. It will also do wonders if you move out from your parents and finally cut that umbilical cord. Sometimes, separation is good. It helps you live your own life and let your parents live theirs. You can visit them during the weekends.
  • my_identitymy_identity PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    heymikey: Actually, I've read up some articles and I have really the symptoms of OCD (I experienced it first when I was 8). It's all throughout different from a person w/c do not have that disorder. My problem is the "thought" itself. It keeps bugging me every second of each day. Hindi naman ako dati ganito. Ngayon lang. It has been a week and a half. I'm 19.

ayane: I love them soo much. Iyon nga e, I know that everyone dies, pero we are still alive, but I can't seem to remove the "death" thoughts out of my mind. Parang nasasayang tuloy ang mga araw dahil buhay pa sila, pero iniiisp ko na 'yung araw na mawawala sila, which is bad. :(

GreatBop: Actually, I am very frigid and unemotional. I have known that from the start. I don't even say words of affection and to concede with heymikey, I am a bit selfish. It's just now, the thought had dawned on me. And BTW, I'm more concerned of my father because he smokes. He's an inveterate smoker. :(
  • my_identitymy_identity PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Ok, to make things clear, my greatest worry is worry itself. Gets? 'Yung bang kinakabahan ako na iisipin ko na naman 'yung "thought" na 'yon. I know tomorrow is unborn, and I should not think about tomorrow because that is not today. I've read up on all those anxiety thingies... but nothing seems to help. And it gets worse during afternoon. I can't sleep because the "thought" always bugs me, it's tearing me apart. Haaay, siguro I should go to a pyschologist, I do have a problem, tell me this is not normal? The "thought" is persistent. A normal person could easily shrug it off and continue with their daily tasks, I cant. Anyway, it would be more of a relief to hear that this is really a disorder that is curable.
  • SoliduS_AlphASoliduS_AlphA PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    ^^ I suggest you spend your time with them after work, treat them for dinner, watch tv with them. :D
  • my_identity, being incapacitated with worry IS a kind of disorder, but it's a disorder that you can get over without the help of medication or some such. talking about it like this is one way to deal with the problem. keep a circle of good friends about you -- a great support group always helps.

you have to acknowledge that you're worried about something that hasn't happened yet, but WILL. loss is a huge part of life, and being afraid of it is futile, because it will happen again and again.

it seems the fear of loss incapacitates you more than the loss itself. in that case, try to condition yourself into being strong enough to imagine the various scenarios that could happen in the event of your parents' loss... it might take a lot of tears, but you'll certainly feel less helpless once you're done crying, and that's what matters. you have to move on from this fear. it's what's slowing you down.

you're blessed because you love your parents so much. more than that, you're also blessed because you've had so much time to spend with them. we can't tell, baka ikaw pa ang mauna sa kanila. kung mangyayari yun, sayang lang ang pag-aalala mo, di ba?

SoliduS_AlphA is right -- love them as much as you can, while you can.
  • teka, ba't hindi ka na lang obsessive compulsive sa spending quality time with your parents? ganon ka pala ka-obsessed sa kanila, lubusin mo! the busier you are spending time with them, the less idle time you have for worrying or thinking too much. right now you're just obsessed with being obsessed... if you just channel that obsession to the right object/activities, you'll prolly be happier.
  • Now, this is really bad. Since the thought that my parents are getting old (they're still quite young 52) dawned on me, every morning I wake up, I fear. Parang kumbaga pabawas ng pabawas 'yung araw nila. I don't know dati naman I could separate the future from the present, pero laging may thought na, "Dadating din ang araw na 'yon, what if ngayon 'yon?" (negative) And I'm miserable. Sooo miserable. I can't eat, sleep and do my work properly. And even the things I enjoy I can no longer enjoy because of that lingering thought. Pa'no ko ba malalagpasan ito? Nandito pa nga sila ganito na ko pa'no pa pag wala na? :mecry: I really love them sooo much. How can I stop myself from being anxious? How can I stop saying to myself "what if?" I really feel so drained and weak. I have this theory na baka dahil sa obsessive compulsive disorder ko 'to, because I tend to think much. Lalo na bakasyon, walang magawa, more time to mull over these things.

Please I need your advice.
    everyone wants to be loved. and you can only get the best "love" from your parents so ur scared kasi baka mawala sila, right? so sagot dyan, you need a backup plan sakaling mawala na sila...which is inevitable..so find yourself a partner. ganon lang yon...kailangan i manage mo yung stress level mo... subukan mong maglaro ng grand theft auto sa PS2 para medyo ma relieve yung stress mo...pagod lang yan... i hypnotize na lang kita kahit malayo...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...o ano ? nag improve ba?...kung hinde, baka may interference....umuulan ba dyan?
  • Stop wasting your time worrying about something that is inevitable. We all start dying from the second of our conception. Don't waste your time worrying about the futre rather spend that time with them. Worrying won't delay or hasten their "due time." It will be better to spend that time enjoying their company and presence the best way you can, while you can.

Make them happy and proud of you, para when their time comes...they can say that they lived a good and fulfilled life because of how you turned out to be. That way, they will have the peace in knowing that they would not be leaving a helpless child alone in this world.
  • I'd rather enjoy the days they're left in this world with them rather than have fear cripple me. Why waste your time? Alam mo na ngang mawawala sila, hahayaan mo lang na masayang ang oras ng kaka-worry.
  • death is not the end of everything...live your life instead to the best you can. stop worrying!