FEATURE ADJUSTMENT: The Flag button is temporarily unavailable for members. We are doing certain system adjustments as of the moment to prevent some users from abusing this feature. For reports, please message the moderators or email us at [email protected]
PEx Alert: Welcome to the new PinoyExchange. For access issues, bug reports and technical concerns, please email us at [email protected] Thank you!

What was the last book you've read?

nixnix Administrator PExer
Yup, for all the bookworms out there, what was the last book you've read and would you recommend it?

Comments

• wAgKaNgMaKuLiTwAgKaNgMaKuLiT Unregistered PExer

i'm currently reading "The Class" by Erich Segal, it's an old book... i believe some of you have read it already. anyways, soon to be last na siya kaya post ko na dito.

it's a great book, but medyo boring siya. i don't know about the others but i find it boring. yes mabilis yun story pero konti lang nangyayari.
  • miladymilady Member PExer
    I just read The Beach by Alex Garland. Great book! They say the movie's really bad so I'm about to watch it in vcd to see how bad...

Right now, I'm reading Harry Potter :)
  • IraIra Member PExer
    I finally finished Mohawk by Richard Russo. It's a bit complex (I had to reread it to understand it), but the story's great, so if you have the time, I'd recommend it.
  • GilbeyGilbey Registered User PExer
    Last march - i finished 4 pocketbooks by Sharon Green - THE BLENDING, however the fifth book is not yet locally available! 8(

I started reading them on my february long weekend and i finished the rest of the series when i came back! nice, i love fantasy and human relations. good read!
  • AdaAda Administrator PEx Moderator
    I just finished reading Red Dragon by Thomas Harris. It's the prequel to Silence of the Lambs. I wouldn't recommend it though.

I'm currently reading Instance of the Fingerpost. Looks pretty promising.

Kulit: I luuuv Erich Segal! Try reading Doctors. That's his best book for me.

[This message has been edited by Ada (edited 04-03-2000).]

Ada: hehe... "Doctors" was the first Erich Segal book that i've read. but i had a very hard time understanding it kse ang lalim ng mga medical terms, hde pa ako nag ba bio nun. haha, i can still remember may katabi pa akong dictionary while reading that book. but it's good. hehe... hmmmm... ma re read nga...

my sis told me his book "Love Story" is also good. but the so-called part 2 "Oliver's Story" is not worth reading.

have anyone read Nicholas Sparks' "Message in a Bottle"? i think the book's better than the movie. they have the same ending but there's something different. what do u think?

and also Nicholas Sparks' "The Notebook". what do u think of it? well, i don't liked it that much. medyo drag kse yun story eh... (here i go again, gusto ko kse fast paced yun mga story... hehe)

:D :D :D
  • AdaAda Administrator PEx Moderator
    Kulit: Yeah, trademark na ni Segal yung paggamit ng malalalim na words. Kailangan mo talaga ni dictionary sa tabi mo.

Love Story and Oliver's Story are both okay. Your typical mush books. ;) I agree with you on the The Notebook. Bo-rrring.
  • sampaguitasampaguita no, i'm not for sale PExer
    Amy Tan's "The Joy Luck Club". About four Chinese mother raising their American-born daughters, their relationship with their past, and coming to terms with the American present.

Many of you may have read this or seen the movie. It's actually one of my favorites, mostly because I can relate to the cultural division that's presented in this novel. But Tan has a great story-telling voice that literally drew all my attention. The stories within the story are great, even hilarious sometimes.

Highly recommend this to anyone! :)
  • tRiStAntRiStAn Member PExer
    I just read Roy's The God of Small Things and I am re-reading it now... :)
  • bugsbunnybugsbunny ONE BIG FIGHT! PExer
    When the Impossible Happens by Jaime T. Licuaco

kung mahilig kayo sa parapsychology, this is the book to guy!
  • veneziavenezia Member PExer
    girlfriend in a coma - douglas coupland
    the tesseract - alex garland
    the venetin's wife - nick bantock
    griffin and sabine - nick bantock
    the forgetting room - nick bantock
    -books by paolo coehlo
  • kingofpainkingofpain Member PExer
    Douglas Coupland's "Life After God". I would recommend all of Coupland's books, if only to put the whole Generation X (a term he coined and the title of his first novel) thing into perspective.
  • acridmouthacridmouth Member PExer
    The Soldier Boy by Michael French. It's your ordinary young adult paperback, which deals with romance and friendship. The plot is simple, so I really wouldn't recommend it.

Right now, I'm reading "Wings" by Danielle Steel. I read it already, but it's a very good book about love and aviation, that I couldn't help but re-read it once more.
  • \_`{}[]^-\_`{}[]^- .0wned. PExer
    I just read " The Hot Zone " by Richard Preston. It's kinda the movie OUTBREAK. It's about a virus that spread in Africa. The usual stuffs...ek..ek. But it was very interesting and it had some wild twists in the story. :p
  • BODACIOUSBODACIOUS Member PExer
    I just finished reading WITNESS FOR THE DEFENSE by Michael Eberhardt.

Its a very good book especially for those who love courtroom drama. Basically deals on the privilege communication between the lawyer and his client. :)

[This message has been edited by BODACIOUS (edited 04-18-2000).]
  • JDELEONJDELEON Saint in Process PExer
    Am still finishing Foucault's Pendulum by Umberto Eco. It is a maze to read, but it is quite intriguing. Can't wait to see how it ends.

May Angels smile upon you,
    Joe
    ps. No offence to ADA, but RED DRAGON is a GREAT NOVEL. Much better than SILENCE... darker, more thrilling. You really get into the psycho's head... I find that quite appealing. =)
  • IraIra Member PExer
    JDELEON: Congratulations on actually understanding Eco's Foucault's Pendulum! :D I gave up after less than 20 pages, but I'm planning to get back to it someday (maybe 10 years from now? hehe).
  • popscenesterpopscenester miss modular PExer
    Exquisite Corpse by Poppy Z Brite..

hmm i've been wanting to read Girlfriend in A Coma By COupland .. is it any good?
    and Also High Fidelity by Nick Hornby (anybody know where i can purchase this anywhere here?)
  • BODACIOUSBODACIOUS Member PExer
    I just finished reading the book THE BIBLE CODE.

Very intriguing and very spine tingling. Check it out to believe. :)

[This message has been edited by BODACIOUS (edited 04-24-2000).]

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file