Home PEx Family and Society Family, Friends and Society

Are you your parents' favorite?

Lima kaming magkakapatid. 3 boys and 2 girls. But my mom obviously faves my oldest sister. Alam ng ate ko na favorite sya kaya sobrang spoiled sya. She knows she can get away with anything.

Now, are you yor parent's favorite? How do you deal with it?

Comments

• Favorites or favoritism in not my belief... I saw that pictures to my parents how they choice which one is thier favorties... Growing -up in that views I vow to myself.. when a become a parent i will never do that kind of things and I did... Because I learned so much from my sibling how they turn their world up-side -down competing each other for my parents now it involves their children too playing grandpa against grandma... I always step two backward and watch them all...

So now I am a mother of two boys... I have only one child, my biological son and I adopted one boy... and I teach both of them that I have no favorite, because I love them both and no need to compete each other for my attention...

http://rosalia2042.blogs.friendster.com/my_blog/
    http://www.celinedionforum.com/blog/cassjane2042/index.php?
  • tearl wrote:
    Lima kaming magkakapatid. 3 boys and 2 girls. But my mom obviously faves my oldest sister. Alam ng ate ko na favorite sya kaya sobrang spoiled sya. She knows she can get away with anything.

Now, are you your parent's favorite? How do you deal with it?

yap, i was... we're 3 in the family. malamang kaya nila ako favorite kc only girl ako. hehe :lol:

how do i deal with it? thankful kc swerte ako... di naman kasi ako oportunistang tao na porke alam kong favorite ako ng parents ko, i took advantage of it.

sadly, they were both gone now. :(
  • rayzlerayzle PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    i do believe in favoritism sa mga anak (i heard some stories from friends) but sa amin lahat kami favorite ng parents namin.
  • actually, our parents always tell us that they do not favor anybody. pantay pantay daw... but oftentimes, I feel that I am their favorite not just because i am the only boy among the three of us... basta.. there's this feeling that i am their fave... :)
  • Ice BurnIce Burn PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    My parents call me and my sister their favorite daughters. And they call my brother and my adopted brother their favorite sons.
  • i have a bro that we call the 'demi-god.' he could do no wrong kasi. he gets everything he wants and he's actually the only sibling who knows the number to open the safe. he knows the amount that is in each of our accounts, he knows which jewelry will go to whom... he knows everything! :rotflmao:

i'm only second in rank... i could get what i want... almost. but of course, my bro's stuff should be much, much better. :rotflmao:

i don't really care. he's spoiled, yes. he gets everything he wants, yes. but he usually thinks of us too. sometimes when i really want a bag or something, he would drop hints and tell my mom how much i really like it. ;) he's not selfish... that's what i like about him.
  • Yes I am the favored one. :) maybe because I am the youngest and only girl in the family. I always get what I want.. but i also hate the attention and protection that they're giving me. its too much na din kasi minsan.
  • YES... I'm a daddy's gurl.... pag may kailangan yung mga siblings ko sa dad ko.. ako pinapalapit.. ewan ko ba sa mga yun... hehehe... :rotflmao:
  • ako nalaman ko lang na ako ang favorite noong mamatay ang parents ko... Kasi rebelde ako pag sinabi kong maglalayas ako the next morning hindi na nila ako makaka-gisnan sa bahay then babalik ako sa amin siguro mga two or three years... ang dalawa kong sibling takot mawalan ng mana kaya panay ang suhol sa mga parent ko..

Ang ate ko lang ang nag-sabi noong mga huli na bago mawala ang parents ko kaya daw sila madalas galit sa akin dahil nagse-selos sila kasi nga ako ang favorites ng parents ko tapos hindi ko naman nakikita ito sa kanila...
  • uptowngirluptowngirl PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Nope, am not. And I'm fine with that. They love me anyway.
  • nde!!!!!

*paw*
  • not exactly but they LOVE ME and :rotflmao: thats the most important thing :)
  • rains_delightrains_delight PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    i am not a favorite.
  • paganpagan PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    am i their favorite?

HA! don't make me laugh.
  • acoording to my bf, oo daw..... i justdont see it daw:rolleyes:
  • My parents don't play favorites. If they do have a favorite, they're smart enough not to show it.
  • yup!!!!

ahihi...
  • wala namang favorite parents ko e..lahat kami favorite nila..hehehe..kaming 3 magkakapatid pantay pantay lang tingin nila..

pero siyempre minsan the younger one can get everything she wants if possible..kasi siyempre ako, being the oldest, i have a part-time job..i can support myself naman..and my younger bro lives 3 hours away kasi nag-aaral..supported pa rin ng mom ko siyempre kasi wala naman work yon when he's in school...

pero i can say na medyo spoiled nga kaming 3 e...hehehehe

:rotflmao:
  • DunedainDunedain PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Do I have to be? Or is it necessary? Coming from a brood of 5 children (supposed to be 7 but the other two ahead of me forgot to breathe at birth), we've never been spoiled since my family isn't rich. We grew up with the teaching: If you want something, work for it. If you want to keep it as long as you like, maintain it. Who's the favorite? Everyone is so long as they work hard to attain what they want.
  • Dunedain wrote:
    Do I have to be? Or is it necessary? Coming from a brood of 5 children (supposed to be 7 but the other two ahead of me forgot to breathe at birth), we've never been spoiled since my family isn't rich. We grew up with the teaching: If you want something, work for it. If you want to keep it as long as you like, maintain it. Who's the favorite? Everyone is so long as they work hard to attain what they want.

That's the way it should be. *okay*