Home PEx Sports PBA

Scoop: Hatfield Soon To Join Menk At Ginebra

Hatfield soon a Gin King:

League and media sources say that Rudolf Hatlfield will soon join fellow Fil-Am Eric Menk at Ginebra Soon. Hatfield who's contract with Coca-Cola has already expired, but who's rights the Tiger still owe, has demanded a trade to another ball-club, citing personal reasons. Hatfield who is currently in the USA, reportedly wants to join best friend Eric Menk at Ginebra. Although league rules prohibits a direct trade between two sister ball club, Ginebra's prized Power forward, Rommel Adducul has shown displeasure with teaming up and playing second fiddle Again to Ginebra's resident star Eric Menk.

Adducul also favors changing uniform from Ginebra to Coca-Cola, since he has develped a strong bond to its current head coach Binky Favis, whom Adducul credits his development, when Binky Favis was an assistant at the Ginebra camp. Favis; Adducul's bunkmate in the RP national team, welcomes this move too since he needs a player of Adducul's caliber to help plug a hole in Coke's interior, and thus propel the Tiger's to a better standing.

Again, since no sister team can deal directly with each other, a 3rd party may be involved. Sta. Lucia, Talk and Text and the Alaska franchise may get a player like Aries Dimaunahan from Ginebra or a draft pick from Coca-Cola to consumate the trade.

In any scenario, both teams and both players involved will greatly benefit from this impending deal, barring ofcourse any hitches.

Comments

• Sta Lucia should play the third party here. And then refuse to consumate the last deal that should make Adducul a Coca-Cola Tiger and keep him instead :D
  • aanhin ng coke si adducul.....they already have peek, mamaril and reavis....dagdag mo pa si juinio....what coke needs is a good SF, yun better kay antonio, wainwright and francisco...
  • hmm... okay lang.. hatfield will be a good addition for ginebra. :)
  • Big Ticket wrote:
    aanhin ng coke si adducul.....they already have peek, mamaril and reavis....dagdag mo pa si juinio....what coke needs is a good SF, yun better kay antonio, wainwright and francisco...

baka gagawing trade bait ang isa sa kanila.... hehehe...*okay*
  • aquino for hatfield
    then hatfield for adducul
  • mc_316mc_316 PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Big Ticket wrote:
    aanhin ng coke si adducul.....they already have peek, mamaril and reavis....dagdag mo pa si juinio....what coke needs is a good SF, yun better kay antonio, wainwright and francisco...

In addition to what Zero_cool said.... Pre, mas gugustuhin ko naman na may makuha ako in exchange for my good player that doesnt want to play for me kesa wala!.... and besides, sabi nga daw, si Adducul eh gusto maglaro for Favis di ba?:D

Oh and isa pa, dun sa sinabi nga ni zero_cool, trade bait nga, not necessarily si Adducul mismo ha, pero Coke can now dangle any of the players you mentioned and/or Adducul for the needed SF that you're saying. Makes sense di ba?;)
  • WOW! I heard this on Passing on IN THE ZONE Radio Show from the host..last monday, didnt expect the Deal to be consumuated. I guess Noli Wants Rudy H-BOMB to be back in the League and the RP team, I agree with the Poster that its great for all parties concerned. As for Juino, he's too old to play the PF, Reavis meanwhile isnt that strong and is a better SF. Billy Mamaril meanwhile can be their center. Also if Coke insists for a Small forward, I agree with the poster before me that maybe Sta Lucia can be a third party for all this, since COke is over-loaded with Centers, In Peek, Reavis, Mamaril, and Juinio- Sta Lucia meanwhile is overloade in the SF position, Hatfield receiving the maximum can be shipped to SLR for Duremdez also receiving the Maximum and then trade to Adducul, Adducul meanwhile is traded for Mamaril. In effect Mamaril goes to SLR, and SLR gets a back-up center. Small forward wouldnt be a problem, especially with the emergence of Tolomia, Catli and Omolom.., In the end, Coke will be better off than Ginebra with this deal! Although I agree, all parties will greatly benefit!

-And Has anyone noticed Rommel play tonight? Total Loss of confidence once again, flubbing sure shots he once made without Eric Menk, and fouling out during the crucial stretch..
  • Totoo ba yan?Pero teka...ilang taon na ba si Hatfield? Baka maging matatanda na mga players natin. Tsaka sino na center natin pag nawala si Rommel?
  • Gide0nGide0n PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    ^si Andy Seigle at E. Sotto :D

mukha ngang lugi ang Gins sa trade na to kung totoo man... mahirap ng maghanap na dekalibre na Center ngayon na gaya ni Rommel
  • sounds too good to be true. but if it is true... why doesnt hatfield want to play for coke anymore? he cited personal reasons then what are they? former teamates against hatfield returning in the league? is that it?
  • jetcruz916jetcruz916 PEx Rookie ⭐
    this is a good news to ginebra, but hopefully not in exchange for adducul. adducul is major player in the rotation. besides there is no other center in the team that can match up other teams' centers.
  • jetcruz916jetcruz916 PEx Rookie ⭐
    this is a good news for ginebra, but hopefully not in exchange for adducul. adducul is a major player in the rotation. besides there is no other center in the team that can really match up other teams' centers.
  • kawawa naman si billy nyan...4th team in 4 years hehe....pf, shell, coke and SLR(?)
  • dRknGeLdRknGeL PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    ayos yan.. alisin na si adducul sa ginebra tutal gusto naman nya na matagal ng umalis.. ok din naman si hatfield.. inside out ang laro niya at rebounder den magaling din sa defense
  • spongeboobspongeboob PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    IMO, match na match lang itong deal na toh.. hatfield and adducul are both defenders, rebounders, and para sakin more importantly, hustle players sila lalo na si hatfield.. masmarami nga lang offensive skills si rudy compared to rommel, but rommel is bigger and bulkier.. so para sakin patas lang talaga ito.. walang lugi sa deal..
  • jetcruz916 wrote:
    this is a good news to ginebra, but hopefully not in exchange for adducul. adducul is major player in the rotation. besides there is no other center in the team that can match up other teams' centers.
    Agree. Mas maganda kung libre na lang magsign si Hatfield sa Ginebra. Whoever invented the "right of first refusal" rule is full of crap. Kaya nga tinatawag na "expire" ang contract...it means it's over...term finished. So why the right of first refusal? If your contract expires in a company, what prohibits you from joining others? I remember nadali din dito si Benjie Paras.

In the NBA, once a player's contract expires, the player can go to other teams (e.g. Finley signing with Spurs). Maybe the PBA would like to maintain a sense of balance, but isn't it a team's job to keep its players happy? If Coke screwed up with Hatfield, it's their loss and they should not keep him from playing elsewhere.
  • dRknGeLdRknGeL PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    dapat may free agent na din sa pba or sign trade deal para yun mga discontent na player sa team nila eh pwedeng makalipat sa iba once na tapos na ang contract nila
  • How about a three way trade with TNT? BGK gets Hatfield, TnT gets adducul and Coke gets Washington. I thinjk thats the best option and it benefits everyone. Coke already has already numerous centers and having adducul would not benefit them what they need is a small forward so Washington would bve perfect for them. TNT needs a backup for ASI more than a Washington and Hatfield would be perfect for BGK. I cant wait for Hatfield playing alongside Caguioa Menk and Helterbrand. It would really be very exciting to see the Kings play with this lineup. Very fast and very explosive
  • color_s_Kaboinkcolor_s_Kaboink PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    nmsgmd2 wrote:
    Agree. Mas maganda kung libre na lang magsign si Hatfield sa Ginebra. Whoever invented the "right of first refusal" rule is full of crap. Kaya nga tinatawag na "expire" ang contract...it means it's over...term finished. So why the right of first refusal? If your contract expires in a company, what prohibits you from joining others? I remember nadali din dito si Benjie Paras.

In the NBA, once a player's contract expires, the player can go to other teams (e.g. Finley signing with Spurs). Maybe the PBA would like to maintain a sense of balance, but isn't it a team's job to keep its players happy? If Coke screwed up with Hatfield, it's their loss and they should not keep him from playing elsewhere.

tama lang yung may right to first refusal!!!
    kasi kaya tutol lang ang iba dito dahil gusto nila makuha ang isang player para sa kanilang koponan!
    having the right to first refusal rule will make sure na balance ang lahat ng koponan.
    imagine lahat ng magagaling na player nag-expire contract lumipat sa iisang team ...sira ang liga nun
    oh by the way...yung sinasabi mo sa nba...meron din silang rule na ganun...kaso iba term gamit nila parang the original team has the right to match other teams' offer sa isang player nila..
    sa kaso ni finley....pinakawalan siya talaga ng dallas kasi may amnesty thingy sa nba....para walang luxury tax ang dallas na babayaran sa liga.
  • Golla wrote:
    How about a three way trade with TNT? BGK gets Hatfield, TnT gets adducul and Coke gets Washington. I thinjk thats the best option and it benefits everyone. Coke already has already numerous centers and having adducul would not benefit them what they need is a small forward so Washington would bve perfect for them. TNT needs a backup for ASI more than a Washington and Hatfield would be perfect for BGK. I cant wait for Hatfield playing alongside Caguioa Menk and Helterbrand. It would really be very exciting to see the Kings play with this lineup. Very fast and very explosive

oh i dont think adducul would be happy with that. hehe back up ulit sya sa ibang team kay asi naman this time? hmm and i agree overloaded na ang coke sa centers, pero back sya kay asi? pwede shempre matutuwa si banal, pero will that make adducul happy? nope. hehe well i do hope we get hatfield and still keep adducul. only problem is how do we move his ego?

cheers