Home PEx Sports PBA

POLL: Leo Austria for Jong Uichico?!!!

ThanThan PExer
What do you think guys? I know coach Jong gave SMB a lot of championships but also with a championship caliber lineup. It is evident that his style today doesn't really fit his team & maybe it was already cheked by other teams coaches.
His drafting BOOBOOs through the years could also be a big factor for the Beermen failed to get fresh players like Alapag, Feriols, Salvacion, Tubid, Fonacier, Najorda et al... They are just some players whom Uichico bypassed in our turn to choose from the draft & picking someone who doesn't even manage to hook with any other teams until now. Thus Smb failed to upgrade its lineup through the draft & needs to do some drastic trades so as to keep up with other teams youth movement.
While Austria did a good job after he replaced the late John Moran from the Shell team. He's also a good defensive coach & manage to guide Shell team to respectable finishes with a not so good lineup.
This is just a poll, meant to hear your thoughts & voice out your disappointments... Thank you.

Is it time for San Miguel to replace Uichico? 20 votes

No need yet. Uichico is the man.
55% 11 votes
Yes, and Leo Austria seems a good fit.
25% 5 votes
Neither.I haev somebody else in mind.
15% 3 votes
I don't know.
5% 1 vote

Comments

• I won't mind seeing a new coach for SMB.
  • Same here, no problem as well if SMB decides to replace Jong but medyo malabo pa yan as of now. Tingin ko SMB will stick to Jong pa rin.
  • change the import! rico hill is a bust! baka nga mas magaling pa import ng fedex eh.
  • If Custis is available, then he is okay for me to suit up for the Beermen.
  • Hmmm I dont mind changing the coach! Good to see good players as well!
  • i think SMB success in the past should be credited to coach RON, ever since coach jong took the job, there's not much changes for the team. although they got the last championship, naging boring na rin ang team.
  • neth_rowneth_row PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Unless Uichico himself resigns, there's zero possibility that San Miguel will fire him. He's tight with the big bosses; particularly Henry Cojuangco. Lagi nga silang magkasama sa venue eh.
  • shadow jedishadow jedi PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    How about having Austria as an assistant first? O para bang Koy Banal to Ryan Gregorio yan? :)

But the team does need fresh inputs and insights. I don't think Jong's present assistant coaches are doing a good enough job.
  • If Custis is available, then he is okay for me to suit up for the Beermen.

overheight ata si custis for this conference....

alisin kaya si seigle? baka sya ang problema since pag na kay seigle ang bola, alam na ng kalaban ang mangyayari..he will shoot it....

i know it's not the sole reason why smb is losing but it could be one....
  • outmapoutmap PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    No need to change the coach, Jong isn't as bad as Greggy! *okay* :rotflmao: :bop:
  • Nothing Personal To Jong. Wala Lang Kabuhay Buhay Ang Team. It Seem The Character Of A Coach Has Lot To Do With The Character Of The Team.
  • shadow jedishadow jedi PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    ^Hehehe! I guess Mente always had that role na pampabuhay e...
    Mukhang kulang talaga sila sa energy, hustle at intensity.

Hope Dorian and Dondon would help in this department. Danny S. should really brush up on his defense and learn to pass off the dribble. Alam kasi ng kalaban that once Danny S. dribbles toward the basket e he would go all the way or have that floater of a shot.
  • AnthonyServinioAnthonyServinio Member In Focus PEx Icon 🎖️🎖️🎖️
    This thread will soon become moot and academic because it will be formally announced any time now that Adamson University has appointed Leovino "Leo" Austria as their new head coach for UAAP 69.