Home PEx Sports PBA

PBA=San Miguel Corporation?

I just remember what former Talk 'N Text coach Bill Bayno said a few years back, that PBA is the "San Miguel Basketball Association".

After some thinking, this may be true because...

1)SMC has four teams. SMB, Purefoods, Ginebra, and Coca Cola. Kahit sino mag-champion, ayos lang.

2)decisions seem to be favoring SMB. Take for example Asi Taulava's situation with Ginebra on that year's finals. Noli Eala favored the Ginebra(SMB) Mangement.

3)Everything's SMC!!!
From the title of the conference(San Mig Coffee Fiesta Conference), to the ads and banners in the arena(everything's SMC also!), and the statsboard on TV, like when a player's attempting a free throw, to the best player, to the best play, etc...

I don't know about this but, I've been thinkin about this matter ever since hearing what Bayno said.

Comments

• umm ok....tagal mo pinag-isipan ah..
  • Matagal na rin kasi siyang issue.
    Di ba sabi before, nung binili ng SMC ang Purefoods and what was then the Pop Cola Panthers, eh ma-didisband ang two teams na 'to after the 2002 season kasi nga only two teams per corporation right?

Ayun, wala ring nangyari...
  • like what i posted before in a similar thread like this, what's wrong with it? basketball is what we are talking about here and not the corporate world! besides have you seen an SMC team play below par to favor their opposing co SMC team? i guess not! mas maganda pa nga panoorin ang SMB vs Ginebra game lagi eh tsaka sila lang ang pumupuno ng coliseum..
  • It did not take that long for BAyno to figure that out and he was disgusted about it. he he he heh he.
  • ^2)decisions seem to be favoring SMB. Take for example Asi Taulava's situation with Ginebra on that year's finals. Noli Eala favored the Ginebra(SMB) Mangement.

tama naman ang PBA nun e, pasaway kasi Talk N Text nun dahil ineligible talaga si Asi nun.
  • I just remember what former Talk 'N Text coach Bill Bayno said a few years back, that PBA is the "San Miguel Basketball Association".

After some thinking, this may be true because...

1)SMC has four teams. SMB, Purefoods, Ginebra, and Coca Cola. Kahit sino mag-champion, ayos lang.

2)decisions seem to be favoring SMB. Take for example Asi Taulava's situation with Ginebra on that year's finals. Noli Eala favored the Ginebra(SMB) Mangement.

3)Everything's SMC!!!
    From the title of the conference(San Mig Coffee Fiesta Conference), to the ads and banners in the arena(everything's SMC also!), and the statsboard on TV, like when a player's attempting a free throw, to the best player, to the best play, etc...

I don't know about this but, I've been thinkin about this matter ever since hearing what Bayno said.
    That's a wrong, negative & unfair impression that also affects the advertising aspect of other teams outside SMC umbrella!
    1.) Having four teams at khit sinong manalo ok lang? That's very true & natural na tanggapin mo kahit sinong manalo sa 4 teams mo. Because lahat yan legitimate members ng PBA. Lahat yan nagbabayad ng franchise at nagpapasweldo at nagbibigay ng trabaho sa ibang players, company employees at blue collar workers! Kasalanan ba nila kung may pera silang pang maintain ng mga PBA teams?
    2.) Decisions seems to be favoring Smb? How can you say that when SMC forfeited 3 voting rights sa board of governors when they acquired Purefoods & RFM franchise? Maybe what you are saying that it was Ginebra who's favored because Asi was allowed to play the whole finals series vs SMB team! But even on that Ginebra series it was not Eala's sole decision, it came from the board which SMC has 1 able body & voting rights. Meaning 5 other governors voted against the fielding of Asi(andun pa shell that time & of course TNT rep voted otherwise).
    3.) Everything's SMC? Correct again! But, Pba is a commercial league! Those carrying title's from Conference's, Ads, Banners inside coliseum, Tv's etc... are all paid advertisement that goes to the PBA himself & the Arena they are using! Teams paid millions for it. It's a business & like a pro businessman they are, what they did was legitimate. Besides sometime back McDonald's became conference sponsors also. The Pba has ongoing TEXT promo sponsored by TNT. A house & lot promo sponsored by Sta. Lucia Realty! To top it all, all revenues that Smc, Tnt, Slr pays for this ads will be included sa mga income na paghahatian ng all 9 teams after ng season.

True & maybe true pinag isipan mo mabuti ang thread na ito. But i hope we understand that it's not GINEBRA's, SMB's, PF's & COKE's fault. But as an independent orgnztn, the Pba has their own rules & all members were ably represented! So, 1 voting rights for owning 4 teams is nothing compared to 5 possible oppositions! I thank you. bow...
  • Plain and simple. SMB [email protected] the PBA with their corporate maneuvers.

Ever since the day SMB started owning four teams in the PBA. The PBA has gone to the dogs. Look where is PBA now.
  • ^so whats your proof that ever since 4 SMC teams ang nasa PBA eh bumaba ang PBA? care to give your insights for this?
  • hay naku..i don't think may patutunguhan pa 'tong thread na 'to..this issue has been discussed a number of times...and kahit ano pa sigurong gawin nating paliwanag sa mga taong either makikitid lang ang utak or di lang talaga makaintindi masyado eh wala pa ring mangyayari...so i would like to suggest that this thread be closed na lang..kesa naman sa paulit-ulit at paikot-ikot na pagpapaliwanag sa mga taong sarado na ang utak regarding this issue... *okay*
  • zer0_c0oL wrote:
    hay naku..i don't think may patutunguhan pa 'tong thread na 'to..this issue has been discussed a number of times...and kahit ano pa sigurong gawin nating paliwanag sa mga taong either makikitid lang ang utak or di lang talaga makaintindi masyado eh wala pa ring mangyayari...so i would like to suggest that this thread be closed na lang..kesa naman sa paulit-ulit at paikot-ikot na pagpapaliwanag sa mga taong sarado na ang utak regarding this issue... *okay*
    Very Well said my friend. Meron lang naman dyan na very obvious na wala sa 4 teams ng SMC ang favorite team nya e. Kaya hayun kumikitid ang isip sa mga komento nya sa all SMC threads! Ang unang pumiyok Guilty!
  • Gide0nGide0n PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    ganito na lang ang isipin nyo... ano kaya ang pba ngayon kung wala ang SMC?
  • Kung wala ang SMC sa PBA now....

Eh di wala!!! IMHO...
  • ^ lolz! :lol:

Marami namang team gusto sumali eh. Wala pang monopoly, SMB style!!!
    ^ ang dami nga! :lol:
  • Anong madami?
    ^libag mo sa katawan... maligo ka muna, nanlilimahid ka na! :rotflmao:
  • Hahahahaha!

LOLZ!
  • SoliduS_AlphASoliduS_AlphA PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    this topic is going nowhere. besides the topic itself is redundant.
    di ba nagets nung thread starter na commercial league ang PBA ? so anything is possible.
  • im suprised fortune2 has not yet responded to this thread....or he/she may have a new alternick now...
  • dami pa naman niya kakampi dito..