Home PEx Sports PBA

Alex Cabagnot: The Future

Rocker09Rocker09 Next Gen. Tennis Star
I know it's just one game, but I was impressed with the way he played against ginebra. I never expected that a rookie will be able to do that against the best back court tandem in the PBA(Helterbrand-Caguioa). If he keeps playing like that then he may be one of the top contenders for rookie of the year. Hopefully, maging consistent din siya sa iba pang mga games...

GO ALASKA!!!

Comments

• ^^could be! he's young and very talented.. wag lang lalaki ulo!
  • i wonder why he got the ire of mark caquioa. parang simula palang mainit na ulo sa kanya ni mark.
  • “I’m still adjusting. They’re physical here. But I’m learning. As Cap (Dennis Espino) said, ‘if you want to complain, go to the precinct,’” said Cabagnot.

Di ba ito rin ang sinabi ni Espino dati when he was asked to comment on the physicality between him and Caguioa? Hmmm .... baka ginagawan lang ng issue to para dumami ang manonood everytime maglalaban ang SLR at Ginebra.

Nevertheless, I think Mendoza-Cabagnot vs Caguioa-Helterbrand will be a good match to watch whenever these two teams meet. Mendoza has now shown that he is comfortable as a shooting guard even if he gives up a lot of height against the player he will be guarding.
  • zenmarzenmar PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Talaga bang ganun kagaling si cabagnot 1 on 1 o ganun lang kiasama ang depensa ni mark? tagal ko na ring di nanunuod nang ginebra games.
    promayk wrote:
    “I’m still adjusting. They’re physical here. But I’m learning. As Cap (Dennis Espino) said, ‘if you want to complain, go to the precinct,’” said Cabagnot.

Di ba ito rin ang sinabi ni Espino dati when he was asked to comment on the physicality between him and Caguioa? Hmmm .... baka ginagawan lang ng issue to para dumami ang manonood everytime maglalaban ang SLR at Ginebra.

Nevertheless, I think Mendoza-Cabagnot vs Caguioa-Helterbrand will be a good match to watch whenever these two teams meet. Mendoza has now shown that he is comfortable as a shooting guard even if he gives up a lot of height against the player he will be guarding.

Yari sila sa magiging defensive match up ni paolo add mo pa diyan ang pagiging streaky shooter ni paolo.
  • cabagnot: PBA's dwyane wade.. my 2 cents..
  • luks7210luks7210 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    zenmar wrote:
    Talaga bang ganun kagaling si cabagnot 1 on 1 o ganun lang kiasama ang depensa ni mark? tagal ko na ring di nanunuod nang ginebra games.

Hindi si Caguioa ang ka match-up ni Cabagnot, it was JJ Helterbrand. There is this one point in the final 3-minutes where he took JJ off the dribble and scored a three-point play in the face of JJ. He also made a three point shot with Caguioa in front of him, plus a technical free throw when Caguioa put his foot underneath as Cabagnot was shooting a 3.
    luks7210 wrote:
    Hindi si Caguioa ang ka match-up ni Cabagnot, it was JJ Helterbrand. There is this one point in the final 3-minutes where he took JJ off the dribble and scored a three-point play in the face of JJ. He also made a three point shot with Caguioa in front of him, plus a technical free throw when Caguioa put his foot underneath as Cabagnot was shooting a 3.
    diba nagsimulang maginit sa cabagnot c mark ang bantay ? tanda ko kasi pula ang medyas nagbabantay sa kanya nung una na foul pa nga siya nung dumrive siya.
  • insecure lang si mark kay cabagnot! *pexadik*
  • color_s_Kaboinkcolor_s_Kaboink PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    oo nga mukhang naiinsecure si mark
    but nevertheless ok yan sa pba
  • i remember the announcer (yun partner kagabi ni norman) saying during a timeout that mark intentionally went to the bench of slr and gave a pat on the back to alex.. maybe because they knew each other so well back in the states.. am i right in saying that alex broke some records of mark caguioa back there?
  • I don't think Cabagnot can be declared as for real just because he had his way with Helterbrand and Caguioa. Those aren't really knwon for their defense. Plus add the fact that Paolo's outside sniping made the defense a little bit honest
  • Very consistent shooter, buti di niya ako pinahiya yung pinuri ko siya sa game 1 palang ng Realtors yun nga lang tinalo niya team ko kahapon hahaha, pero ayos if he can continue this way then finally we can see another consistent shooter ON the dribble in the PBA.
  • tiffac wrote:
    Very consistent shooter, buti di niya ako pinahiya yung pinuri ko siya sa game 1 palang ng Realtors yun nga lang tinalo niya team ko kahapon hahaha, pero ayos if he can continue this way then finally we can see another consistent shooter ON the dribble in the PBA.

I would tend to think that maybe after some games pa natin malalaman kung consistent nga ba talaga itong si Cabagnot, although at this point he is showing a lot of promises. For a rookie in the PBA, he has good shooting percentage in his last two games. This means he knows how to create his shots and chooses his shots well. Di nya pinipilit.
  • maganda ang upside sa game ni alex...gaganda pa ang laro niyan...
    well, parang hindi mo mararamdaman ang pagkawala ni kenneth dahil meron silang alternative na go-to guy sa endgame for the realtors
  • Too early to tell. But if he's going to be great, then good for the PBA.
  • SoliduS_AlphASoliduS_AlphA PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Aga naman nun, Dwayne Wade ? I'm not against anyone but its too early. But he did have a great game against Ginebra. Tama, lets give him atleast 1 whole round, a brilliant performance in a single game does not catapult you to Superstar status. Sabi nga,
    you can't teach an old dog new tricks.

:)
  • THERE'S something about Alex Cabagnot that keeps
    breaking Ginebra's and its fans' hearts.
    Years after eclipsing Mark Caguioa's career total
    points at Eagle Rock High School in Los Angeles, the
    22-year-old rookie point guard last Sunday was key in
    shattering the Kings' hopes for a 2-0 start in the San
    Mig Coffee-PBA Fiesta Conference.
    Before another mammoth crowd at the Araneta Coliseum,
    Cabagnot scored 13 of Sta. Lucia Realty's last 17
    points to carry the Realtors to a 92-88 win.
    Spiking it all up, the 6-foot-1 playmaker seemingly
    scored at will against the more seasoned Caguioa, who
    engaged him in some light bantering during halftime
    and in the last 1:38 of the game, and the latter's
    backcourt partner, Jay-Jay Helterbrand.
    Not bad for someone who maintains he is still feeling
    his way around the team and PBA.
    “Jeff (Cabagnot) saved us tonight,” stated SLR coach
    Alfrancis Chua after the game watched by 13,477 paying
    fans, most of them Ginebra fans.
    “I just gave him the ball and he went and carried us
    home.”
    Cabagnot's feat, the most sterling yet by any of the
    league's locals, earned for the Quezon City-born
    Cabagnot the nod as Gran Matador Player of the Week by
    the PBA Press Corps.
    That distinction seemed a very far-fetched idea after
    Cabagnot started the season with just seven points in
    the Realtors' 75-80 loss to Alaska last Wednesday.
    He did have six rebounds and five assists in that
    game,jacking his averages for the week at 11.5 points,
    four rebounds and as many assists.
    Cabagnot said he is more concerned with his team
    defying the odds and keeping on notching the wins, a
    hope that could be realized once Dennis Espino and
    Kenneth Duremdes fully recover from their respective
    injuries, and he fully gets into the PBA groove.
    “I'm still in my adjustment period,” said the man who
    suited up for University of Hawaii-Hilo and whom SLR
    entrusted with its No.2 pick overall in the rookie
    draft.
    “It's a lot more physical out here, but I've no
    complaints,” he added with a boyish grin.
    Sta. Lucia is now toting a 1-1 win-loss slate in a
    tie with its victim, Alaska, Red Bull Barako and
    Purefoods.
  • DI10DI10 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    magaling sya pero we'll see antayin man lang natin makalaban nya lahat ng teams! although good thing for paolo mendoza mas comfortable sya sa 2 guard kasi shooter naman talaga sya e
  • Promising si Cabagnot at the point guard spot para sa Sta Lucia basta wag lang mahawa dun sa sentro nila. :lol:

It would interesting to see Cabagnot vs Alapag pag nagmatchup sila.