Home PEx Sports PBA

PBA's Buzzer beaters

Guys... what do you think is the league's unforgettable buzzer beaters?

One thing I can share is Rudy distrito's fade away jumper in the dying seconds of the championship game between shell and anejo in 1990.

Comments

• peejay1phpeejay1ph PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    The scoop shot of Mon Fernandez from a pass from Jaworski in the All-Star game...

Bal David's shot from just past the half court line against San Miguel and another off the glass against Mobiline...the one that made Asi Cry :mecry: :mecry:
  • ^ Michael Young's turn-around jumper... and running straight to the exit without a backward glance ;)
  • 1996 - Ken Redfield's (Shell) bank three on the fly to seal the game and send the Turbochargers to the Commissioner's Cup Finals.
  • aze24aze24 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Bal David Half court shot.
  • that was 1991, game 7 winning jumper by rudy d...1990 was the walkout...

recent? wala mashadong buzzer-beaters na may impact eh...
  • for me henry james's buzzer beater to beat alaska yata yun.. also jayvee gayoso's buzzerbeater (6 pts in the last 15 seconds) also to beat alaska!

recent buzzer beater na alam ko yun kay peter june simon.. steal and a lay up.. alaska din yata kalaban nila nun..
  • dakilangungazdakilangungaz PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    bal david buzzer beater... when they beat talk n text... umiyak pa dun si taulava...
  • color_s_Kaboinkcolor_s_Kaboink PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    lately yung naaalala ko yung

kay peter june simon....4pts in the last 16 seconds grabe makapigil hininga yun :D
  • Onga e ang mali ni Cablay yata nun e nagmali sa last play kaya nung napalpal yata yun tuloy tuloy si Simon for the game-winning layup.

Mga memorable ko:
    - Kenny Redfield in 1996
    - Two game-winners ni Bal David
    - Game-winner ni Caidic in 1997
  • memorable sa akin

- Rudy Distrito in 1991
    - Ken Redfield's
    - South Korea's dagger three (Asian Games ata ito, sorry di ko tanda eh. olsen racela and asi taulava missed 4 consecutive free throws)
  • Vergel Meneses game winning 3 point shot against alaska in 1995. I think it was the game 7 of Swift vs. Alaska.

Ronald Magtulis recovery and ala hoy putback sending Ginebra to the quarters against purefoods. I just can't remember the year.

Chris Tan game winning 3 point shot sending Sta. Lucia to its first ever championship.
  • Also the Boyet Fernandez 3 point shot beating Tanduay in the final four.
  • i think the best un kay kay bal david kasi game-winning talga un miracle shot nya, considering na ala ng timeout nun when mike mustre made a three to put smb up by 2...
  • Willie Generalao, Pido Jarencio and Frankie Lim that are near in the freethrow line of their opponents.
  • spongklong wrote:
    for me henry james's buzzer beater to beat alaska yata yun.. also jayvee gayoso's buzzerbeater (6 pts in the last 15 seconds) also to beat alaska!

recent buzzer beater na alam ko yun kay peter june simon.. steal and a lay up.. alaska din yata kalaban nila nun..

That was against Shell (Henry James).

Later in the same conference, Benjie Paras' blocked James' three point shot to set up Ken Redfield's "Bankshot Heard Around the Archipelago". In the top 20 plays compiled by the now defunct Hot Stuff, that shot was number 1. *okay*
  • what about the buzzer three point shot of willie miller... recent lang to... two threes in the last 10 seconds i think, the second one was the buzzer beater one
  • i think the best un kay kay bal david kasi game-winning talga un miracle shot nya, considering na ala ng timeout nun when mike mustre made a three to put smb up by 2...

the best talaga to...naalala ko pa...tuwang tuwa na c mustre...bidang bida ang dating biglang kaboommmm
    tapos nafeature pa c bal david non sa hot stuff ( show ni chino at anthony )...sabi nya pinapractice daw talaga nya ung ganong tira....ayun,inulit nya nga...pasok pa rin !!!!
  • ang naaalala ko yung buzzer beater ni alvin patrimonio against shell nung 1998 wherein may tumira (i forgot kung sino) tapos nagscramble sa rebound then siya nakakuha then binato niya pumasok (para siyang fade-away na pabato).

other memorable buzzer beaters:
    - bal david's halfcourt shot in 1996
    - another bal david shot in 1999 against mobiline (umiyak si asi pagkatapos)
    - ronald magtulis "bato tae" shot against purefoods in 2001 (badtrip ako nung day na yun)
    - boyet fernandez shot against tanduay
    - jun simon's game game winning lay-up against alaska
  • al solis (swift) full court three pointer against smb..the game was almost over..no timeout..around 2-3 seconds left..inbound from the backcourt..but suddenly, al solis took a trey and it sank..just only proved that aint over til it's over..
  • Al solis 3 pointer in game 5 of 1989 finals against alaska