Home PEx Hobbies Books and Literature

Your Favorite Quotes Part 2

AdaAda Administrator PEx Moderator
Part 1: http://www.pinoyexchange.com/Forum12/HTML/000052.html

Keep those quotes coming! :)

Comments

• something like... "just because she doesn't love you the way you like her to, doesn't mean she doesn't love you with all she has" ---Allycia here in pex
  • Life is a lot like school, everything is a learning experience.
  • KuyaDannyKuyaDanny Moderator PEx Moderator
    Before you criticize a man
    walk a mile in his shoes.
    That way, when you criticise him
    you are a mile away and you have his shoes.

:)

[This message has been edited by KuyaDanny (edited 01-26-2000).]
  • I don't know if this was posted in Part I already, but I'm too tired to read through the whole list. Anyway, here goes:

"What does it profit a man to gain the whole world if he loses his own soul?"

-St. Thomas Moore

[This message has been edited by clone (edited 01-26-2000).]
    "TO ERR IS HUMAN...BUT ISN'T IT DEVINE?"

To an aspiring writer, who complained to his boss that he seemed at a loss for words in reporting his initial assignment:
    Write 'em as you see 'em, letting the adjectives fall where they may!

-- Grantland Rice
    New York Times Sportswriter

NewYorker363

[This message has been edited by NEWYORKER363 (edited 02-07-2000).]
  • "if equal attraction cannot be... then let the more lovin' be me..."
    from the TV Series, Felicity

the 3 most remembered people in one's life:
    1 we love but have to hate,
    1 we hate but can't live without,
    1 we can't live without, but have to let go of...

and of course... the favorite quote of all time...

I don't believe in Mathematics.- Albert Einstein

go papa Albert!
  • Hiya NewYorker. Hiding at PEx again? Wassamatta, can't access TalkPinoy again? Oh, the tormentors are still active at TP, the Tata is unable to clean them out yet, right?

OK here's a quote for ya:
    Even if you're behind, a sustained look of control and confidence can give you a mental edge that results in victory.

Remember? It's your quote. Mebbe if ya practiced what ya preach, ya won't have to hide at PEx anymore.
  • Hey, Rico? You don't sound like the SMTM of old. Parang ang babaw ng dating mo ngayon, LOL. NO sarcasy.

No, am not hiding. Just that wanna take a respite there a week or two. Can't keep up with the powwow and TP in real time.... Mebbe ah shld move to the West Coast. Could be a great idea...

I donk know how Tata is doing. Ayaw paawat. He's your fellow Californian, you know, if you really live in LA. I remember you giving your full home addy in the defunct PN re those contributions questioned by a lot of scammed vets... which I did not believe, anyway... but that's the reason I called you a Californian.... Tata Ambo is somewhere there, maybe even in your 'hood.
    One tough hombre. Being a Rizalenyo with Cavitenyo roots.

I might be back to TP in a couple days. How bout you... permanently hiding here? I'm not a coward like you, LOL. I donk back out of a good fight, YOU knew that, didn't you?
    Hahahaha!

Pero ang pintas ko lang yong mga taga-PN na umaawat sa akin, ni walang sinasabi doon sa "gumugulpi" at itong ginugulpi pa ang sinesermonan! Saan ang sense doon, huh, my friend?

Ewan. Sige. Balik ka ron. Duwag lang ang nagtatago.

• Rico,

Another thought. Bakit ang dami mong alam sa akin? Hanggang ngayon ba you're still on my tail? LOL. Weirdie!

O ikaw si Shooter?

Aminiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnn! Ha, ha.

NY363
  • fr the book :The Secret Life of Toys:

"Everyone has the power to make others happy--some do it by entering the room, others by leaving it."

"No one is completely worthless--they can always serve as a bad example."

~*~
    from the book I Like You Just Because:

"I do my thing, and you do your thing. I am not in the world to live up to your expectations. And you are not in this world to live up to mine. You are you and I am I. And if by chance we find each other, it's beautiful."

~*~
    "When a man opens the car door for his wife, it's either a new car or a new wife."
    --Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh

;0
  • Pinoy Quotes:

Be Dur or Be Skwur, Gummy Bur (taken from Kule)
    What do you think of me, thinking of you??!
    What do you take me for? Granted?!
    Form a straight circle!
    You go up downstairs!
    (a really pissed-off teacher): You come to my office tomorrow.... RIGHT NOW!
  • "When you love someone, you say it...out loud...right there...or else, the moment just passes you by..."
    --- My Best Friend's Wedding ---
    ito yung boat scene.. my most favorite scene sa movie... thats not the exact line pero you get the meaning naman... :)
  • Success
    by Ralph Waldo Emerson

To laugh often & much
    to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children

to earn the appreciation of honest criticsand endure the betrayal of false friends;

to appreciate beauty,
    to find the best in others;

to leave the world a bit better,
    whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition

to know even one life has breathed easier because u lived.

This is to have succeeded
  • Got this from a newspaper article, something like: "Everything in the world is temporary because everything changes. That's why it takes great courage to love, knowing that it might end anytime, but having the faith that it would last forver."
  • Know the law very well so that you will know how to break them properly.

• we've read quotes or lines or sayings that we cannot forgot...they have struck you, or it tells alot about you...or u just like it
  • I remember reading "The Hacker's Manifesto" by the Mentor for the first time and I couldn't help but love it. Especially the line

"Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what
    they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that
    you will never forgive me for. "

It is so emotionally ridden for me that everytime I read it, I feel as if I have reaffirmed my own identity.

• "It's pretty hard to throw dirt upon others without getting a little bit dirty yourself."

"Last words are for fools who haven't said enough."

• I like Pablo Neruda's poem "Tonight I Can Write The Saddest Lines" with the lines:

"Love is short, forgetting is long."

Wala lang. So true.