Home PEx Hobbies Books and Literature
Speak your mind, but mind what you post. Let's not spread disinformation and/or misinformation.

Your Favorite Quote(s)

AdaAda Administrator PEx Moderator
What are your favorite quotes? Share them with us. smile.gif

Comments

• "God is good...all the time!!!"
  • "sometimes it takes more courage to do what is right than to do what is wrong"
  • The difference between news and gossip lies in whether you raise your voice or lower it.
  • AdaAda Administrator PEx Moderator
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep
    to gain what he cannot lose."

"From day to day, nothing so surely defines the quality of our lives as the unwavering affirmation in the eyes, in the voices, and in the presence of our friends. It is through them that we truly begin to know ourselves, and it is their affection that assures our dignity and worth."

• When love comes, his wings are swift,
    his ways are full of quick surprise,
    'tis well for those who have the gift,
    to seize him even as he flies!
  • CyCy PExer
    "I chose to love u in silence for in silencei find no rejection, i chose to ador u in my loneliness for in my lonelinessno oneowns u but me"
  • "Always try to understand the tortured anguish that drives people to do the mean things they do and it will not be too hard to forgive." - Read this on a calendar and it just stuck.

"Infatuation is like going into a candy store and wanting everything you see; Love is going into a candy store and wanting only your fave jellybeans forever." - Forwarded through text, cute isn't it? It's actually gummies for me. =)
  • One of my old favorites:

He who knows, and knows he knows, he is wise--follow him. He who knows, and knows not he knows, he is asleep--wake him. He who knows not, and knows he knows not, he is a child--teach him. He who knows not, and knows not he knows not, he is a fool---shun him!

And my recent fave:

Mr. President, don't worry about us being afraid. We have faced bullets outside the silver screen and faced down tanks with only rosaries in our hands.
  • I know this is an old one but it's timeless...

"Do unto others what you want done unto you." :)
  • "It's better to be at second place because you learn to try harder..."

• 1. " It's better to get hurt in the pledge of danger than to see you in the arms of another."

2. " Giving up someone like you means threatening myself to die. "

Cute noh ! :)
  • batang uliranbatang uliran PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Patriotism is the last refuge of the scoundrel.
  • This one is a line from Picasso that caught my attention:

"There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot, but there are others who, thanks to their art and intelligence, transform a yellow spot into the sun."
  • batang uliranbatang uliran PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Another one I just remembered -
    Those who do courageous deeds rarely see themselves as courageous.
  • AdaAda Administrator PEx Moderator
    Others I like as well:

"A fool will try to convince me with his reasons, a wise man, with my own."

"The supreme happiness of life is the conviction of being loved for yourself, or more correctly, being loved in spite of yourself." - Victor Hugo

• Here are some of my favorites:

1. Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the dogs of war! ---Julius Caesar, by Shakespeare;

2. Go out into the deep! ---New Testament

3. The heart has its reasons, of which reason knows nothing---Blaise Pascal

4. Tonight, I can write the saddest lines.To think that I do not have her. To feel that I have lost her. ---from 'Tonight I can write the saddest lines,' by Pablo Neruda
  • "A friend hears out the song in my heart and sings it to me when my memory fails." :)
  • "It is better to be approximately right than to be precisely wrong."

"A journey of a hundred miles begins with a single step."

• "When love and skill work together, expect a
    MASTERPIECE."

"Stand up to be seen, speak up to be heard, shut up to be appreciated."

"In the cookie of life, friends are the chocolate chips."

"Friendship is like wine; it gets better as it grows older." -- Sirach 6:14

Trinjy: That friendship quote was by Rev. Albert Nimeth. :)

Kutyista: By any chance, are you a member of YFC? :)
  • "That which doesn't destroy me only makes me stronger."

"Destiny is made known silently."
This discussion has been closed.