Home PEx Hobbies Books and Literature

Which is your favorite newspaper?

Title says it all.

Comments

• IraIra PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    My favorite local newspaper would be Philippine Daily Inquirer. They have interesting news, their editorials are generally well-written and thought-provoking, and they have great, great features. I don't understand, though, why they devote so much space for ballroom-dancing (I think it runs during Thursdays?). Sometimes, their news isn't balanced, but that's part of the charm--their anti-Erap stance. :)

My favorite international (?) paper would be NY Times (online). Very, very extensive coverage of news, great editorials, and interesting features.
  • AdaAda Administrator PEx Moderator
    The Philippine Star. Overall, I think it's okay. I just wish they would cut down on the society pages [read: Maurice Arcache].
  • BadGiRLBadGiRL PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    PDI... i love their youngblood section (tues, thurs, sat)... it's where young ppl 20s and below get to share their views and experiences about anything under the sun...sometimes the stories are funny, sometimes mushy, sometimes nakakaiyak talaga....

and of course, fearless views. d tulad ng bulletin na halatang sobrang sipsip sa gov't(err..no offense to mb readers out there)
  • clawed_outclawed_out PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    phil. star, like ate ada, on what part i'd like to cut, i think it would be the portion of ms. pops f. , d ako ganon ka-emotional kasi eh. ;)
  • PDI. i love their expose's.
  • Definitely, it's the Inquirer...

Badgirl: Kahit sino ang Presidente, laging sipsip ang MB sa administration...
  • I like this new newspaper The Philippine Post and I love reading this great writer named Roel Hoang Manipon.
  • I would have to agree with you asterisk, Philippine Post is my paper, and yes you are right about Roel Hoang Manipon, one of the best!
  • walangdilawalangdila PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    but if i do, i'm sure it must not be the PDI.
  • PDI... pag basa mo ng front page lahat ng emotion nasayo na... minsan magugulat, magagalit, maiinis, matatawa... katawa pictures nilang nilalagay sobra.... tsaka andun idol ko... si sir Pol Medina Jr. ... tsaka 2bu correspondent ang fellow pexer natin... si p-a-m-m-y... :)
  • KuyaDannyKuyaDanny Moderator PEx Moderator
    Once upon a time in this country, the newspapers generally told the truth. I remember my mother saying "nabasa ko sa diyaryo" whenever people asked her where she got her information, and that was enough proof for most people.

But that was in the 60s, before some very intelligent bar topnotcher became president and managed to muzzle the entire press, causing damage that hasn't quite been fixed up to now.

So I have learned not to trust one single paper. I have to read two, maybe three, and decide for myself what to believe - usually that which lies somewhere in between the opposing viewpoints. I read the Inquirer *and* the Bulletin, and sometimes the Star. I also read BusinessWorld.

For foreign news, I rely on the International Herald Tribune and the Asian Wall Street Journal.
  • zimdudezimdude PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    I have become tired of reading the front page news, it's becoming to pointless to read anyway :) So I go off to the features instead. My favorites are Inquirer's People at Work, Business Monday and 2BU; and Star's Business Life.

PDI has an informative analysis page.
  • PDI for its truth and impartiality.
    Star for its pomp.
  • the philippine daily inquirer. very bold editorial.
  • NewtoNNewtoN PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Laking PDI ako e...it has been our newspaper at home for almost a decade already...we used to buy Bulletin Today(Manila Bulletin) but those were the days when all I read is just the Comics Page. :D

Aside from the Frontpage, Editorial and Sports page, I also like Inner Mind, Tales of the City, Trivia by Bong Barrameda, Technology Page, Nestor Torre's column, and of course... 'Pugad Baboy' & 'A. Lipin'(and 'Coffee Cats')in the Comics Section. :D
  • love the pdi
  • dee-deedee-dee PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    laking-PDI din ako. my father taught me how to read using the newspaper as a grade schooler. personally, i also like the lay-out - relaxing sa mata.
  • PDI and Today
  • PHILIPPINE DAILY INQUIRER...eto na kinalakihan ko :lol:
  • *happy*phantom**happy*phantom* PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    I like reading Today. PDI is ok but I take it with a grain of salt.