COMMUNITY NOTICE: If you are having trouble in your account access, please do send us a message at [email protected] for assistance.

Have You Ever Formed Your Own Philosophies/Theories?

my_identitymy_identity ATheist PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
...it could be anything, about the world, man, god, universe, existence, reality, what-have-you. It could be about everything. If there were/are great-great German, Greek, American, English, Chinese, French, Italian philosophers, it's time that we, Filipinos, show the world that we too have something to contribute in the realm of science and philosophy. I am actually waiting for the day that Filipinos would be extolled for being great thinkers/scientists/philosophers that they are. It's not asking too much, is it?

Post away! *okay*

Comments

• freakster2k1freakster2k1 Member PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    yes, my views on things-- post modern and subjective. its consequences include that of losing objectivity and standard in which our society is being govern; but what one can gain is one's ability to be a conscious agent, not free, but to be conscious of oneself.
  • rickymrickym Member PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    i used to have a website which stated my philosophies but i closed the account several months ago.
  • binoperezbinoperez Member PExer
    Basta ang di ko malilimutang philosophy sa buhay ay ung GOLDEN RULE: "...unto unto others...unto unto you." ha ha ha!
  • Lucca YamazakiLucca Yamazaki die boy abunda die! PExer
    Lemme see...

The Universe sucks, and our purpose is to unsuck it.
    There is no afterlife, but your methods of unsuckification will suffice (e.g. Hitler, Gandhi, etc).
  • jefferjeffer Member PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    hmmm.....i dunno if this is already a well-established theory, though....

"Everything is a state of mind."
  • my_identitymy_identity ATheist PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    I had once this thought that we may be like ants to higher entities, even before I've read any theories or proposition pertaining to us being similar to labrats. I've also read that very same thought on Carl Sagan's Contact. There was a snippet there that mentioned something similar to that.

Also, I had once thought that we are capable of thinking the unthinkable. Because once you admit to yourself that you cannot know everything, at that very instant, the concept of everything (including the unthinkable which is no longer unthinkable because it transpired) has become apparent. I'm now a little giddy.
    Also, I had once thought that we are capable of thinking the unthinkable. Because once you admit to yourself that you cannot know everything, at that very instant, the concept of everything (including the unthinkable which is no longer unthinkable because it transpired) has become apparent. I'm now a little giddy.

somehow this reminded me of "Imagination is what makes things real for us."
  • Van GoghVan Gogh color your world PExer
    sometimes, it's so hard to depend on one's own philosophy in life when you know that you will be wrong sooner or later...
    i guess that is my philosophy and as i have said, i might have to eat even this one sooner or later.
    (confusing, right?) oh, well...
  • OlorinOlorin Maiar PExer
    Lemme see...

The Universe sucks, and our purpose is to unsuck it.
    There is no afterlife, but your methods of unsuckification will suffice (e.g. Hitler, Gandhi, etc).

No. The earth sucks. How else do we stick to the ground? (I know, I know....I should let it rest.) :D
  • blehbleh blahbitty blah PExer
    Lucca, you should see Der Untergang. Hitler sucked his own existence up. that's what happens when you start believing your own propaganda.

jeffer, i agree with you on that. but idano if you also include nerve impulses too. we are all animals too subject to our own impulses. it's just how we resist those urges that puts us a little above beasts. but we're all the same. we have the same politics as chimps. we only have the reasoning abilities that can mask our actions as otherwise.

i think we know everything. we just pretend not to know. we're better artists than we think we are. heard of morphic resonance? we are all born with the knowledge our species has. if we willed to be aware of the knowledge too soon, we'll turn on ourselves. so, our instincts of self-preservation kicks in and we go thru the learning process again or we won't see the point in growing up, growing old, or living another day at all. that's where intuition comes from, knowing a bit how something will turn out but can't explain how or why. some people have more, some have less. but all of us only awaken to the knowledge we are ready for because we are bound to a linear existence in time. and all this ignorance is just a way of riding out life with time, or we'd be out of sync with our developing/aging bodies. do i make any sense?
  • omengomeng the glorious PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    "Everybody here on planet eart are perfect, especially human."
  • kenshinflyerkenshinflyer Super Combat Butler PExer
    Here's my philosophy: "You're not impressive."
  • kenshinflyerkenshinflyer Super Combat Butler PExer
    Here's my philosophy: "You're not impressive."
  • jeune_fillejeune_fille i roared and i rampaged PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    How about..... nevermind
    Olorin wrote:
    No. The earth sucks. How else do we stick to the ground? (I know, I know....I should let it rest.) :D
    good one. this cracked me up. :)
  • bobslackerbobslacker sole ruler PExer
    Ako oo.. and it changes(evolves) every minute. Candidate for mental treatment hahahhaha.
  • bobbypinsbobbypins marla singer PExer
    Mine was more like a myth. Came up with it when I was in Grade School--it has more entertainment than academic value. This was my theory:

The different g/Gods and g/Goddesses of the most popular religions on earth were all brothers and sisters. They were my age at the time of my conceptualization, and loved playing with marbles (which became our planets) and malleable figurines (us human beings). They created "people", toys for them at that time. Different ethnicities and races could be explained because of their differences in imagination and skill in scuplting those figurines.

As is natural among brothers and sisters, they soon developed rivalry amongst themselves, and fought big-time. They decided to have a contest--whose creations would be more devoted to their "masters" or "gods"? This explains the adversity and division that comes with religion. They were created with that purpose in mind.

Some of the g/Gods and/or g/Goddesses were so iffy about losing the contest that they sabotaged people of other religions. This would explain natural calamities, disasters and other phenomena outside our control.

...stupid, I know. but my classmates at that time thought it was pretty smart. hehe. relativity. :D
  • longkalog71longkalog71 Master HungHang PExer
    medyo paranormal marxist ako kaya i developed a personal philosophy i called "dialectic exorcism"
  • JaywalkerJaywalker quantum cat PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    wow that's pretty imaginative bobbypins :D
  • rickymrickym Member PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    bobbypins wrote:
    Mine was more like a myth. Came up with it when I was in Grade School--it has more entertainment than academic value. This was my theory:

The different g/Gods and g/Goddesses of the most popular religions on earth were all brothers and sisters. They were my age at the time of my conceptualization, and loved playing with marbles (which became our planets) and malleable figurines (us human beings). They created "people", toys for them at that time. Different ethnicities and races could be explained because of their differences in imagination and skill in scuplting those figurines.

As is natural among brothers and sisters, they soon developed rivalry amongst themselves, and fought big-time. They decided to have a contest--whose creations would be more devoted to their "masters" or "gods"? This explains the adversity and division that comes with religion. They were created with that purpose in mind.

Some of the g/Gods and/or g/Goddesses were so iffy about losing the contest that they sabotaged people of other religions. This would explain natural calamities, disasters and other phenomena outside our control.

...stupid, I know. but my classmates at that time thought it was pretty smart. hehe. relativity. :D

that may not exactly be stupid. this idea was similar if not the same to the computer game populous years ago. the idea was the god should 'terrorize' his worshipers so that they pray to him. the god derives his power from prayer. similar to an energy vampire and with this energy he can create natural calamities to further terrorize his people.

not only that a person who i knew years back said the same thing. during the times with those roman gods they actually did this they would make their their worshipers fight other worshipers of another religion.

i also just talked to a psychic this morning. and she says that the world is not exactly what it seems. that the gods have so much control over us to the effect that we practically don't have free will. everything is orchestrated, even fights are orchestrated to achieve a purpose. bush and bin laden can actually be orchestrating a fight so that liberties within the world can be curtailed. she says that the world is similar to that of the matrix where the so called gods which we worship are actually controlling us for their pleasure. just as we keep animals for our sheer enjoyment, no more, no less.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file