COMMUNITY NOTICE: If you are having trouble in your account access, please do send us a message at [email protected] for assistance.

The Protestant Sunday Worship

I watched this on tv, why is it that the sermon took almost 1 hour?
Can this be considered a worship service when all the time what the minister did is to say a sermon?

Comments

• abuGianabuGian angel baloney detector PExer
    That's only part worship service.
  • FenixFenix Member PExer
    yes johnko, its only a part of the entire service. may praise and worship din (praise songs and prayers) but none of the rituals and repetitive and memorized prayers...
  • MilliardoMilliardo Team Valor PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Fenix wrote:
    yes johnko, its only a part of the entire service. may praise and worship din (praise songs and prayers) but none of the rituals and repetitive and memorized prayers...

And your point would be...?
  • FenixFenix Member PExer
    ^ ... that johnko might think that a 1-hour sermon may be a bit too much, but that's the way it is. Different religions do different stuffs.
    Any more questions sir?
  • wackymathaywackymathay Great Scott! PExer
    Milliardo wrote:
    And your point would be...?

somebody got hit :lol:
  • einein My Redeemer lives! PExer
    Protestants have varying formats for their worship services. Depends upon the denomination and/or local church itself.

In our congregation, the sermon takes about 30-40 minutes (it varies, depends upon the topic/preacher); praise and worship @~30 minutes as well. The whole service lasts for 1 and a half hour.
  • wackymathaywackymathay Great Scott! PExer
    ein wrote:
    Protestants have varying formats for their worship services. Depends upon the denomination and/or local church itself.

In our congregation, the sermon takes about 30-40 minutes (it varies, depends upon the topic/preacher); praise and worship @~30 minutes as well. The whole service lasts for 1 and a half hour.

I think that 1 and a half hour worship service for Protestant churches is the common time format.
  • AnonymouzAnonymouz Banned by Admin PExer
    The outdated Catholic and Protestant worship sessions are such a bore. Which is why Christianity is the fastest drying religion.

In our worship sessions we have sex orgies for 30 minutes, we smoke pot for 15 minutes, we eat pizza for 15 minutes, we play xbox games for 15 minutes, we take a nap for 15 minutes. And then we thank God for all these blessings.

Come join our congregation. Its the Roman Cantotlic Church.
  • AdamantiumAdamantium Banned by Admin PExer
    I Love You This Much

By LaDawn Risenmay

Four years old—and he taught me one of the most important truths in the whole wide universe.

I was lounging in a comfortable living room chair reading a magazine when my four-year-old brother walked into the room, his arms overflowing with toys. Normally I would have told him to play in his room because he is too noisy and I would have to clean up after him. But since I knew he wouldn’t want to do that, I decided not to start a fight I probably wouldn’t win.

He deposited his toys in the middle of the floor and began to play, making appropriate noises for each of his stuffed animals as he picked them up. I laughed, to which he responded with a pouting lower lip.

“Come here, Blake,” I called to him, putting my magazine down. He climbed into my lap. I gave him a hug and said, “I love you,” unconsciously starting his favorite game.

“I love you more,” he insisted, returning my hug.

“No way! I love you more!” I demanded, squeezing him tighter.

He crawled down from my lap. “I love you this much,” he said, stretching his arms out as far as they would go, grunting from the strain.

I stretched my arms out and said, “Well, I love you this much,” which was more because my arms are nearly twice the length of his.

“I love you as much as this whole room.”

I came back with, “I love you as much as this house.”

“I love you as much as the whole world.”

“I love you as much as the whole universe!” I thought I had won because he doesn’t know what the universe is.

“I love you as much as Jesus,” he said surely.

I smiled. He had won. I knew I couldn’t beat that. I asked him to give me a kiss, and he did—a nice wet one on my cheek.

I was not surprised that he had thought of it and I hadn’t. It seems that many of us forget what Sunbeams seem to know so well—that Jesus Christ loves us.

© 2005 Intellectual Reserve, Inc. All rights reserved.
  • jaypogijaypogi hmm... pogi ba talaga? PExer
    ako mas gusto ko pa ngang mas mahaba ang sermon...lalo na kung NAPAKAGALING nung nagtuturo.

and I enjoy PRAISE AND WORSHIP too...it feels like your in heaven.
  • losavlosav Member PExer
    Anonymouz wrote:
    The outdated Catholic and Protestant worship sessions are such a bore. Which is why Christianity is the fastest drying religion.

In our worship sessions we have sex orgies for 30 minutes, we smoke pot for 15 minutes, we eat pizza for 15 minutes, we play xbox games for 15 minutes, we take a nap for 15 minutes. And then we thank God for all these blessings.

One easily got bored when he/she doesn't know what he'she's doing. For me, I never got bored with the Liturgy mr Anynymouz...

Try concert worship, maybe it will give you a small dose of rock and roll...
  • perkinsperkins Member PExer
    Anonymouz wrote:

bwahahahaharharharhawhawhaw...!

i dont need no church to do all the above,

or even adhere to the romans

and without thanks to anybody at that.
    anonymouz says that Christianity is the fasting dying religion, who said so? Is it from your own disbelief? Or simply you dont want to see a wider spectrum?
  • IscharamoochieIscharamoochie Moderator PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    ^ i think he said "fastest drying," not "fasting dying"
    ^ok, i'll give him the benefit of the doubt. Maybe he meant both.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file