Home PEx Campus Ateneo de Manila University

Top Schools In The Philippines

Monday, April 18, 2005
TOP 20 SCHOOLS IN THE PHILIPPINES
This statistics is a result of the studyconducted by the Professional Regulation Commission(PRC) and the Commission on Higher Education(CHED), based on the average passing in the BOARDEXAMINATIONS OF ALL COURSES of all universitiesand colleges in the Philippines.This study is concluded every 10 years. Thefollowing is the result of the first study from1992 to 2001.

Eleven schools come from Luzon, twofrom the Visayas and seven from Mindanao.

1. University of the Philippines (Diliman Campus /Luzon) :)
2. University of the Philippines (Los Banos Campus/ Luzon) :)
3. University of the Philippines (Manila Campus /Luzon) :)
4. Silliman University (Dumaguete City / Visayas)
5. Ateneo de Davao University (Davao / Mindanao)
6. Ateneo de Manila University (Manila / Luzon)
7. University of Sto. Tomas (Manila / Luzon)
8. Mindanao State University (Iligan Institute ofTech/ Mindanao)
9. Pamantasan ng Lungsod ng Maynila (Manila /Luzon)
10. Saint Louis University (Baguio City / Luzon)
11. University of San Carlos (Cebu City / Visayas)
12. Xavier University (Cagayan de Oro / Mindanao)
13. Mindanao State University (Main / Mindanao)
14. Urios College (Butuan City / Mindanao)
15. Polytechnic University of the Philippines(Manila/ Luzon)
16. De La Salle University (Manila / Luzon)
17. Mapua Institute of Technology (Manila / Luzon)
18. Adamson University (Manila / Luzon)
19. Central Mindanao University ( Bukidnon/Mindanao)
20. University of Southern Philippines (Davao /Mindanao)

TOP Nursing Schools in the Philippines

Based on Board Exam passing rates for 2000-2004 only 12 of the 175 Nursing schools had passing rates of 90% or higher. RANK SCHOOL OVERALL% Passing Rate
1 UP-Manila 100% :)
2 St. Paul College-Iloilo 99.57%
3 Silliman University - Dumaguete City 98.39
4 West Visayas State University 97.06%
5 University of Santo Tomas Manila 96.67%
6 Saint Louis University - Baguio City 95.05
7 Mindanao State University Marawi City 95.0%
8 St. Paul College-Dumaguete City 93.38
9 Pamantasan ng Lunsod ng Maynila 92.53%
10 SAINT MARY'S UNIVERSITY - Bayombong 91.02%
11 St. Paul College-Manila 90.81%
12 University of the East-Ramon Magsaysay Memorial Center 90.57%

Comments

• Question lang Po:
    What are the courses in Ateneo that require BOard Exam?

I think ECE and Chem lang...

Then, it is ok to assume na pang 6th Place tayo
    since the ranking is based on "average passing in the
    BOARDEXAMINATIONS OF ALL COURSES"

kasi wala naman masyadong
    courses na may board exam sa Ateneo...

^ Only my opinion
  • i'm satisfied with the result.

we rank number 5! :)

tlgang magtotop ung UP. other than ok ung quality of education nla eh mas malaki ung population nla. expected n mas maraming students, mas maraming papasa.

tulad ng ME, sa school minsan 1 or 2 lng a gumagraduate pag di pumasa 0% ang passing. but if he pass, 100% agad...:)
  • Galing Ng Ateneo At Up!
  • angelo08 wrote:
    Question lang Po:
    What are the courses in Ateneo that require BOard Exam?

I think ECE and Chem lang...

Then, it is ok to assume na pang 6th Place tayo
    since the ranking is based on "average passing in the
    BOARDEXAMINATIONS OF ALL COURSES"

kasi wala naman masyadong
    courses na may board exam sa Ateneo...

^ Only my opinion

That's exactly the perfect explanation.
  • The_ArkangelThe_Arkangel PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Galing ng Silliman. The most underrated excellent school in this country.
  • Anyone with intelligence will tell you that board exams are only one indicator of school performance.
  • the results of board exams measures the quality of students that the school have produced...
  • Ah, so an exceptionally brilliant student who does not take a board exam is beneath measurement?

The board exams are only one indicator of performance, and may not even apply across all schools when it comes to certain areas of study.

For example, how exactly do you conduct a board exam for Philosophy? For Theology? For Political Science?
  • I think the average passing rate should be combined with passed/failed ratio of board takers to get a bit more scale on the board rating.

Another thing, some schools specialized on other field that's why they may show up high up in the ladder in their specialty field but drag to the bottom with other disciplines. For example, I've been into one of the UNI listed above which fare better with engineering rankings but ranked at the bottom with its accountancy. Reason, professors running the dept maintained a very high standard of lectures and exams using very outdated books. The dept was almost disbanded as less and less students getting their license.

Going back to the questions of other disciples which don't have board exams, the rankings should be read as those disciplines with board exams ranked using average passing rate metric.
  • galing galing naman ng Ateneo at La Salle at ang yayaman pa ng mga estudyante, suwerte suwerte dami pera magulang!
  • congratz to USC...!
  • NUMBER 1 KAMING MGA ISKOLAR NG BAYAN!!! WOOHOO!!!

Peace! :)
  • At least tatlong Ateneo schools nakapasok sa top 20 :D

And yung sa nursing, i dont think na valid yan kasi depende sa category kasi, if category A (100 or more examinees) at yung isang school ay category F (or something) at dalawa lang ang takers nila, then pumasa dila, that means 100% ang passing rate nila, so... go figure :p:D
  • PokemonSapphirePokemonSapphire PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Asiaweek's Best Universities in Asia (Philippines)
    in order of rankings:

1. University of the Philippines
    2. De La Salle University (Philippines)
    3. Ateneo de Manila University (Philippines)
    4. University of Santo Tomas (Philippines)

The Times Higher Education Supplement (in order of rankings)

3. Ateneo de Manila University (Philippines)
    4. University of Santo Tomas (Philippines)

CHED Best Performing Schools

3. University of Santo Tomas (Philippines)
    ???. Ateneo de Manila University (Philippines)

sources:

http://www.thes.co.uk/worldrankings/
    http://www.webometrics.info/top100_c...-cont=asia.htm
    http://www.webometrics.info/
    http://www.hust.edu.cn/english/link/.../bestAsia.html
    http://www.ched.gov.ph
  • ^ ^ Rankings don't change the fact that DLSU was, is, and will always be only a fallback choice for those who fail to get accepted in Ateneo and U.P. That's a fact.
  • tell that to my whole family....
  • mac_bolan00mac_bolan00 PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Ah, so an exceptionally brilliant student who does not take a board exam is beneath measurement?

The board exams are only one indicator of performance, and may not even apply across all schools when it comes to certain areas of study.

For example, how exactly do you conduct a board exam for Philosophy? For Theology? For Political Science?

losing focus again, aren't we? board exam results, when applicable, are among the best measures of a college's performance.

with regard to your first question, that student's grades may be outstanding and employers will have no doubt he is qualified. but the government will still lack basis for accrediting him. the government has very good reasons to require board exams for certain courses. choosing not to take the exam could indicate anything from arrogance, to sheer irresponsibility. as a potential employer, i will inquire about it.

and for your second question, the study of law is just as wooley-pooley as PPT (courses for dumb rich boys :D ). but since the practice of law could decide between life and death for a person, they somehome contrived a written examination to see who could practice and who could not.
  • KopibunKopibun PEx Rookie ⭐
    Atenean blooded, sagot!
  • Comment on World Ranking -
    http://www.pinoyexchange.com/forums/showthread.php?t=276934
    it was less of a pique on me when ateneo was far behind la salle...not for anything else or for personal attack so to speak, but if you could glance at the criteria used to determine the rankings & student-prof ratio? duh!
    I suggest that ateneo schools (all branches) should start linking up in 1 system and work full force accreditation with the so-called Jesuit schools worldwide, just like cross-enrolling!
    how cred is this?
    I can even imagine UST ranking #500 on its 400th year?? for crying out loud, UST deserves better position than that..
    But still, i dont believe the rank of ATENEO............ it should have been higher than that.......
    Ateneo is still ateneo! soar high!
  • iRebirthiRebirth PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    ^ "the" ateneo is purely prestige, empty of / lacking in actual substantial merit.