Home PEx International Entertainment International Movies

The Great Raid

DunedainDunedain NINJAneer gone Indie! PEx Expert 🎖️
The Great Raid

main.jpg

Director: John Dahl (Rounders, The Last Seduction, Joy Ride, Red Rock West, Unforgettable)

Screenwriter(s):
Carlo Bernard & Doug Miro (feature debuts)
Hossein Amini (Jude, The Wings of the Dove, Four Feathers)

Actors: Benjamin Bratt (Lt. Colonel Henry Mucci); James Franco; James Carpinello; Marton Csokas (Redding); Clayne Clawford (Private Len Johnson); Mark Consuelos; Kenny Doughty; Joseph Fiennes (from Enemy at the Gates); Craig McLachlan; Robert Mammone; Natalie Mendoza; Connie Nielsen; Sam Worthington

Plot: Forced to retreat from the Philippines, General Douglas MacArthur promised to return. Set three years later, in January, 1945, this is the true story of Army ranger Lt. Colonel Henry Mucci (Bratt), who was chosen by MacArthur to lead an effort to liberate more than 500 American prisoners of war from the Japanese camp, Cabanatuan, part of the bloody and infamous Bataan Death March.

The young colonel, eager to take on this mission first, however, had to undergo a vigorous guerrilla warfare training program, before leading his men, the 6th Ranger Battallion, on a hazardous rescue mission, thirty miles behind enemy lines, that they were not guaranteed to return from... (Csokas plays a starving prisoner of war; Fiennes plays the highest-ranking P.O.W.; Nielsen plays a nurse.)

Studio: Miramax

Based on: The book, The Great Raid on Cabanatuan: Rescuing the Doomed Ghosts of Bataan and Corregidor, by William B. Breuer, which told the true story of Colonel Henry Mucci's raid on a notorious Japanese death camp in the Philippines.

Release Date: December 2, 2005

URL: http://www.themoviebox.net/movies/2005/DEFGH/Great-Raid,The/main.php

Interesting.

Related link: http://www.geocities.com/thegreatraid/

Comments

• i heard of this from Cesar Montano. ano bang role niya dun?

oh my god! James Franco!!!! and Joseph Fiennes! sandali.. tapos na ba nila i-film to? sarap puntahan ang taping location nila? san ba? diba dito sa pinas to i-fifilm?
  • DunedainDunedain NINJAneer gone Indie! PEx Expert 🎖️
    Filmed! I think it was shot back in 2002. Read related link (from one of the extras).
  • Hmmmm... Di ba ito yung movie na ipanagmamalaki ni Cesar Montano na "Hollywood movie" daw nya??? Di man lang pala sya kasama billling... :naughty:
  • pollywogpollywog PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    ^extra lang naman sya dun e!
  • SIOPAO MANSIOPAO MAN PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    2002 fi-nilm, tapos 2005 na hindi pa released? Tagal naman!
  • oi.. mark consuelos! haha. the former male stripper turned soap opera star and married kelly ripa dude!!!
  • magulo ang playdate ng movie nla sa hollywood. even cesar montano was still confused didnt knw when will be released. there is some problems with the producers itself kc ba nman there are some competitive movies this coming summer...war of the worlds, star wars 3, jurassic 4, fantastic 4 ang katapat nila sa playdate summer sa states. kaya they decided sa august or september nlng irelease due to some weak films will be shown. kaya OK lng na imove nla ang playdate ng the great raid.
  • rationalrational PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    I read the book and if Cesar Montano was playing one of the FIlipino guerrilla leaders then he should have major credit! I would wait until the movie is shown before concluding how big Cesar's role is. Hollywood has done this before. Not properly crediting Filipino actors and actresses for their roles. "The Year of Living Dangerously" with Mel Gibson and Sigourney Weaver is one example. Bembol Roco had a significant role in this movie. Supporting yes but still significant. I had to look very hard before I even saw his name in the end credits.
  • The Great Raid Trailer
    From director John Dahl comes the stirring true story of one of the most spectacular rescue missions ever to take place in American history: "the great raid on Cabanatuan," the daring exploit that would liberate more than 500 U.S. Prisoners of War in the face of overwhelming odds. A gripping depiction of human resilience, the film vividly brings to life the personal courage and audacious heroism that allowed a small but stoic band of World War II soldiers to attempt the impossible in the hopes of freeing their captured brothers.

Once a tale shared across the United States, the long-lost story of THE GREAT RAID has been recreated with meticulous authenticity to pay testimony to the many different people, from U.S. commanders to Filipino soldiers to women aid workers to the POWs themselves, who played a part in turning this time of intense hardship and unrelenting danger into a moment of inspiration.
  • thescenethescene PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    The movie is to be released in the US next month.
    At last papalabas na rin! Ang tagal na nitong on the shelf ha?? Meron na ngang bagong TV show at lahat lahat si Benjamin Bratt...
  • Saw the trailer for this movie and there was one long close-up of Cesar Montano, pretty cool.
    Sabi ni Cesar Montano sa interview, natipuhan daw ni Benjamin Bratt si Sunshine Cruz
  • ^ Sunshine has similar features as Julia Roberts...they have big mouths, right?

I saw the making of it on Spike channel. I saw two Filipino actors for a quick second.
  • Set in the Philippines in 1945, "The Great Raid" tells the true story of the 6th Ranger Battalion, under the command of Lieutenant Colonel Henry Mucci (Benjamin Bratt) who undertakes a daring rescue mission against all odds.

Traveling thirty miles behind enemy line, the 6th Ranger Battalion aims to liberate over 500 American prisoners-of-war from the notorious Cabanatuan Japanese POW camp in the most audacious rescue ever.

Major leads include Benjamin Bratt, Joseph Fiennes, and James Franco. Pinoy casts include Cesar Montano, Bembol Roco, Alvin Anson, Rez Cortez, Rommel Montano, Ryan Eigenman, amongst others.

"The Great Raid" opens in the Philippines on August 10, 2005.

http://itsallaboutmovies.blogspot.com/2005/07/great-raid-opens-this-august.html
  • filmed entirely in Hollywood too!
    I thought it was filmed in Australia?
  • ^^ astig ang role dito ni Rez Cortez at Bembol Roco! Henchman number 1 and 2 :)
  • SIOPAO MAN wrote:
    I thought it was filmed in Australia?

yes, it is! *okay*
  • forgforg Administrator PEx Moderator
    I hope it's good