Home PEx Sports PBA

the powerful roster of coaching geniuses in philippine pro basketball

ateneo10ateneo10 PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
with the apparent pending entry of johnny tam into the pba's fedex team, one would have to wonder why there is yet to be a moron quota for coaches in the pba.

ryan gregorio couldn't have exemplified it better when asked just a basketball quarter ago by color commentator artner boom gonzalez in the uaap game of ust and dlsu in round one this season (68) how ust could dig itself out of a hole.

gregorio's response:

"..."

(followed by some more silence)

"it'd take me a quarter to figure it out."

this, despite the game being at the 2:00 mark of the 3rd quarter. after 10 minutes of basketball, he'd have reached his battle plan to enter the last two minutes to dig himself out of a 25 point hole.

fantastic!

given that ust was playing subpar basketball, he could not even ramble off a set of instructions HE would have given the boys from espa?a. and i put in the "..." and followed by more silence intentionally to point out that the remark was not made in jest. he really thought hard for as long as he needed to. but he really had no clue.

what to expect from someone who had a stellar uaap coaching career himself?

and now tam joins the roster of head coaches in the pba who don't really deserve it.

and they fire nash racela from the beda team after he stock piled his team with players in residency? binky favis can't get a head coaching job (although his lack of delicadeza did him in, but what was he to do after caidic's long stint?)?

what is the basketball world coming to?

Comments

• then maybe YOU should coach instead, mr. genius. =)
  • ateneo10 wrote:
    with the apparent pending entry of johnny tam into the pba's fedex team, one would have to wonder why there is yet to be a moron quota for coaches in the pba.

ryan gregorio couldn't have exemplified it better when asked just a basketball quarter ago by color commentator artner boom gonzalez in the uaap game of ust and dlsu in round one this season (68) how ust could dig itself out of a hole.
    gregorio's response:

"..."

(followed by some more silence)

"it'd take me a quarter to figure it out."

it was a stupid question anyway. you're in a hole, and you'll dig some more??? no wonder ryan g got confused.. :bop:
  • ateneo10 wrote:
    binky favis can't get a head coaching job (although his lack of delicadeza did him in, but what was he to do after caidic's long stint?)?[/i]

i think binky is now the head coach of coca-cola....altamirano is back with the smc all-stars....dunno if this is true...
  • ateneo10ateneo10 PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    son23kat wrote:
    it was a stupid question anyway. you're in a hole, and you'll dig some more??? no wonder ryan g got confused.. :bop:

i think we all understood what boom meant.
  • ateneo10ateneo10 PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Big Ticket wrote:
    i think binky is now the head coach of coca-cola....altamirano is back with the smc all-stars....dunno if this is true...

pero syempre pag balik ng mga tao from the int'l stints, tht'd include chot. and he can no longer pull a siot coz the pba has adjusted the calendar so everyone, most especially the players don't have to take hiatuses off of the pba.
  • AnthonyServinioAnthonyServinio Member In Focus PEx Icon 🎖️🎖️🎖️
    :rolleyes:
    I just want to get the people's opinion. Who is the better coaching genius among:

A. Johny Tam (RP Junior NT/PCCr Crimebusters)
    B. Lawrence Chongson (MBA Pangasinan, PBL Air Philippines/Bacchus)
    C. Both A and B
    D. Neither A or B, it's (name of coach)