Home PEx Sports NBA

Portland....going....going.....going strong?

what can you say about the three team trade that put Grant in Miami, Gatling, Weatherspoon and Gary grant plus a future first round draft to Cleveland and Shawn Kemp to Portland plus they also acquire the service of Dale Davis...........loooks like the Trailblazers are making some statement here.."An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth"

ciao
evilgrin.gif

Comments

  • We're ready to rock the house.

    Bring on the Lakers...

    silly.gif
  • but remember, u can only play 5 players at a time. look at what happened to brian grant. he simply lost his game as he did not the minutes as we playing behind rasheed wallace. this will also happen to shawn kemp unless he plays center. mauubos nga lang siya kay shaq if ever they meet.

    superstars such as wallace, kemp and pippen shd be given at least 35 to 40 minutes per game. but this will not happen if mike dunleavy will use all of his forwards. for the lakers, shaq and kobe plays most of the minutes that's why they are producing big numbers. the result: a NBA ring.
  • batang uliranbatang uliran PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    The Blazers just traded Jermaine O'Neal for Dale Davis! Well, they are really going for as many bodies as possible to throw at Shaq! I hope the Lakers get a serviceable PF at least.
  • I would say Davis for O'Neal and Klein is a steal for Portland, but I doubt if there is enough ball to go around. They won't have enough playing time to share but at least they would have several variations to play every game. It would be up to Dunleavy to stroke some ego and make everybody happy.
  • portland will always be contender to the nba crown ... now that they've recruited more players in their roster, expect the team to increase intensity in basketball!

    pero, lakers pa rin!
    peace!
  • Originally posted by delmair:
    I would say Davis for O'Neal and Klein is a steal for Portland, but I doubt if there is enough ball to go around. They won't have enough playing time to share but at least they would have several variations to play every game. It would be up to Dunleavy to stroke some ego and make everybody happy.

    Davis is one of the best "role" players in the NBA.. he doesn't have much of an ego when it comes to scoring, which makes him a perfect fit for the already loaded Blazers. It's Kemp that I worry about.. no way he's going to play ahead of Wallace at the 4 spot... and till yesterday, Kemp had sole possession of the 5th spot with only the aging Sabonis and young O'Neal to worry about taking his minutes. But now he finds himself having to share minutes at center with Davis too.. can Kemp's ego handle this? Let's hope so.

  • neth_rowneth_row PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    wallace, kemp, sabonis, davis, pippen, schrempf, wells, smith, stoudamire, anthony.....

    that's exactly 10 players....with that manpower, you can forget about trying to jell the players with everybody else, that will come when they've played enough games to know each other's strengths and weaknesses....

    what dunleavy can now afford is going with a defensive line-up, without it's offense suffering....besides, their second team is as strong as any other team's first five, so it's up to the other teams to match-up against them.....

    last season, the title was theirs for the taking, only to collapse in one pivotal quarter....don't expect them to make the same mistake this time around....
  • Portland is definitely more of a threat against the Lakers. But to make sure, the coach must be able to utilize efficiently the playing time of his players cause it's very hard to manage all the players of that calibre. Though I still think that Lakers still has the upperhand with Phil Jackson, the zenmaster on their side. And of course... Shaq and Kobe!! Sigh... if only Rodman didn't leave the Lakers....
  • They're nice to look at on paper, aren't they. But that's all it is... paper. Until they prove that they won't choke in the most important games, they're still just a pretender to the NBA Championship. It's been 23 years since Portland won a title, and with everything Paul Allen spent last year, he practically guaranteed one. What happened? Self-destruction at the most crucial point in the season. They couldn't stop Shaq, were inconsistent in stopping Kobe, and didn't know who should take the most crucial shots. Now, they've added the overweight, overrated tub of lard known as Kemp and the very effective Dale Davis to the mix just so "hack-a-Shaq" can be employed all over again. :rolleyes: Yeah, sure. Damon Stoudamire at the point is still their most glaring deficiency, and placing anthony there doesn't improve them any either. As for everybody else, do you actually think that Pippen, Schrempf, or Steve Smith are going to get any younger or more athletic after another long 82-game campaign? :rolleyes:

    The Rock believes he can speak for every Laker fan when he says this to Portland: Just bring it!
  • Originally posted by Hot Pants:
    Portland is definitely more of a threat against the Lakers. But to make sure, the coach must be able to utilize efficiently the playing time of his players cause it's very hard to manage all the players of that calibre. Though I still think that Lakers still has the upperhand with Phil Jackson, the zenmaster on their side. And of course... Shaq and Kobe!! Sigh... if only Rodman didn't leave the Lakers....
    You said it Rock!!! :cool: Bring on the Lakers!!!!
  • Originally posted by neth_row:
    wallace, kemp, sabonis, davis, pippen, schrempf, wells, smith, stoudamire, anthony.....

    that's exactly 10 players....with that manpower, you can forget about trying to jell the players
    with everybody else, that will come when they've played enough games to know each other's
    strengths and weaknesses....

    what dunleavy can now afford is going with a defensive line-up, without it's offense
    suffering....besides, their second team is as strong as any other team's first five, so it's up to
    the other teams to match-up against them.....

    last season, the title was theirs for the taking, only to collapse in one pivotal quarter....don't
    expect them to make the same mistake this time around....

    Ditto!!! :)

    PEACE smokin.gif
  • yeah I guess the Blazers are going to grab a title this season.....though I really hope that the Lakers are going to beat them again....it might sound unfair to us, Lakers' fans...but that's the way it is.... the richer and smarter owner gets the title.
  • its funny how everyone is assuming a portland vs la western conference final. have u guys forgotten how the lakers were blown out twice by a healthy San Antonio squad? i think with the addition of derek anderson and a healthy duncan, theyre the team to beat...they know what it takes to win a championship. portland will forever be the most talented team in the nba( rememeber the days of drexler, porter, duckworth, robinson?)...that was a pretty powerhouse team and what happened? nada. u cant win the championship with sheer talent alone...there has to be cohesiveness. thats something that both the lakers and spurs have...in order for portland to win the championship theyre gonna have to go through la and san antonio...now i find it hard to believe that these 10 all stars will have a chance at beating teams with 2 superstars and championship rings (oh yeah...pippen has 6 right? thanks largely to number 23..he hasnt proven himself capable of leading a team and time is running out).
  • neth_rowneth_row PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    as i've said, jelling is not a problem....their main concern is to establish a go-to guy.....wallace seemed to be the one last season; the question is: can wallace lead his team this time??....

  • nussnuss PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Kahit si Davis lang wag na si Kemp ok na. I wonder what they found in that big mass of fat in Kemp? Nadadaan ba sa taba yan?

    Now, how about the Pacers and its empty frontcourt cupboard...
  • neth_rowneth_row PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    what they found in kemp was a former all-star and one of the most dominating bodies inside....the question is which shawn kemp will show up, the big lard bucket, or the all-star....
  • Originally posted by jepoy:
    Davis is one of the best "role" players in the NBA.. he doesn't have much of an ego when it comes to scoring, which makes him a perfect fit for the already loaded Blazers. It's Kemp that I worry about.. no way he's going to play ahead of Wallace at the 4 spot... and till yesterday, Kemp had sole possession of the 5th spot with only the aging Sabonis and young O'Neal to worry about taking his minutes. But now he finds himself having to share minutes at center with Davis too.. can Kemp's ego handle this? Let's hope so.


    Actually, the main reason why Davis was traded is due to his ego. For someone who averages 10 pts and 9.9 rebounds, he is demanding a salary like Karl Malone. Indiana already offered him $9 million for this year and $10 million for next, yet he still demanded to be traded. I guess only Paul Allen has that money to shell out on him. Besides he has always been a starter for Indiana, with Antonio Davis coming in for him. He may have accepted his "role" behind Miller and Rose, but since they play a different position its not a big issue, however Wallace plays the same as he does, so I don't expect him to be too happy about it.

  • Originally posted by nuss:
    Kahit si Davis lang wag na si Kemp ok na. I wonder what they found in that big mass of fat in Kemp? Nadadaan ba sa taba yan?

    Now, how about the Pacers and its empty frontcourt cupboard...

    Well nothing has really change, the Pacers had always have an empty frontcourt...

    I agree with the mention of San Antonio as another formidable team that Portland has to contend with. Tim Duncan in my opinion is the best PF in the game.

Sign In or Register to comment.