Home PEx Relationships Love - Principles, Practices & Preferences

Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus

thoughts about this???

Comments

• baklitabaklita PEx Veteran ⭐⭐

yung mga lalake sa kabilang kanto... tiga pluto...
    malalamig at walang pakiramdam. etsos talga!

pag girl na girl ka... galing from earth ka o from heaven...

aihihihi!!!

baklita
  • well, it's a cliche that explains why both men and women (sometimes or most of the time?) have a hard time understanding each other.
  • i think these phrases are just used in fortune telling but if you don't believe on it, it's purely nonsense.
  • someone told me that women have to think like martians to be able to understand men...what bout the MEN?
  • this is a good book! a must read!

well, men and women are different when it comes to communication lines....so better read this book, really it helped me understand men more..
  • pianggot wrote:
    this is a good book! a must read!

well, men and women are different when it comes to communication lines....so better read this book, really it helped me understand men more..

which book do u thinks suits me? im engaged..kasi meron for dating, in the bedroom, etc....meron ba for engaged?
  • can u share some what is written there?
    medyo off topic pero yung THE RULES na book, its so not a reality..
  • This is a very, very good book. My favorite would be "What you're Mom didn't tell you and what you're father didn't know" (something like that)...It's actually by the same author, but it discusses nearly the same differences, but it focuses more on communication. Anyone who has trouble communicating with her boyfriend would laugh while reading this thinking: "oh, that is sooo like me" LOL.
  • if this thread is about the book with same title, i haven't read it. from what i know, most of my female friends have read it.
  • A very good book indeed. Truly inspiring and an eye-opener. If you haven't read it yet, then you should.
  • i haven't read any SPECIFIC book on engagements e. Marriage, marami.
    Share ko lang ilang excerpts from the Book men are from mars women are from venus:

1. When a man is silent, it is easy for a woman to imagine the worst.

2. The biggest challenge for women is correctly to interpret and support a man when
    isn’t talking.

3. Just as women are afraid of receiving, men are afraid of giving.

4. A man’s deepest fear is that he is not good enough or that he is incompetent.

5. Not to be needed is a slow death for a man.

6. Women are motivated and empowered when they feel cherished.

7. Men are motivated and empowered when they feel needed.

8. A woman under stress is not immediately concerned with finding solutions to her
    Problems but rather seeks relief by expressing herself and being understood.

9. A man wants to make improvements when he feels he is being approached as the
    Solution to the problem rather than as the problem itself.

10. When our partner resists us, it is probably because we have made a mistake in our
    timing and approach.
  • Just thinking out loud here. But if there are any comments or thoughts from the others, feel free to jump in. :)
    pianggot wrote:
    2. The biggest challenge for women is correctly to interpret and support a man when he isn’t talking.

This is so true! How do you interpret and support silence? It could mean many things. How does a woman know what her man needs if he doesn't tell her?
  • sa totoo lang, i feel insulted when my man is silent..not until i read this book. Dati talaga I was super praning sa kakaisip ng mga reasons why he's like that, tapos pang-asar pa kasi parang he's ok naman, pero iniisip ko nun meron pa rin problem kasi nga he's tahimik...

Hindi pala, talaga palang ganun. Kasi siya rin nag-iisip ng mga solutions sa mga problema namin pero cool lang, marami siyang diversions. Nung nabasa ko nga to, i was so guilty kasi i usually blame him before for being insensitive. I support his silence by telling him that i love him more or being a little romantic pero pigil, hehehe. Then I usually go out with my female friends para siya magawa rin nya yung diskarte nya. Nakikisabay at nakikiramdam na lang ako sa mood, mararamdaman mo naman na ok na siya once he make kulbit na e..hahaha!!!
  • pattybee wrote:
    This is so true! How do you interpret and support silence? It could mean many things. How does a woman know what her man needs if he doesn't tell her?

this is so hard to do because it could mean a lot of things talaga especially if you are both going through a rough time. i'm trying to do that nga right now and i still have no idea if i am interpreting his silence the right way. mahirap eh. di mo alam baka ayaw na nya, nafo-fall out na sya or something like that.

say, you're going through a really really rough times and then you've not been communicating for say 1 week or 2 weeks. and then biglang your guy would blurt something like "i checked on your page. i guess you're getting over with your problems with me already.. sana tuluy-tuloy na.. i guess you've found a new thing to do already. if that's the case, then i'm happy for you...take care.."

i mean, ano yun? what does that mean? situations like these minsan kasi it could be he's just playing safe at takot na makikipag break ka nga or baka you've already given up without you telling him so dinaan na lang nya sa ganun na salita and just said "take care".. or baka naman naglet go na sya din.. but then,kung ganito naman e baket he's still letting people know na kayo pa, di nagpapalit ng password para still may access ka pa sa kanya.. pero ayun tahimik.

di ba ang hirap pag ganito ang situation. so how do you interpret a man's silence???
  • what i do with my man is i let him be the most talkative person when he had a few bottles of beer. most men talk a lot when they had some. pero believe me they mean what they say and kapag sober na sila, they pretend that they dont.