Home PEx Sports PBA

PBA: How To Bring Back The Fans

“We want the games to be filled to the rafters,” said Capacio as he shared his vision for the league in the next 12 months he will act as head of the PBA Board of Governors.

“We have started fixing the financial side. For this year, we have to address the marketing side to basically bring back the fans.

“I was there when the arenas were full. And that’s something you and I and everybody who loves basketball want to see again.”

The task is daunting. But Capacio’s life story—which he describes as “always proving critics wrong”—is a solid testimony to how he’s prepared to face the challenges ahead of him.

-www.pba.ph

Mr. Chairman, here is my suggestion:

each ticket holder can either,

a. choose his favorite team and the team of his/her choice wins.

or

b. one of the teams score at least 100 points.

then he/she will be given a discount the next time he/she purchases a ticket and watches the game live.

any other ideas?

:)

Comments

• maybe a change in kume could bring a fresh start...
  • ateneo10ateneo10 PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    more teams!

the board should've long approved the expansion, but now, they're faced with a recession and two teams anemic about getting a skeletal franchise and another too overloaded bad press
  • mc_316mc_316 PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    ^^ As expected!:glee:
  • Sir Capacio,

Why not do this... field a team composed of La Salle All-stars and Ateneo All-stars to compete against the usual commercial teams?

Dami nanood nung greatest game eh
    -carlo
  • how about... buhayin ang larong "ending" sa live games. Afer the main game... yung ticket holder with seat number pertaining to the end numbers of the scores... wins an autographed basketball.

I would go to the games if they have prizes such as this =)
  • Rocker09Rocker09 Next Gen. Tennis Star
    ^gawin nilang parang MBA, bawat city may sariling team...mas maganda yun kasi yung mga fans solid talaga sa isang team lang...
  • Sana gayahin din nila yung pag maka-100 points or something ang isang team then may freebies! I guess in that way masmapaparami din nila yung crowd.
    carlodeck wrote:
    Sir Capacio,

Why not do this... field a team composed of La Salle All-stars and Ateneo All-stars to compete against the usual commercial teams?

Dami nanood nung greatest game eh
    -carlo

it'd be better if it were dlsu vs admu pro all star game.

but, to make more money and get mileage in, it'd be nice if it were set up as a sort of series.

kumbaga, an ateneo and dlsu all star team each had a tune up game before against a commercial team each, on the same play date, like say friday, and go at it one on one come sunday admu-dlsu. it'd be real fun and will fill up the house if the mother teams release ther players

dlsu:

telan,limpot,allado,wilson,ritualo,cardona,cortez... kahit sama mo pa si artadi

vs fonacier,bugia,gonzalez,alvarez,racela... ala na ata... chia? :D tapus ilabas na sa cold storage si jolas kung pede. tsaka si ticson. kung pede, para talagang competetive, dapat i-guest si la, jc and japeth.

sa kabila si rico m and marko b.

talo kami nito...pero masaya pa rin yan nonetheless.
  • ^ This will discriminate against non-DLSU/ADMU players who comprise about 98% of current and ex-PBA players.
  • Rocker09Rocker09 Next Gen. Tennis Star
    ^magandang idea nga yan
    carlodeck wrote:
    how about... buhayin ang larong "ending" sa live games. Afer the main game... yung ticket holder with seat number pertaining to the end numbers of the scores... wins an autographed basketball.

I would go to the games if they have prizes such as this =)

nako patay ka sa cbcp... they'll take you to the senate! hahahahaha
    speed_1515 wrote:
    Sana gayahin din nila yung pag maka-100 points or something ang isang team then may freebies! I guess in that way masmapaparami din nila yung crowd.

sabay lagay ng rules para bumagal yung game at fedex lang ang nakaka 100 point :D

sa nba kasi, natawa lang ako na may ganung promo yung houston back with steve francis.

e sa team na yun swerte na nila makaabut ng 90 e...

nagpa promo pa sila...
    bchoter wrote:
    ^ This will discriminate against non-DLSU/ADMU players who comprise about 98% of current and ex-PBA players.

well, the idea is ammenable to improvement.

pero sure ako that if you pull off this admu dlsu thing, kahit pa siguro bundled yung tickets so that the price of the tix are 2x of that of regualr games but is for 2 play dates, full house pa rin yan...

as for the other schools, pede siguro yung tune up game na sinabi ko is not vs a commercial team, but rather a uaap (non-admu/dlsu) selection for one side and one for an ncaa selection. and on the secodn date when admu goes up against dlsu, they can be the teaser...

of course, mas ok if the games they play would be separate if they can generate as much ticket demand as the admu-dlsu thing.
  • mc_316mc_316 PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    ^ Allow the sale and consumption of alcoholic beverages inside the venue.. sarap manood habang umiinom eh.... or is this allowed na dito?... di ba kasi sa U.S. pwede ito? Pero syempre may limit lang ang pwede mo bilhin at inumin and syempre bawal magpasok ng drinks from oustide of the venue.:alcoholic: :D.... although malamang angal na naman mga moralista nyan!:lol:
  • dapat more promos and freebies. make the players closer to the fans like autograph sessions.

the PBA marketing group should give the fans more reasons to go back to the games.

kasi kung yung experience ko sa coliseum ay walang pinagkaiba sa panonood ko sa tv e di hindi na ako aalis ng bahay o kaya manonood na lang ako ng sine sa gateway o sa greenbelt, which is cheaper than an upper box seat.
  • JeffreywJeffreyw PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    3 things to lure fans to PBA.
    1. Advertise
    2. Advertise
    3. Advertise

--
    www.PinoyFootball.com - support Pinoy football!
  • 10% discount of tickets if game reaches overtime 20% if there are 2 or more overtimes
  • About a Regional format, I will laud the PBA if they would do this but right now medyo mahirap din gawin yan unless you do something to save money like what the NBC does with the scheduling of games.

Sa expansion naman, sana nga mangyari na to ang masama lang nga e maraming nawalan ng interest dahil hindi rin ginawa ng PBA to dati.

I would be satisfied with ABC's new contract kung papalakasin pa nila ung feed nila, sabi daw sa Pangasinan malabo daw ang PBA.

Tsaka sana babaan ang presyo ng mga tickets, it's too expensive for a basketball fan.
  • if dey do a regional format, baka malugi cla parang mba
  • KARTOGKARTOG PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    PBA is basketball. Concentrate on giving good basketball games--not too loud commentaries and even less of the carnival atmosphere. Let the commentators call a plain shot as just that--a plain shot. And pls ease up on the monickers--everyone and his grandma has one nowadays so who the h*ll cares anyway? Reserve the monickers and the oh-my-gosh shouts to the players and shots that really deserve them--anyway that's the way it is supposed to be right?