Home PEx Sports PBA

Kaboom! opts not to re-sign as pba marketing director; joins solar sports!

ateneo10ateneo10 PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
i saw no one has made a thread about our very own Kaboom!'s departure from the pba, so pa-add na lang sa thread na nagawa na if ever, neth. *okay*

of course, it is not official yet because he is still under contract, but that's just a formality.

he announced on this past monday's edition of IN THE ZONE that he will join solar sports in the same capacity as he was in for the pba.

the pba's loss is solar sports' gain.

Comments

• KARTOGKARTOG PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Good luck fellow PEXer Kaboom! on your new job!
  • Good luck din kay sir Kaboom! Hopefully one day siya magcover ng NBA Finals.
  • ateneo10ateneo10 PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    nastrans wrote:
    Good luck din kay sir Kaboom! Hopefully one day siya magcover ng NBA Finals.

side line na kaagad? hehe

pero he would be a definite upgrade over who they used to hire to cover for those games.

and tutal, malamang andun naman siya if a crew will be sent there, sulitin na dapat bayad sa kanya hehe
  • Siguro naman un din nakalista sa pinasa niyang biodata sa Solar e tsaka matunog na si Kaboom sa TV coverage, UAAP and the PBA is a proof to that so hopefully Solar would give him an opportunity to call the Finals.
  • They should let him cover the NBA All-Star Weekend, particularly the 3-point shootout. :lol:

He's a great addition to Solar Sports and it's a great environment. Fastest growing network right now is Solar Entertainment!
  • congrats KABOOM
    and good luck at SOLAR
    now you've seen the light...
  • PandaemonaeonPandaemonaeon Moderator PEx Moderator
    First order of business is to not send Chino Trinidad on live NBA games ever again.

Secondly, to tell the horny FHM subscribers/program managers that bikini modeling is not a sport.

panda23xg.gif
    gokou wrote:
    They should let him cover the NBA All-Star Weekend, particularly the 3-point shootout. :lol:

don't let him wear out his name hehe
  • gokou wrote:
    They should let him cover the NBA All-Star Weekend, particularly the 3-point shootout. :lol:

He's a great addition to Solar Sports and it's a great environment. Fastest growing network right now is Solar Entertainment!

langya baka mapagod si sir KABOOM dito kapag sya nag cover ng 3-poit shootout...

imagine...

Peja Stojakovich will next to shoot...5...4...3..2...1...

KABOOM!KABOOM!KABOOM!KABOOM!KABOOM!KABOOM!KABOOM!KABOOM!KABOOM!KABOOM!KABOOM!KABOOM!KABOOM!KABOOM!KABOOM!KABOOM!KABOOM!KABOOM!KABOOM!KABOOM!KABOOM!KABOOM!KABOOM!KABOOM! *peace*
    Secondly, to tell the horny FHM subscribers/program managers that bikini modeling is not a sport.

panda23xg.gif

well, they have to find some form of vent when they found out that solar would no longer carry the playboy channel as part of the orignal package with sports plus hehe
  • duncan wrote:
    langya baka mapagod si sir KABOOM dito kapag sya nag cover ng 3-poit shootout...

imagine...

Peja Stojakovich will next to shoot...5...4...3..2...1...

KABOOM!KABOOM!KABOOM!KABOOM!KABOOM!KABOOM!KABOOM!KABOOM!KABOOM!KABOOM!KABOOM!KABOOM!KABOOM!KABOOM!KABOOM!KABOOM!KABOOM!KABOOM!KABOOM!KABOOM!KABOOM!KABOOM!KABOOM!KABOOM! *peace*

LOL!! NATAWA AKO DITO HAHAHAHA

"KABOOM!!KABOOM!!KABOOM!!KABOOM!!KABOOM!!KABOOM!!KABOOM!!KABOOM!!KABOOM!!KABOOM!!KABOOM!!KABOOM!!KABOOM!!KABOOM!!KABOOM!!KABOOM!!KABOOM!!KABOOM!!KABOOM!!KABOOM!!KABOOM!!KABOOM!!KABOOM!!KABOOM!!"
  • benchwarmerbenchwarmer PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Unrestricted free-agent pala si Kaboom! :laugh:
  • PandaemonaeonPandaemonaeon Moderator PEx Moderator
    Counted pa ba sa salary cap ang remaining years sa contract ni Kaboom? :glee:

panda23xg.gif
  • Unrestricted free-agent pala si Kaboom! :laugh:

Buyout daw ang nangyari...

so solar sports have a solid team now...

trade Chino for a box of donuts... *okay*
    Counted pa ba sa salary cap ang remaining years sa contract ni Kaboom? :glee:

panda23xg.gif

hindi. they took advantage of the amnesty so sez the pba coz of the cost cutting, but kaboom! was wooed and just felt he needs to team up with guys who can make him feel the joy of winning again

:rotflmao:
  • Road DoggRoad Dogg PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    good luck, sir Kaboom! *okay*
  • he should just get chino trinidad out of their roster of broadcasters sobrang know-all kasi ******* ***** naman akala niya kung sino siyang gwapo ang pangit pangit naman
  • Hey guys,

Thanks for all your comments...

My employment contract with the PBA did not have a time frame and an opportunity just came up and I felt it was a good one so I transfered. I am happy with what I've accomplished while I was there.

Today is my last day in the PBA and I just came from a team building and planning activity. I think the league definitely got a bad rap since financially it's still pretty solid with attendance revenue exceeding the TV revenue last year. There needs to be improvement of course but I think the PBA just has to strengthen its media bureau to get the word out that things really are not as bad as people percieve.

As for Solar, I am absolutely looking forward to handling the marketing of the sports channels. Let's see if we can take the channel to the next level especially the NBA coverage. The plan is to also to pay attention to the other sports and create new programming that will make people watch the channel even if NBA is off season or off air. So I will handle Solar Sports, Sports Plus, and the Sports Division of RPN 9 that Solar controls.

Your suggestions, of course as always are welcome.

Peace.
  • sir kaboom, how about solar sports being shown in other cable companies? i hope this thing happens. wala kasi kaming solar sports sa cable namin, w/c is destiny. sports plus lang!
  • how about la liga and serie a football
    even on delayed basis

how about the world cup in 2006
    this one live