or 20M per team

ngayon 200M for 3 years
thats like 65M per year
or 6.5M per team

so pambawi lang sa sweldo yan ng mga players
all other expenses are over and above this

so even if they claim that it can be charged to advertising expense
the millions spent is a lot
which forces top multinational firm like shell to disband...

Comments

• KARTOGKARTOG PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    P6.5M will go to each team ANNUALLY. But it's barely enough to cover 2 months' worth of team personnel salaries. Let's do some math: 3 max players at 350K = 1.05M, 9 locals average take 175K = 1.575M totalling already P2.625M, you have the coach and team manager at 120K each, plus 2-3 assistants at 60K that's an additional 420K plus the ballboys let's give them 15K x 3 = 45K to even it out at 500K spend the remaining 35K for the ankle tapes, gatorades, laundry expenses, ointments and other gym stuff. That's already P3.125M monthly right there and we are not even talking about press doleouts and dinners to enhance the team's image and receive respectable ink coverage. Each PBA team is in it solely for the media mileage.
  • The PBA just needed to know their real value. When VIVA and Vintage paid that much, they ended up losing money and even going out of business. Hindi talaga kaya. Maski UAAP mga 10 million a year lang binabayad nang ABS kaya kumikita sila.
  • ateneo10ateneo10 PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Fortune wrote:
    but now i know how the TV money has gone down by this big
    dati with VINTAGE and VIVA
    it was 200M per year
    or 20M per team

ngayon 200M for 3 years
    thats like 65M per year
    or 6.5M per team

so even if they claim that it can be charged to advertising expense
    the millions spent is a lot
    which forces top multinational firm like shell to disband...

you shouldn't only count the money up front.

when a person sees that there's a sale going on in qc, they drive from laguna to buy that one item they covet.

of course, the gas expense already offset your savings.

in the case of the pba, the main reason why you go into it is because of the brand mileage you get. and viva vintage did not do that.

abc invests a lot in equipment and skills to build something truly watchable in the cable age. of course, they also use that to hold the pbna hostage to lowball deals, but really, can the pba complain?

its a steal to some extent. at least with a small deal and tony conjuanco's pocket, you know that he won't default unlike some factions...
  • Rocker09Rocker09 Next Gen. Tennis Star
    mahirap kasi pag sa solar sports kasi magkakasabay yung PBA and replay ng NBA(I usually watch the replays because I can't watch the games sa umaga dahil may pasok ako
  • ateneo10ateneo10 PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Rocker09 wrote:
    mahirap kasi pag sa solar sports kasi magkakasabay yung PBA and replay ng NBA(I usually watch the replays because I can't watch the games sa umaga dahil may pasok ako

well, at least yung 1st half ng game papanoorin mo hehe

the pba should just work around that sked.

or payoff solar to move it up to like 10 pm.