Home PEx Sports PBA

How tall really is Jimmy Alapag?!

I've seen his statistics range from 167 cm / ~5'7 to as high as 178 cm / ~5-10.

Where does the truth lean more towards? Has anyone seen Jimmy in person... face to face, and have a little more knowledge on this matter?

Comments

• SoliduS_AlphASoliduS_AlphA PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    5'8 si Jimmy Alapag? I think,nakita namin sya sa exit area after their game against SMB.
  • PandaemonaeonPandaemonaeon Moderator PEx Moderator
    O/T: How tall is BJ Manalo? I think he used to be listed as 6'1" but I've seen him personally, and he's got to be around 5'8-5'9".

panda23xg.gif
  • ateneo10ateneo10 PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    intrigue wrote:
    I've seen his statistics range from 167 cm / ~5'7 to as high as 178 cm / ~5-10.

this is philipine basketball. always trust the lower limit.
  • shadow jedishadow jedi PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    sa nba din naman ganun di ba? :)

pagdating ba sa international meets may re-measurement?
    sa nba din naman ganun di ba? :)

pagdating ba sa international meets may re-measurement?

yep.

for the longest time, tim duncan was listed as 7'0 for the spurs' ad campaign because it was much easier to market him with d-rob as the twin towers (of 7 footers).

first crack they got in the post d-rob era, the spurs list him back at 6'11 where he belongs.

barkley i remember was listed at 6'6 and yeah right... 6'4 puede.

iverson is barely pushing 6'0. he's not barely 6'0, he's not pushing 6'0. he's barely pushing 6'0.
    O/T: How tall is BJ Manalo? I think he used to be listed as 6'1" but I've seen him personally, and he's got to be around 5'8-5'9".

panda23xg.gif

in the last pba drafts, the perenially 6'4 alavarez throughout numerous leagues gave himself a measure of 6'2 and 1/2. so did wes, also 6'4 sez the uaap and pbl. james yap, trotted as the 6'3 swingman from down south was pegged at 6'1 and a half by himself.

generally, its a one and a half inch padding for the uaap. but that's sorta pushing it for bj if he was listed at 6'1.

tenorio, however, gets no pad. he's 5'8. i should know. was his classmate once and i'm 5'7 and a half. he was a tad taller than me with his rubbershoes.
  • Alapag is probaby around 5'7. i used to see him at Moro all the time before.

dude has nasty hops though.
  • he's 5'7. saw him in rockwell once and passed by him and we're the same height.
  • ^ Around 5'7 1/2 Saw him play here in Sydney...I am about 5'7 and he is a bit taller that I am! Spoke with him face to face too...He worked out at the gym I work at!
  • Mike Cortez - usually listed as high as 6'1. But also quoted to be as low as 5'9 (not likely).

I'd say he's 5'11 on the dot. Any thoughts?
  • bangbang PExer

panda23xg.gif

i went to the same high school as bj. he should be around 5'11. im 5'10 and he's taller than me
  • rpnatlteam%20032.jpg

Jimmy Alapag is around 5'6" to 5'7". Mark Caguioa was measured at 5'11.5" (Listed at 6'1").
  • Not that tall.