Home PEx Lifestyle Health and Wellness
Speak your mind, but mind what you post. Let's not spread disinformation and/or misinformation.

PROACTIVE anti-acne med on TV shopping...

Has anyone ever heard of PROACTIVE SOLUTION? it's supposedly an anti-acne 3-step thing. with a cleanser, toner, moisturizer. a friend is using it and it worked for her. i just wanna know what's the active ingredient of this. i have back acne aside from facial acne and when i went to derma, the treatment they recommended was WAAAAY expensive. this one costs P1500, more affordable sana. share naman if you know anything or your experience with using it. thanks a lot.

Comments

• m using PROACTIV for almost a month now. it's working for me too. meron pa rin break outs pero mas madaling mag-heal. benzoyl peroxide (2.5%) is the active ingredient. it's present in the cleanser and repairing lotion. yung toner, glycolic acid and some other ingredients. meron din kasamang mask (which is free). kailangan mo lang maglagay ng sunblock (at least SPF 15) during the day kasi skin becomes sensitive sa sun. di pa available d2 sa PI ang sunblock nila. sa US, available sa choicemall.com at $39.99 pero yung 3 lang yata yun. :D
  • where can i buy this product? coz i am interested. have acne sa face and i went to several dermas and until now it hasn't healed yet.
    Originally posted by GForce:
    m using PROACTIV for almost a month now. it's working for me too. meron pa rin break outs pero mas madaling mag-heal. benzoyl peroxide (2.5%) is the active ingredient. it's present in the cleanser and repairing lotion. yung toner, glycolic acid and some other ingredients. meron din kasamang mask (which is free). kailangan mo lang maglagay ng sunblock (at least SPF 15) during the day kasi skin becomes sensitive sa sun. di pa available d2 sa PI ang sunblock nila. sa US, available sa choicemall.com at $39.99 pero yung 3 lang yata yun. :D

• Originally posted by GForce:
    it's on TV (channel 9, 13 and 5) - valuevision. you can check out www.valuevision.com.ph if u want. their number is 890-2345. call ka lang para magtanong. pwedeng cash, check or card. nag-charge sila ng delivery fee sa akin pero outside MManila kasi kami. di lang ako sure kung meron if within MM. pwede mo naman itanong. :)

thanks!!

• it's on TV (channel 9, 13 and 5) - valuevision. you can check out www.valuevision.com.ph if u want. their number is 890-2345. call ka lang para magtanong. pwedeng cash, check or card. nag-charge sila ng delivery fee sa akin pero outside MManila kasi kami. di lang ako sure kung meron if within MM. pwede mo naman itanong. :)
  • I've been using Proactiv for a couple months now and it really works! [for me, that is] Just hope you're not allergic to benzoyl peroxide but even if you are, you could build tolerance by using it once every couple of days. There's a 60 day money-back guarantee anyway. Maybe you could order directly from their website?
    www.proactiv.com

If you have any questions regarding shipping etc., you could always email them [there's a link somewhere in their website].
  • can you really attest to me that this thing works? coz it's really hard to spend soo much on something that might aggravate my pimples.

so sorry about the hesitation, it's just that i've spent so much trying to find the right product but i still haven't found the right one.
  • well, i can attest that it works for me and for some acquaintances. as long as you're not allergic to benzoyl peroxide, it may be able to help you. i know how you feel about spending so much for something that's not a sure shot pero i've spent so much na kasi looking for something that would work on me. parang, i was running out of choices so i tried it. fortunately, it worked for me. by the way, it took 3 weeks to see any visible signs of improvement. yung 1 set nila lasts 6-8 weeks daw. i'm on my 6th week, i think i'll have mine consumed by the 8th week pa.
  • Proactiv is great! [but I can only speak for my friends and I, though]

It only took 2 days for me to notice a clear difference with my skin [ but maybe that's because my face was pretty much cleared up to begin with]

BTW, I dunno if it's bad but I usually put the toner in the fridge to preserve it lol.gif Oh wellz...it still works anywayz..

Then again, there's this other product I'm itching to try [for a change]..I saw it in another tv infomercial.. It's a package from www.murad.com but it costs more (like around $60) It makes sense though...the product treats different symptoms/problems associated w/ acne because there are other skin problems that look like acne but is not REAL acne...

Check out their website to see the list of skin problems...Never know, maybe the products you've been using haven't been effective cuz what you think is acne, may not even be acne: ;)

https://www.murad.com/cgi-bin/murad.storefront/444734890/UserTemplate/34

[This message has been edited by - Caligirl - (edited 09-13-2000).]
  • PROACTIV is great. it really works.
  • bakit hindi hiyang sa kin?! :(
  • at first they really work. but kung matagal na it wont.
    sometimes sleeping late and drinking alcoholic beverages make ur skin smooth (applicable for some people already).

like mine i stopped using all those stuffs but whenever i sleep late and drink alcohol it prevents my pimples for spreading and it makes my skin smooth and glowing.

try it!
  • Originally posted by tzibaby:
    can you really attest to me that this thing works? coz it's really hard to spend soo much on something that might aggravate my pimples.

If you think it's too expensive, maybe you could try Benzac which is what I use. It also contains Benzoyl Peroxide but the concentration is higher (5%). As far as I know, it's available at most drugstores.

• hello everybody....do u know how to get rid of facial pores? or any treatment to this..help me...
  • hi ryilin! I read somewhere that you can use witch hazel astringent to make your pores smaller. :)
  • thank you Calli girl...
    where can i get this product? is it available on any drugstore?

is there any other way to get rid of it...???

• ryilin, there's also this product from neutrogena that makes pores smaller. i think it's called Pore Refining Cream.
  • thank you 2!!!!

Pore Refining Cream???? hmmpp....
    I'll try and look it up later ....is this expensive? US$10.00 + ???

• proactiv? i dunno..di ako siguro hiyang..pero sobrang sinira yung face ko. kala ko nagrereact lang or pinapalabas lang yung pimples pero sobra 5 wks na di pa rin gumagaling..
    im planning to buy dermawand..has anoybody tried it? coz i heard pimples don't like oxygen..although dermawand is for anti-aging lang..puede rin ba yun sa pimples?
  • keekhay: i've tried dermawand. (what can i say? suki ako ng valuevision :D) i use proactiv and dermawand together at night. Medyo matrabaho ang acne treatment ng dermawand kasi (accdg to the leaflet) you need to use it four times a day over the breakouts. you can NOT use it with retin A/tretinoic acid or if you have a pacemaker. the leaflet uses the word "cleaning" so i guess it cleans the skin (by oxygenating?) --> hence, more effective ang skin care product that you're using. in my case, proactiv. maybe you're allergic to benzoyl peroxide kaya di nag-work sa yo ang proactiv.

:)
  • gforce: thanks for the info... :D
This discussion has been closed.