[MERGED] All about Warts (Kulugo)

Comments

• statstat Registered User PExer
    doc ira,

is Duofilm (or Collomack) safe for facial warts?
  • IraIra Member PEx Rookie ⭐
    yes it is, provided that you avoid the eye area, the mucosal membranes, and its application to the surrounding normal skin. Just put a small dab on the wart itself.
    will there be scars after scabs fall off?
    It may cause some transient scarring, so unless the facial wart you have is in a "hidden" area, I'd suggest that you just undergo electrocautery.
    not bad for an online consultation. thanks.
    You're welcome.
  • cupid_spellcupid_spell Member PExer
    :rolleyes: can anybody help me on what to do with my warts? what are the kinds of warts ba?
    Have them checked out by a dermatologist. If they are small, they can be removed by application of a keratolytic solution. Otherwise, it will have to be cauterized. Either way, the doctor will have to check them out first.
    Originally posted by Ira
    Have them checked out by a dermatologist. If they are small, they can be removed by application of a keratolytic solution. Otherwise, it will have to be cauterized. Either way, the doctor will have to check them out first.

Oh thanks for the advice..actually my warts are just starting to pop up for now, but i know the virus will spread and will eventually cover my face. Is that keratolytic solution applicable for flat warts too? i think there are two kind of warts kasi...the flat one and the bulging one.
  • the_poll_masterthe_poll_master ~sanXie~ PExer
    cupid_spell

yup! you are right in saying that there are two kind of warts; the "flat ones and the bulging ones".

warts can also be classified:
    as to its shape: cauliflower-like, pedunculated, flat, protuberant
    as to its location: on the sole of your feet (plantar), on the private parts area (genital), hands, face
    as to its texture: soft or crusty
    as to its color: skin colored, red, black

one thing is constant though, they are contagious and should be treated before other lesions or warts develop further. topical wart medications can help treat these lesions. currently, salicylic acid is the main ingredient used to exfoliate warts. more resistant warts are otherwise subjected to burning (electrocauterization), freezing (cryosurgery) or laser treatment.
    Originally posted by the_poll_master
    cupid_spell

yup! you are right in saying that there are two kind of warts; the "flat ones and the bulging ones".

warts can also be classified:
    as to its shape: cauliflower-like, pedunculated, flat, protuberant
    as to its location: on the sole of your feet (plantar), on the private parts area (genital), hands, face
    as to its texture: soft or crusty
    as to its color: skin colored, red, black

one thing is constant though, they are contagious and should be treated before other lesions or warts develop further. topical wart medications can help treat these lesions. currently, salicylic acid is the main ingredient used to exfoliate warts. more resistant warts are otherwise subjected to burning (electrocauterization), freezing (cryosurgery) or laser treatment.

Thanks for that detailed information! that was very iformative! by the way, ive read that some kind of oil ( i just forgot the name) can heal the wart...actually i applied it on my face coz i have flat warts there but i haven't continued doing the treatment coz it's very sticky though its odorless. If i am going to try salicylic acid, what procedure am i going to do?
    Application of local keratolytics are not usually advised when warts are located on the face, because the medication may cause some scarring. It's better if you have them cauterized by a dermatologist, no matter how small they are.
  • cj52000cj52000 KaSapi PExer
    I'm just curious...
    My bf and I hav discussed this, becos he remembered one of his sisters say, he has to hav his warts removed. I really didnt notice it, or maybe Im just ignorant about it...
    Wud somebody please inform me all about warts...what they are, where we get them, and what's the safest way to remove them.
    Thanks in advance! :p
    Warts where? There are different kinds of warts.
  • cj52000cj52000 KaSapi PExer
    hi doc ira, thanks for the reply...

warts in the face particularly...
    is it possible having those on the chest? does it start small or very tiny, does it grow?

thanks again! :handsdown:
    Warts are focal overgrowths of the skin caused by local infection with the wart virus, a subtype of the papilloma virus. Since the wart is a viral infection, it will go away spontaneously in time with no treatment. This usually takes 2-5 years except for the plantar warts which usually take 5-15 years to go away. It can grow anywhere, and enlarge. The warts disappear after your body has built up sufficient immunity to them. The treatment of warts involves cutting, laser, cautery, freezing with liquid nitrogen, or using chemicals such as acids or formalin to injure the skin cells in which the wart virus is residing. With facial warts, it's generally best to cauterize it or zap it with lasers, because using chemicals might injure and scar surrounding normal tissue.
  • bowen21bowen21 Member PExer
    ....i've got a patch of warts that was operated on dumadami na kasi they removed it but had to operate on it i had 13 stitches on my arm plus another one above it 7 stitches. There is also another one growing and i also want to remove and small ones also. I don't want them to be operated on again magmukha ng frankenstein yung braso ko. The doctor said there are only two ways to remove this one is to burn it which was done before but it just came back. The other one was to operate on it. Meron pa bang ibang paraan para matanggal tong mga to?
    ....And another thing ano nga pala ang the best na ilagay para d mag leave ng scars sa mga wounds? D ata effective Sebo de Macho.
    If they are extensive, I'm afraid that the only ways to treat warts would be through liquid nitrogen (freezing them off), burning them off through cautery, cutting them off, or zapping them with laser. The last 3 methods may leave a scar. Compounds like Wart Off! are only effective if the warts are really small. I think you should hie off to your doctor to have it checked immediately to see if you can do away with surgery. Your warts may not yet be extensive enough for surgery to be warranted. Don't wait for it to grow bigger.

If you don't want surgery done, then by all means tell your doctor about it. It's your right to choose what treatment you want. You can just have it cauterized or freezed off, and if it ever recurs, you can just have it done over again. If your doctor insists on surgery, get a second opinion.

There's nothing you can put that will eliminate surgical scars, and especially not sebo de macho. The scars will fade with time and will be minimal, especially if the stitches are well-done. It will, however, take years.
  • bowen21bowen21 Member PExer
    Thanx doc. Guess, i just have to ask out if they have liquid nitrogen first.
  • geekheadgeekhead El Kapitan PExer
    doc how do you treat warts? i'm not sure if it's warts but it' looks watery but actually it isnt. It's like a pimple without the whitehead. Its right below the belly. Any oinment and stuffs? thanks!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file