COMMUNITY NOTICE: If you are having trouble in your account access, please do send us a message at [email protected] for assistance.

Have you been to Bali?

Any idea to where we can stay in Bali? (Lowest price)
Any notable places to visit?
Anyone been there? Please kindly share your trip to Bali

Comments

• TravelBugTravelBug Sakay Na! PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    What's your price range? Though not updated you may still get a few tips here:

Visit Bali
  • housingloans12housingloans12 Member PExer
    Anything less than US$ 25, but if not feasible US$ 25 to 30 will do.

TravelBug, is that your page in virtualtourist? You know, Im trying to find a good beach picture in Bali wherein there is white sand.
    Thanks it is very usefull.
    Yes, it is my VT page. The sand in Bali isn't white. They call it "golden" for some reason but it's actually light brown. Check this link for hotel rooms. Rooms start at $16 a night:

http://www.voyagenow.com/

By the way, malakas ang waves sa beach so you won't really enjoy swimming in there unless you surf. Overall, okay naman ang Bali. I enjoyed everything about it.
    You'll find beach pics here:

http://www.pbase.com/roadkill/bali
    Thanks Travelbug!
  • LordVideoGameLordVideoGame Member PExer
    Here's some more pics of Bali if you are still interested housingloans12

http://www.thewallpapers.org/world_cities/bali.php
  • maysapawmaysapaw wanderer Australian Open 2020 Participant 🎾
    Been to Bali twice but havent seen Tanah Lot....:(

the first time i was there it was close...the second time, it was on a business trip at yung mga kasama ko preferred shopping over going to that place....ayaw yata akong papuntahin ng mga gods nila dun :)

if you are staying for over a month, you can rent a room...which is a lot cheaper than hotels...but im not sure kung ano ang maintenance nun...and baka walang aircon yun...

if you want some culture, you can go to ubud...maraming paintings dun and the sights going to and from are nice (yung tour guide kasi namin eh gumamit ng magkaibang routes papunta at pabalik ng kuta).

if you are after the beach and nightlife, kuta is the place for you...while nusa dua is for the rich at walang magawa sa pera na mga tao - its pure relaxation though...while benoa is an upcoming place (other side sya ng kuta) - had my first try of para-sailing there.
    Hi Maysapaw,

How much is the para sailing, what to try it sometimes.

Thanks
  • Phil_EaglePhil_Eagle Member PExer
    Has anybody here been to Bali? What flight did you take? How much was the rate and how long was the flight?

Thanks so much!
    Here's another thread on Bali:

http://www.pinoyexchange.com/forums/showthread.php?t=214213

You have three options to get there. The fastest is via Singapore Airlines and the trip will take around 7.5 hours including the layover in Singapore. Depending on the season airfare alone would be around $400.

Cathay Pacific also offers flights to Denpasar. Again, may layover sa Hong Kong. Flight time would be around 8 hours. Halos pareho lang ang fare but Singapore Airlines can take you to Denpasar a little faster.

The third option is via Malaysia Airlines but this is also the most expensive and would be the longest trip. There is no immediate connecting flight from Kuala Lumpur. You must stay there overnight both ways and of course incur extra expenses on the hotel plus the transpo going from and to the airport.

Try this website for Bali Hotels. Rates start at $15 a night:

http://www.asiarooms.com/indonesia/bali.html
    Ooops, meron pa palang isa. Via Royal Brunei Airlines pero you have to spend a night in Brunei din. $350 yata ang roundtrip airfare.
    I just remembered, meron nga pala flights from Kuala Lumpur to Denpasar ang Air Asia. If you really, really want to save money on airfare try Air Asia. Your airfare expense will be cut in half.
  • baklitabaklita taas kilay PExer
    Phil_Eagle wrote:
    Has anybody here been to Bali?

Thanks so much!

anong bali?

baliwag?

balik-balik?

di bale na...

aihihihi!!!

baklita

Travelbug, thank you very much.

I'm currently looking at AirAsia (clark-kl-bali-kl-clark). However, since my wife and I will be travelling with our baby, baka mahirapan yung baby kung tuloy-tuloy ang byahe. We might stop in KL for 2 days, then proceed to Bali.

Do you have tips on what we can do there (aside from the Beach activities of course?

Thanks!
  • crazylonelycrazylonely Member PExer
    I suggest you take Cathay Pacific, reasonable fare. layover is fine, it's not too long.
    Hi Phil_Eagle, I've discussed some of them in my VT page. It's not updated but it will give you an idea of things to do. Here is the link again if you want to see my Bali page.
  • maysapawmaysapaw wanderer Australian Open 2020 Participant 🎾
    Phil_Eagle wrote:
    Travelbug, thank you very much.

Do you have tips on what we can do there (aside from the Beach activities of course?

You can rent a van to take you to the usual tourist spots around Bali, mga one day din ang macoconsume mo nun.

you will probably be taken to Tanah Lot (temple in the beach), Ubud (maraming painting dito, though quite pricey), Besaki (temple on top of a mountain (?)/hill).

Bali is also a haven for wood carvings...
    Thank you very much for all your suggestions. We might be taking the Air Asia flight. It's cheaper. 4T roundtrip to KL, then 4T roundtrip to Bali. Then, we will be using our Asia Miles to redeem 4 nights of accomodation at the Sheraton Laguna Nusa Dua. I heard that Nusa Dua beach is the best beach in Bali.

Travelbug, were you the one who referred a driver in Bali in the virtual tourist site? We will devote one full day to explore the other sights.
    ^^^Yep that was me. Nusa Dua is the high-end part of the island and is less chaotic compared to Kuta and Legian. It faces east though so you have to go to the other side if you wanna catch a glimpse of Bali's colorful sunsets.
    Thanks Travelbug (Marvin?).

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file