Home PEx Lifestyle Health and Wellness

URINALYSIS: Please read first post

*Edit : Moderator's note
13. Please do not post your lab results and then ask us to interpret it for you. Please wait for your doctor to explain them to you so that you can also direct other related inquiries to them. Lab results do not mean anything unless it's correlated with a proper patient history and full physical examinatio

I just had urinalysis two days ago (twas a preemployment requirement). Got the results yesterday and I was a bit bothered with the result.

Summary:

Physical Characteristics:
Color: Yellow
Transparency: Clear
Reaction: Acidic
pH: 5.0
Specific Gravity: 1.015

Chemical Test:
Albumin, Sugar, Ketones, Blood in Urine and Urobilinogen: NEGATIVE

Cells:
Pus: 0 - 2 / hpf
Epithelial +

Whats with that pus and epithelial? Do i have UTI or something?

Comments

• Don't worry it's normal.
  • Don't you have a real-life doctor to explain these results to you and who you can go to if you have questions regarding these results?
  • heymikey: i do have your so-called REAL-LIFE DOCTOR.......duhhhhh
  • markpaulmarkpaul PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    normal lang naman ang pus cells mo...no problem at all.
  • hey... can i ask someone to please interpret my urinalysis results? please... like karl_edvard, im a little paranoid.. hehe
    please please please PM me.. =)
  • marblesmarbles PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    The normal value for pus cells in urine is 0-5/hpf. Epithelial cells line your urethra and are regularly sloughed off when you urinate. Your urinalysis is normal.
  • marblesmarbles PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    hey... can i ask someone to please interpret my urinalysis results? please... like karl_edvard, im a little paranoid.. hehe
    please please please PM me.. =)

Pls read Forum Rule #1
  • sori po.. =) di ko nabasa eh.. cge, i'll just post it here...
    Color: Light Yellow
    Transparency: Hazy
    Reaction: 6.5
    Specific Gravity: 1.005
    Albumin: Negative
    Sugar: Negative
    RBC: 0-1/HPF
    Pus Cells: 0-1/HPF
    Bacteria: Few
    Mucus Thread: Rare
    Epithelial Cells: Rare
    Amorphous Urates: Rare

please, paki interpret n lng po.. =) thnks
  • LesLes PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    vanilla_ice, your urinalysis results are perfectly normal.
  • hehehe... thnks po... woohoo! =)
  • I also had a urinalysis (a pre-employment requirement) last Thursday and the following results made me wonder if I should be alarmed or something:

white blood cells - 4 to 7 hpf (some in clumps)
    albumin - trace

the other entries (red blood cells etc.) and the corresponding results of my urinalysis were within the range posted by the two other pexers who posted in this thread earlier so I'm assuming mine are normal as well.

Am I being paranoid or should I see a doctor to determine if there's something wrong with my kidneys? Thanks.
  • Are you a he or a she? How did you collect your urine? To be sure, you can have another urinalysis done (mura lang naman). There's a chance that the results are just due to poor collection techniques, especially if you're female.
  • eyedoc, thanks for replying.

I'm female. The clinical lab (along UN Ave., Manila) I went to for urinalysis gave me a plastic cup where I peed. I also had a urinalysis in a hospital early last year (also for employment purposes) and the results were all normal. Maybe it's better if sa hospital na lang ulit ako magpaurinalysis next time.
  • seeker89 wrote:
    I also had a urinalysis (a pre-employment requirement) last Thursday and the following results made me wonder if I should be alarmed or something:

white blood cells - 4 to 7 hpf (some in clumps)
    albumin - trace

the other entries (red blood cells etc.) and the corresponding results of my urinalysis were within the range posted by the two other pexers who posted in this thread earlier so I'm assuming mine are normal as well.

Am I being paranoid or should I see a doctor to determine if there's something wrong with my kidneys? Thanks.

The 4-7 WBCs/HPF is bothersome particularly in the prsence of clumps. It may indicate urinary tract infection. Are the nitrite and urine leukocyte esterase positive?

If you have your urinalysis repeated, make sure you collect your urine specimen correctly. Cleanse the area around with soap and water, catch your urine mid-stream to reduce contamination with bacteria and cellular debris from the skin on and around the urinary and vaginal openings.
  • i had my urinalysis the other day kasi may viral infection ako and it's one of the requirements. RBC is 8-14/HPF medyo alaraming daw so we had to repeat it. Kinabahan ako, is it because of the viral infection i'm having right now?
  • my urinalysis revealed I have uti kasi pus cell is 4-8, tanong ko lang anong causes nito ...be specific on spinal injured, or fractured spinal kasi ...bigla lang tong sa akin...magpa xray daw ako sabi ng doktor kasi sobrang sakit ng right abdomen ko...sa ibaba ng ribs hanggang likod...pabugso bugso...tapos may sinat at sumasakit din ang neck ko...

naalala ko may tinulak akong mabigat tapos nagbuhat ng mabigat. posible kayang na injured ang spinal ko kaya nagkaron ng uti...first time ko magka uti (single, no bf)

anti-bacterial yung gamot at pain reliever...though worried ako kasi di nman daw ganun kasakit ang uti...kung pain reliever lang ...di magagamot kung may iba pang sakit ako. (for 1 week yung pain reliever), for 3 days lang yung anti bacterial for uti.
  • wandergirl wrote: »
    i had my urinalysis the other day kasi may viral infection ako and it's one of the requirements. RBC is 8-14/HPF medyo alaraming daw so we had to repeat it. Kinabahan ako, is it because of the viral infection i'm having right now?

You have microscopic hematuria--- meaning normal-looking urine that shows blood under microscopic examination. Blood in the urine may come from the kidneys, urinary bladder, the tubes (ureters) connecting the kidneys to the bladder and the tube (urethra) connecting the bladder to the outside. It may be contaminated with blood from from the vagina or lesions around the vaginal area. It may be caused by serious or benign medical condition. As a rule of thumb, any bloody urine, gross or microscopic, needs to be looked into. Granting that you collected your urine properly, you were not menstruating at the time of urine collection, and had no known source of outside bleeding, you should check with your family doctor.

Did your urine show any red blood cell cast? How did it describe the red blood cells in the urine? Did the red blood cells have uniform or different appearance (morphology)? A good urine examination should give you these data.
  • capuccino wrote: »
    my urinalysis revealed I have uti kasi pus cell is 4-8, tanong ko lang anong causes nito ...be specific on spinal injured, or fractured spinal kasi ...bigla lang tong sa akin...magpa xray daw ako sabi ng doktor kasi sobrang sakit ng right abdomen ko...sa ibaba ng ribs hanggang likod...pabugso bugso...tapos may sinat at sumasakit din ang neck ko...

naalala ko may tinulak akong mabigat tapos nagbuhat ng mabigat. posible kayang na injured ang spinal ko kaya nagkaron ng uti...first time ko magka uti (single, no bf)

anti-bacterial yung gamot at pain reliever...though worried ako kasi di nman daw ganun kasakit ang uti...kung pain reliever lang ...di magagamot kung may iba pang sakit ako. (for 1 week yung pain reliever), for 3 days lang yung anti bacterial for uti.

You did not give enough data of your urine examination to make out UTI as definitive cause of your abdominal pain, which you locate on the right upper part of the abdomen just below the ribs and radiating to the back. With very sketchy history and urinalyis findings, here are the possiblities: Gallbladder stones with infection, abdominal muscle wall and back sprain, kidney infection, and liver disease. Have a follow-up with your doctor who prescribed you with the antibiotics and pain medication.
  • ^ I will have a xray exam soon. I did not take pain reliever after two days because the pain stop. But I feel, I always have "sinat" and back ache as well as in the neck. thanks for the advise. will have a follow up check up.
  • ako din po pa interpret

Color: Yelllow
    Transparency: Slightly hazy

Sp. Gravity: 1.025
    pH: 5.00
    Protein: Neg
    Glucose: Neg
    Bilirubin: Neg
    Blood: Neg
    Leucocytes: Neg
    Nitrite: Neg
    Urobilinogen: 0.2 mg/dl