Home PEx Relationships Love - Principles, Practices & Preferences

~A LOVE To Last A LIFETIME~

You've seen different movies 'bout love, had known love at a different angle, may even experienced it at a different level...

...my question is, What is it that is really needed for the love to last a lifetime? What are the ingredients?

Please state your Principles, Practices and Preferences here...THANK YOU! :-)

:ghost:

The Voice of a Hopeless Creature

Comments

• A God-fearing lover... =)
  • Honesty, faith and trust. Love is already a given.
  • acceptance and contentment... love honesty trust etc's already bundled with it... thought humans are never contented owel..
  • trust,respect and communication
  • ...all of the above and "sex"--as in good sex!!!
  • you should be a lovable type of person, because as long as your lovable, your partner wont leave you... trust and faith is next... love is number 1...
  • about ACCEPTANCE:

i think physical acceptance is good, but acceptance of what the person really is, you'll find yourself having a difficult time dealing with those bad habits...which is I think one major indicator of a love ruined. This is because habits steal time that is suppose to be spent more with the loved one or a family...

and i think, one of the most important ingredient is giving up one's old self, the bad habits, changing one's awful attitude for the better, and also one has to do this "In the name of love...!"
  • gasolinegasoline PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    The best persons to ask about love lasting a lifetime are your lolos and lolas. Minsan only death tears them apart. Minsan hindi pa nga. I'm sure they have encountered a lot of problems througout their whole relationship and they got through all of it.

As for me I just realized that what's keeping us together is that we forgive each other. Yung maliliit na bagay na hindi napapatawad ang nakakasira sa relationship.
  • ^^^ yup, problems must be forgiven then just let it pass by, but learn from it and never dwell on it, then start a new beginning...there is so much to be done NOW for the best of the future. ENDURANCE should have a major play in order for the love to survive...and also UNDERSTANDING...ACCEPTANCE, but one must be open for a change to have a HARMONY in the family...VALUES VALUES VALUES should be practiced...yup, a GOD-FEARING relationship...a PATTERN OF RULES should be exercised...and so on and so forthhh...haaay, there is so much to be done in order for the love to last a lifetime... :-)

• I think the key for love to last a lifetime is to realize that there is no assurance whatsoever of love lasting a lifetime...but there is indeed a possibility. If you enter into a relationship, you want it to last...and the fact that you are not sure til when it's gonna last..will empower you to do everything to make it last...open communication, trust, acceptance, faithfulness, and everything else that goes with it...what one should remember is that it is important to cherish what you have now and accept the possibilities of it not staying with u forever..because if we do this, we love like each day were the last...and yet, we do not try to hold it too tight so it wouldn't leave us...coz the fact that we've accepted the probability of losing it, will help us love in a better way...truly, madly, deeply...but not to the point of feeling entrapped. ;)
  • I don't know though I want to find out. experience wise.
  • baklitabaklita PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    sabi ko nga sa mahal ko, " kung talgang mahal mo ko,
    magpapakasal ka sa iba." umiyak sya na prang sanggol.

aihihihi!!!

baklita
  • stillwater wrote:
    You've seen different movies 'bout love, had known love at a different angle, may even experienced it at a different level...

...my question is, What is it that is really needed for the love to last a lifetime? What are the ingredients?

Please state your Principles, Practices and Preferences here...THANK YOU! :-)

there is no secret or ingredients... just be yourself and do your best...

RosaLia
  • ^ yeah, there are no hard and fast rule or formula to make a relationship last! But as long as there is commitment and God is on the center of your relationship, a couple can go through any hardships that may come their way. *okay*
  • God should be the center of your relationship, plus honesty, respect and faithfulness.:)
  • shychic wrote:
    ^ yeah, there are no hard and fast rule or formula to make a relationship last! But as long as there is commitment and God is on the center of your relationship, a couple can go through any hardships that may come their way. *okay*

I don't think your god has nothing to do with "long and lasting" relationship. :lol:
  • ^^ oo nga kase meron iba jan na ang bait nila sa isat isa naghihiwalay parin.
  • Honesty, faithfulness, love, trust, respect, lahat na nga positive attitudes in relation to love importante para tumagal toh...
  • honesty
    faith (in God and with each other)
    respect
    understanding
    a lil' bit of jealousy (can be healthy to your relationship)
    space (away from each other ..sometimes kasi you need it)
    acceptance
    love
    supportive (walang compitensya be happy when something great happened to your partner)
    time (for each other , for your family)
    communication & learn to listen
    trust
    forgiveness
    laughter / happiness

:)