Home PEx Local Entertainment Showbiz - General
Tip: Value your mental health. Put that annoying PExer on your ignore list.

SkyCable Concerns (Cable TV)

Comments

• JohnstonJohnston PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    skycable prepaid?! what's this scratch the card katulad ng prepaid sa cel then input the codes

More updates soon.
  • BattosaiBattosai PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    skycable prepaid?! what's this scratch the card katulad ng prepaid sa cel then input the codes

Aba, hahaha. Tignan mo nga naman. Ano yan, pag nanonood ka tapos naubos load mo mabibitin ka sa pinapanood mo? :rotflmao:

dierck-man_lrg.jpg

kenshin_01.gif
    "Next time it will be your head that flies." - Hitokiri Battosai
    SkyCable Platinum, now partly available in Metro Manila! *okay*

We offer 2 packages: Metro Package and HBO Package.

Metro Package - 20 additional channels which include Fox News, CNN Headline News, CNBC, A1, Playhouse Disney, Discovery Science, Discovery Travel and Living, Discovery Health, Star Plus, MGM, among others.

HBO Package - HBO Hits, HBO Signature and HBO Family

Additional monthly fee of PhP350.00 per package, or a bundled price of PhP650.00 added to your basic PhP814.00 SkyCable Gold rate!

Each subscriber will be charged PhP2000.00 refundable deposit for the digital addressable box per TV set.

You may call 631-0000 for more details.

:spinstar:
  • Do I have to get decoders for all Tv's? I only want three tv's to have the platinum service. Dont want to spend 2K for the other tv's.
  • I called to inquire about the service and the CS guy told me that the platinum service will cost 350 per TV. So if you have several tv's its going to cost a bundle. Hmm.
    rickmor >> Yes, you need an addressable box if you want to have the Platinum service. It will cost you PhP1164.00 per TV set, with one Platinum package or PhP1464.00 if you want to get all the Platinum packages plus SkyCable Gold cable subscription.

You will pay a refundable deposit of PhP2000.00 for 1 digital addressable box.
  • I currently have 4 tv's
    Sky Gold = 814 + 608(152x4) = 1422

So if I want one platinum then I will pay
    814 + 608 + 1400(350x4)= 2882

or 1164x4=4656 as in your reply. Do you have to pay for the 814 for each tv?
    Platinum is a good product but kinda expensive if you have a multiple tv household. Any promos?
    rickmor >> So, you have 4 TVs. If you will subscribe to Platinum service, you will pay PhP2000.00 for the refundable addressable box deposit per TV (upfront).

To give you quotation:

PhP814.00 - basic SkyCable Gold rate
    PhP350.00 - for 1 Platinum Pack (PhP650.00 bundled rate for all Platinum packages)

_____

PhP1164.00 = 1st TV with Platinum service

PhP1164 + PhP456.00 (3 TVs without Platinum service) = PhP1620.00 monthly fee for 1 Platinum service and 3 additional outlets

PhP1164.00 x 4 = PhP4656.00 per month for all your TV sets with Platinum service (1 Platinum Pack only)
  • Johnston

I understand charging extra per tv on the extra platinum channels but why charge the 814 pesos for all tv's. You are pricing yourself out of the market. This is why monopolies are bad for consumers.
    rickmor >> Well, that's the company policy for Platinum service. You could subscribe to 1 service and retain your 3 TVs with cable line on regular additional outlet rates.
  • BattosaiBattosai PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    ^ Your company SUCKS. It takes a couple of days pa before you send someone over if a customer has a bad connection. Saka tutal when your crew visits customers, why don't they make occular inspections of nearby cable lines to get rid of illegal connections? Yeech.

kenshin_01.gif
    "I'll try being nicer, if you try being smart." -AmBlvd T-shirt
    Please tune in at Channel 33 for SkyCable Platinum demo.
  • Got the metro pack.

Comments:
    1. Just a tad bit clearer ( had good signal to begin with) I guess it just smoothens out the picture a bit. Some channels are still fuzzy like espn.

2. Converter is lousy - lag in changing channels, prone to freezing, pixelization, sometimes the programs inputed gets erased.

3. In my opinion the service is kinda expensive a for multiple tv household. You should just offer the channels under gold.

Bottomline neither here nor there.
  • bluetheherobluethehero PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Hi Johnston, I have to agree with Battosai when it comes to technical complaints. At home, we experienced two incidents of a 10-day cable interruption. Whenever there is some sort of area/community cable repair, the waiting hours is 72 hours from the report before the engineering team respond. Take note, the 72 hours is just the responding part, but the actual repairs take more than one week.

About the SkyCable Platinum pricing, will it be just possible if employees/executives like you suggest to the company to have this pricing:

1164 = SkyCable Platinum bundled
    + 152 per additional tv set
    + 650 per tv on the additional bundles

so that we won't have to pay the basic rate?
  • Pricing proposal of bluethehero seems fair. Another suggestion - please get a better cable box. This korean made box is not good at all.
    bluethehero >> The actual responding time actually for an isolated problem (e.g. neighbor tapped the line, a truck passed by and eventually line was cut, sagging cable or the like) would be maximum of 48 hours. For major problems like rampant illegal connections, low signal level, etc. the responding time would be beyond the 2-day window period.

For area-wide problem, (busted fuse, power supply, fiber optics, signal re-alignment), minor problem would be fixed in 4 hours and 8 hours maximum maintainance for area-wide major problems.
    bluethehero and rickmor >> Other employees/executives of SkyCable actually visit this site to get customer's feedback. Your suggestions will highly be considered. :)
  • bluetheherobluethehero PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Johnston PAKIUSAP LANG: please refrain from inserting your Sky Cable plug sa opening credits or closing credits ng programs nyo, esp sa mga Programs ng TOONAMI sa Cartoon network. Ilang beses na kasi nangyari na sa haba ng pinagsamang ad ng zpdee at skycable platinum e pati ung unang part ng Pokemon nadadamay. [meaning lampas na sa opening credits ang nilamon ng commercial]

pls just place ur ads sa mga commercials mismo. tutal ang ads ng cartoon network mostly e ads din about sa programs nila. otherwise, dont advertise na lang, or use scrolling ads.
    bluethehero >> Your suggestion is highly considered.

To all of you guys out there, you may reach the SkyCable Customer hotline by dialing 631-0000. Email your concerns and suggestions to [email protected] :)
  • flUffy_catflUffy_cat PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Buti naman at may ganitong thread pala...:rolleyes:

Hi Johnston!

Ok here is my concern:

Nakakainis yang digital box nyo ah! Eversince kinabit cia sa tv namin, lagi na lang may program interruption! Ang bagal na ngang maglipat ng channel lagi pang "searching for signals" ang lumalabas sa screen, to think na local channel pa lang yun ah! Everytime rin naka-on yung digital box na yan, nagfu-fluctuate cia! Naiinis tuloy mom ko kase bago pa naman yung tv set sa living area namin baka masira lang ng bs na digi box na yan!:lol:

When we tried to complain tru their CUSTOMER SERVICE, sabi nung csr wait daw kami coz magpapadala sila ng tao 24 to 48 hrs. On the second day, dumating nga si Mr. Cable Man, then we told him about the problems. Ginawa nya konting silip sa tv then sa likod ng tv, tapos ginalaw-galaw yung chord and then sabay sabi na "wala namang problem ah?":rolleyes: In short, the problem is still there! Seems na d nga nya alam ginagawa nya eh!:lol:

Kakainis talaga! Buti pa kase yung dati eh! Hindi ba pwedeng per household na lang ang subscription and hindi per TV???:bop:(hindi na tuloy ako makapanood ng HBO sa room ko)

Another funny thing is, yung digital box nila d kuryente rin! So dagdag expenses na naman yan sa *ehem* Meralco bills???:naughty:

Buti na lang tinatapos na lang namin yung month of June, bayad na kase yun eh. After that, lipat na lang kami sa ibang cable service. Sayang lang kase eh, like ko pa naman ang National Geo and Cinema One, esp. kapag feel kong manood ng old movies.

I guess maraming lumipat sa ibang cable service noh? Kase dito lang sa area namin marami na eh.:belat: