[MERGED]Pregnancy Tips and Pregancy Tests

Comments

• hellokitty10684hellokitty10684 Member PExer
    is it true that most, if not all, women ovulate 12-16 days prior to menstruation?

is it probable for a woman with a 38-45 day cycle to ovulate on the 6th day of her cycle? eventhough she USUALLY ovulates on/around the 25th day of her cycle?
  • IraIra Member PEx Rookie ⭐
    I don't really know the exact incidence rate of women ovulating 12-16 days prior to menstruation...to be safe about it, I'd say that a lot of women ovulate around the time, assuming that the menstrual periods are very regular and occur within the 28-33 day range. I posted in this thread the directions on how to track one's ovulation period. Just go through this thread if you want to know about it.

Regarding ovulating on the 6th day, yes, it's very possible.
  • hellokitty10684hellokitty10684 Member PExer
    Originally posted by Ira

Regarding ovulating on the 6th day, yes, it's very possible.

this question might come off as idiotic but i just wanna know if the possibility would be high or low? considering the fact that the woman normally ovulates on/around th 25th day of her cycle.

oh and another question, if she did ovulate on th 6th day of her cycle would that mean she'd get her period approximately 12-16 days after? would that mean that it's still possible to get your period twice in one month (a shorter cycle) eventhough u have a regular 38-45 day cycle?

is it possible to ovulate on, let's say, the 6th day of your cycle and get your period on the 40th day (assuming you have a 39 day cycle)?
    Originally posted by hellokitty10684

this question might come off as idiotic but i just wanna know if the possibility would be high or low? considering the fact that the woman normally ovulates on/around th 25th day of her cycle.

There's only a slim chance, but it's still there.
    oh and another question, if she did ovulate on th 6th day of her cycle would that mean she'd get her period approximately 12-16 days after? would that mean that it's still possible to get your period twice in one month (a shorter cycle) eventhough u have a regular 38-45 day cycle?

She'd usually get her period around 12-16 days before her next expected menstrual period, but in the first place, her situation is not the usual already---her ovulation on the 6th day may have been because she has released 2 mature eggs the previous month (which, while not the usual scenario, still happens), and the cycle gets out of whack. Once the period comes after day 12-16, assuming that everything's normal, the female would most probably go back to her regular 38-45 day cycle. The cycle is pretty complex, and while I wish it's cut-and-dried explanation, it's not. The levels of FSH, LH, stress, and health, among others, affect the menstrual flow. It's not really possible to give you a certain answer.
    is it possible to ovulate on, let's say, the 6th day of your cycle and get your period on the 40th day (assuming you have a 39 day cycle)? [/B]

Again, it depends on several factors affecting your period, but this doesn't sound very plausible.
  • PAOUEEPAOUEE UPDATE MY CEL #: PExer
    1. what if the girl smokes 1-2 cigarettes a day knowing that she has a week or two old fetus? is it already bad for the health of the baby? will it cause deformity as the fetus grows big?

2. about when (weeks/months) should the girl start stop smoking for her to maintain a healthy baby on her womB/?
  • VINCEsanityVINCEsanity Member PExer
    1. what if the girl smokes 1-2 cigarettes a day knowing that she has a week or two old fetus? is it already bad for the health of the baby? will it cause deformity as the fetus grows big?

2. about when (weeks/months) should the girl start stop smoking for her to maintain a healthy baby on her womB/?

kaw ha, butis ka po? joke lang, peace sister :)
    butis ----> nyeeks wrong spelling, buntis pala :) joke lang :D :D
    Originally posted by PAOUEE

The fetus will lack oxygen and will be small.

At the start of pregnancy.
    Originally posted by Ira

The fetus will lack oxygen and will be small.

dr. ira, pls be more precise, ano talaga mangyayari sa baby o sa fetus pag nag-smoke na? pangit ba kalabasan nya pag-pinanganak na o sa health lang ung problema? pls, ung talagang possible outcome pag nag-smoke pa......tnx!:rolleyes:
    sabihin mo dun sa friend mo, she must stop smoking bago pa maadik sya. ok . di ba dr ira tama ako ? nakaka adik yan and its not a good habit!
    Originally posted by PAOUEE

dr. ira, pls be more precise, ano talaga mangyayari sa baby o sa fetus pag nag-smoke na? pangit ba kalabasan nya pag-pinanganak na o sa health lang ung problema? pls, ung talagang possible outcome pag nag-smoke pa......tnx!:rolleyes:

"Health lang"? Maybe it's just me, but I would think that the child's health problems would be a lot more important than whether he is going to come out cute or not.

Anway, as I've said, the child will be small, and that precludes everything that comes with being a too-small neonate, like being sickly. Small-for-gestational-age is the most common and proven effect of smoking mothers. Pregnant smokers also experience more stillbirths, spontaneous abortions, premature births, and giving birth to children with deficiencies in physical growth, learning disabilities and behavioral problems. They may also occassionally produce children with malformations of the central nervous system, digestive system and the heart, and sometimes, a cleft lip/palate.
    Originally posted by Ira

1. Small-for-gestational-age is the most common and proven effect of smoking mothers.

2. Pregnant smokers also experience more stillbirths ,

what does the bolded words mean?

tnx!;)
    Small for gestational age= below average size and weight

Stillbirth= dead at birth.
    galing talga ni doc ira!
  • thin_1thin_1 Member PExer
    will having a flu affect the baby if still in first trimester? kasi i have to drink antibiotics and i don't know if i'm pregnant or not
    It depends on the organism that's causing the flu. Usually, minor infections like the flu will not cause any problems at all (unless it's not really the flu). If you were given amoxycillin, it's safe for pregnant women. If it's not amoxycillin, buy yourself a home pregnancy test kit first before starting with your medication.
    hi doc! i took the test na. and it said negative. but i'm just going to ask if the chemicals of the medicine can some how alter my urine and make the test say negative even if i am positive? or does the test read accurately even if i'm taking anti-biotics?

kasi i started taking my medication before i took the test. my temperature went up so they gave me my medication. i bought the test when i started feeling better its about 2 days after i started to take my antibiotics. is it possible?
    Antibiotics, oral contraceptives, painkillers and other common drugs will not affect the results of pregnancy tests. Only medications containing the hormone hCG can.
    thanks doc! i was hoping you would say that!:)

question: what's a "blood implantation"?
    Blood implantation...? :confused: I have never heard of that.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file