COMMUNITY NOTICE: Please send your reports, concerns and other inquiries to admin "pexer99". This account will handle all community functions for PinoyExchange. You can also email us at [email protected] For category related concerns, you can also send a message to one of our moderators. Check the updated list of moderators here.

[MERGED]Pregnancy Tips and Pregancy Tests

doc ira:

finally, upon your advice, i used a kit already. it registered negative, thank God! are there any factors that may interfere with the result?

kasi, i have never used one before so the night before i used the kit, i opened the sashe' type packaging of the kit. tapos i put it back in its box pero bukas na yung packaging na parang shampoo sashe' or yung ketchup tube ng McDo. for a few hours, about 10 or so, na-expose yun inside the box, which was kept inside a bag of mine.

will that interfere/affect the result of my test? and will one test be enough? how much is the accuracy rate of the pregnancy test kit?

thanks!

btw, i used bio-care (yung pink box) testing kit. i think it may be the only one in the market right now. (bought it in mercury drug)

[This message has been edited by ms praning (edited 06-03-2000).]

Comments

• IraIra Member PExer
    Keeping it in the packaging and placing it in the box for a few hours is not going to harm it. It is highly accurate (>;80%), and since I believe you had your period already, you don't need to retake the pregnancy test. You're not pregnant.
  • ms praningms praning da diva PExer
    doc ira:

i was just making sure na hindi implantation bleeding yung so called "period" ko. kasi i read somewhere na there is such a thing called implantation bleeding, which can be mistaken for a light period. since my period was light, i went to make sure. buti na lang the test turned out negative.

buti na lang hindi affected yung test because binuksan ko yung packaging. i thought kasi maybe factors like air or dust can affect the result. sabagay, the box didn't say naman na "use as soon as opened. results may be affected if exposed."

thanks again doc! :)
    doc ira:

by the way, any info on implantation bleeding? how would u say na i shouldn' retake the test? sure po ba kayo na ok na lahat?

thanks!

by the way, does breast tenderness have something to do with pregnancy? i'm experiencing that but the test registered negative naman. o baka naman paranoid ako?

[This message has been edited by ms praning (edited 06-05-2000).]
  • IraIra Member PExer
    I can say that you're not pregnant because your pregnancy test says so. If you have implantation bleeding, your pregnancy test will say positive. As for retaking the pregnancy test, I'd say that one test is enough. It's up to you if you want to take it again---some people need the assurance of several tests before they relax. And yes, you are being very paranoid. On a personal note, allow me to advice you to abstain first with sex-- you are, I think, too young, and not yet ready to handle the consequences that go with it.
    well, thanks doc ira!

i'm being bothered by my breasts right now. they're itchy, and it seems to be growing bigger (although physically hindi ko nakikita). there are sporadic (momentary) aches. once in a while lang naman ito.

sometimes i'm a little irritable too. aren't these signs of pregnancy?

i haven't had the other signs naman like nausea, morning sickness, always feeling tired, etc...

from this, what can you conclude? i'm starting to think that the test was a fluke. pls help.

• IraIra Member PExer
    My dear, I really don't know what to tell you anymore. We're just going round and round the same questions, and you don't seem to believe me nor the pregnancy test, anyway. :( Please consult an ob-gyne instead and have yourself examined. Maybe it will give you some peace of mind.
    aww, doc ira... i didn't mean to hurt you or not to believe you. it's just that everytime an assurance from you comes, then comes another "symptom". biglang lumalabas na lang to spite your opinion. parang pinaglalaruan ako ng fate.

i'm taking another test on wednesday morning to confirm. after all, dapat naman lumabas na yung katotohanan diba?

i'm just thinking maybe since i'm only 17, baka naman this is something associated with growing into a full woman.

i'd like to apologize again for my kakulitan. didn't mean to hurt you doc ira. crying.gif

thanks again for the patience and the advice.
  • IraIra Member PExer
    Forgotten already. Don't mind whatever you're feeling. Breast tenderness appears during or near menstruation and is not a sure sign of pregnancy. Just take another test if you're still worried.
    tagal pa ng period expectancy ko eh, around june 25-27 pa. but sige, i will take another test to confirm.

thanks!
  • starapplestarapple Member PExer
    hi doc. i just want to ask if i should use a pregnancy kit already. you see, since january, i've had regular periods, usually ranging from 31-38 days per cycle. its been 45 days since i last had my period,and i'm getting worried. should i be?
  • IraIra Member PExer
    If you strongly suspect that you're pregnant, taking a pregnancy test after 45 days of missed menses will already accurately tell you whether you're pregnant or not.
  • starapplestarapple Member PExer
    hi doc ira. its me again. last year, there was a time that i did not have my period for about 50 days. but since january of this year, as i said before, my period came regularly, at 31-38 days per cycle. i just want to know if missing my period for 45 days is still normal. that is, if a person already has a "normal" cycle, but with a history of being irregular should be worried if she misses 45 days.
    also, i just want to ask, if one is pregnant, would there be any symptoms of her condition, even if its only a few weeks?
    another thing, i gained weight this past month. does that have anything to do with my missing my period?
    thanks a lot. i know i'm makulit. and i will follow your advice to abstain from sex.
  • IraIra Member PExer
    Originally posted by starapple:
    i just want to know if missing my period for 45 days is still normal. that is, if a person already has a "normal" cycle, but with a history of being irregular should be worried if she misses 45 days.

When you're young, it's not unsual if your period comes irregularly. It's hard to say whether you should be worried or not, but it may just be "normal" in your case. Consult an ob-gyne if you feel you need to regulate your period.
    would there be any symptoms of her condition, even if its only a few weeks?

Symptoms of early pregnancy are nonspecific; what may hold true for some may not hold true for others. Usual symptoms you hear would be increased sleepiness, weight gain, increased frequency of urination, nausea during mornings---but these are really vague symptoms, and having these does not automatically mean you're pregnant.
    another thing, i gained weight this past month. does that have anything to do with my missing my period?

No.
  • Sophocles^Sophocles^ Member PExer
    Hi Doc, is this urge to eat and eat even when you aren't hungry a sign of being pregnant?
  • IraIra Member PExer
    Dysphagia (wanting to eat) is a nonspecific symptom. It can signify pregnancy, but it can also signify that you're about to get your period, among others. You see this also in diabetics, and in a myriad of other diseases, as well as just a person's way of coping with stress. It is not really a significant symptom in diagnosing pregnancy.
  • Sophocles^Sophocles^ Member PExer
    Thanks Doc. :)
  • QueelaGrlQueelaGrl Member PExer
    Ok.. so here's the situation... my boyfriend and I did it. He used a condom for the first round and 2nd round... he came twice... on the third round.. we decided to NOT use a condom. He wiped his thing dry and then we did it... but he didn't come. We didn't do it too long coz I really got praning and stuff..

So do u think I could get pregnant..?
  • IraIra Member PExer
    You could still get pregnant. Don't ask me about the chances, because I don't have a crystal ball.
  • Mister DeanMister Dean www.GannsDeen.com PExer
    Why am I inggit?
  • QueelaGrlQueelaGrl Member PExer
    Originally posted by Mister Dean:
    Why am I inggit?

Huh? What do u mean by that...? Haven't had any hot and steamy activities for a while? lol.gif

oh yah, Ira, kahit na dry days...?

Gosh, I'm getting so praning! :eek:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file