Home PEx Family and Society Family, Friends and Society

Ano na ba ang karaniwang pinoy teenager ngayon?

hi guys,

i need some help. I'm writing something on filipino adolescents, ages 12-17. My point of reference may have been outdated -- funky teens in the late 80's. could you pls. give me some ideas on what teens are like now, specifically on their views on being pinoy. do they have some idea or inclination to help build our nation? do they volunteer to help? or these things dont bother them at all?

Comments

• hmm. . .better have a survey for that. Or go to Census, they have a study regarding the Filipino Youth, interests, behavior etc. The last study I read was 2004 ata.
  • they are impulsive. go getters or always hungry for adventure.
  • clawed_outclawed_out PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    and attention...
  • my_identitymy_identity PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    ^I concur... hmm, I think most are superficial? Seems only a few really cares. :D
  • a-huh...it seems they're not much different from the teens of long ago, only more self-centered, probably. yeah, i'll check some sources out. thanks a lot for the ideas, guys!
  • Alpha_GreenAlpha_Green PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    mga ***** haha
  • sa nakikita ko sa kapatid ko.........ayaw tumanggap ng paliwanag......sarado ang utak
  • having a 17 yr old sister myself i can say that teens are...

- a bit superficial/materialistic, more adventurous, "wilder"
    - [on being pinoy], their nationality i think is not really an issue to them
    - [nation], they are concerned about the nation but as far as actually helping out/doing something, they still need a little push
  • akala nila sila ang palaging tama.. due to the power of thier freedom of speech.. nagso-sorry lang sila kung may kailangan sila na bagong gimiks with their friends.. saying: " may friends has a new cell phone.. I want to have it too, for emergency!... but that emergency is only for thier own porpuse, like chikahan blues.." Nawa-wala na ang graceful ng mga dating teenagers na contented na sila ng kung ano lang ang kayang ibigay sa kanila ng parents nila noon..

ngayun pag hindi kayang ibigay ng parents nila... they had a guts to spread rumors about thier folks.. saying " may parent is too kill joy.. ayaw akong bilihan ng ganito this.. and ganito that "... that's how i see to the new teenagers na laking Pilipinas... Ayaw papahuli sa mga bagong technology.... they want it authomatically and want it right now!

iiyak na lang sila kung ang father nila working hard in abroad, send it back in the Philippines in the wood box dahil nahulog sa mataas na building na pinagta-trabahuhan.. just to have thier nik-naks to look cool in front of their friends...
  • tinskie wrote:
    having a 17 yr old sister myself i can say that teens are...

- a bit superficial/materialistic, more adventurous, "wilder"
    - [on being pinoy], their nationality i think is not really an issue to them
    - [nation], they are concerned about the nation but as far as actually helping out/doing something, they still need a little push

ME! I'm 13 yrs. old and all the things mentioned above are true.......
  • ^I concur... hmm, I think most are superficial? Seems only a few really cares. :D

Tama, superficial tsaka materialistic. Panay shopping at clubbing at partying...
  • ^^^^^

tama na naman!
  • jologs na mga kabataan ngayon. gimik lang inaatupad.
  • sarili lang nila iniintindi nila, wala silang pakialam sa pamilya man o kapaligiran. priority nila barkada at kung ano ang uso ngayon.
  • Gide0nGide0n PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    yung iba, kabata-bata pa lang... haliparot na! :lol:
  • Gide0n wrote:
    yung iba, kabata-bata pa lang... haliparot na! :lol:

totoo iyang sinabi mo..
  • mapusok, sex, drugs and rock & roll *okay*
  • mapusok

in one word
  • I'll be 17 this August, 2005.

Please don't be too harsh on your comments. You are, after all, talking about teenagers. I know a lot of people who are my age and yes, they are many things that are unpleasant. There are still many adults who have the same flaws and, of course they knew better (only they did worse) than the "kids" they chose not to take to seriously.

Just two days ago, binara ko nang todo yung kapatid kong 34 years old dahil dinamay niya ako sa katangahan at kainitan ng ulo niya. He couldn't say a word after that at talagang siya ang nag-iinitiate na kausapin the following days. So kita niyo na kung sino yung may mali.

I must agree though, I don't like seeing college students from popular univerisities attending rallies during their break time, asking for President Gloria Macapagal Arroyo's resignation. It's really not much of a help.
  • Gerumatori wrote:
    I must agree though, I don't like seeing college students from popular univerisities attending rallies during their break time, asking for President Gloria Macapagal Arroyo's resignation. It's really not much of a help.

what's wrong with voicing your own opinion? last time i checked, this is still a democratic country. and besides, they're doing it during their break time. they're not cutting classes unlike some of the frivolous kids who skip classes to go to gimiks with their S.O.'s or with their barkadas