Home PEx News and Tech Local and Foreign Issues
COMMUNITY NOTICE: If you are having trouble in your account access, please do send us a message at [email protected] for assistance.

let's forgive arroyo

On Target : Let's forgive Arroyo

First posted 11:27pm (Mla time) June 29, 2005
By Ramon Tulfo
Inquirer News Service

PRESIDENT Macapagal-Arroyo's sin is comparable to a player who approached the referee or judge to ask if she was going to win while the scores were still being tallied.

In the case of GMA, she talked to Comelec Commissioner Virgilio Garcillano while the votes were still being counted.

It was an improper, immoral and shameful act. It was unsportsmanlike of her.

But she didn't commit an illegal act. Nowhere in the wiretapped conversation did she try to influence the outcome of the votes. She only asked the Comelec official if her lead over her strongest rival would be affected by provinces where votes still had to be counted.

That was what she apologized for.

Unless the opposition can show proof that she cheated in the presidential elections, let's forgive the woman for that moral lapse.

i somewhat agree with this statement of mon tulfo..
let us forgive the president (for the meantime at least) until she is proven guilty beyond reasonable doubt in the proper court of laws.

Comments

• I'll forgive her if she can disappear from earth.

:lol:
  • silverroof wrote:
    On Target : Let's forgive Arroyo

First posted 11:27pm (Mla time) June 29, 2005
    By Ramon Tulfo
    Inquirer News Service

PRESIDENT Macapagal-Arroyo's sin is comparable to a player who approached the referee or judge to ask if she was going to win while the scores were still being tallied.

In the case of GMA, she talked to Comelec Commissioner Virgilio Garcillano while the votes were still being counted.

It was an improper, immoral and shameful act. It was unsportsmanlike of her.

But she didn't commit an illegal act. Nowhere in the wiretapped conversation did she try to influence the outcome of the votes. She only asked the Comelec official if her lead over her strongest rival would be affected by provinces where votes still had to be counted.

That was what she apologized for.

Unless the opposition can show proof that she cheated in the presidential elections, let's forgive the woman for that moral lapse.

i somewhat agree with this statement of mon tulfo..
    let us forgive the president (for the meantime at least) until she is proven guilty beyond reasonable doubt in the proper court of laws.

diba baliktad sa pilipinas. guilty until proven innocent?????
  • Big ManBig Man PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Tulfo is a paid GMA hack. I expected such a statement from that bootlicker.
  • keyellekeyelle PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Bata ni Mike Arroyo si Tulfo. Nasa payroll ni Jose Pidal.

Forgive Arroyo???

Forgive na rin natin sina Goma,Erap,Juday,Regine,Yap,Marcos,Sanchez pag nag-sorry sila.
  • I believe that tulfo’s statement has substance worth considering than what the leftist and the opposition are advocating in their statements that i have read.
    What tulfo said is true. Siguro maski sinong public figure magsabi ng statement nya sasabihang bata ni gma etc.
    Pano nga kung hindi naman pala nandaya ang presidente..? at kung mapatunayan na hindi nga. You cannot undo the harm it would do to the economy and the morale of the president(who represents our people) once it happens.
    Pano pa tayo makakabangon.
    dito nman magaling ang karamihan ng mga pinoy e. So quick to judge and accuse kahit walang concrete basis.

Tama nga si dlsukid, baliktad sa pilipinas.. Guilty muna until proven innocent
  • Big ManBig Man PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    ^^

Only the blind GMA fans and bootlickers would actually believe that she committed no wrongdoing during the 2004 elections. Buking na buking. Open up your eyes, see GMA for what she is - a corrupt, conniving thief who deserves to be punished under the full extent of the law.
  • AbulugAdventureAbulugAdventure PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Pwede, basta...

Forgiveness with justice!
  • forgive na rin natin lahat ng nasa Bilibid at Correctional, wag na tayong mag-pulis, mag-abogado, etc.. pwede ba, mag-isip-isip kayong mga GMA lunatics, nakakahiya kayo, matakot kayo sa Diyos, utang na loob !!!
  • AbulugAdventureAbulugAdventure PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    I can still remember yung president ng NoKor e guilty sa corruption NoKor forgave him but he still imprisoned for what he did - kelan kaya mangyayari dito sa Pinas yun?
  • We, as a people, should forgive Arroyo. There's no reason why the people should stop whatever good they're doing, just for that reason...

But the law is the law, and nobody can make a mockery of it... She should still be charged and tried, like any normal citizen...

She is being accused of cheating, then she should prove otherwise under oath... If it was you or I, I'm sure we'd be in court by now, right?
  • She should resign first! How could we be assured of a fair trial if she's still in office....the agriculture secretary of GMA resigned so that his case of tax ivasion would be solved without the stains of politics... Arroyo must follows her student's move....Or she tolerated cheating while she was a professor????
  • Of course that's a given... Hence the "like any normal citizen" part of my post...
  • i think saying sorry will not be enough for what she did, or if she reall did cheat.
  • of course not...forgive her as a person, but lay justice on her as a citizen...
  • silverroof wrote:
    "But she didn't commit an illegal act. Nowhere in the wiretapped conversation did she try to influence the outcome of the votes. She only asked the Comelec official if her lead over her strongest rival would be affected by provinces where votes still had to be counted." - Tulfo article
    Tulfo is smoking crack and so are you if you think the contents of the tape can possibly be interpreted as such.

Kayo na lang ang mag-explain kung anong ibig-sabihin ng mga statements na to na nasa tape:

"pipilitin natin [na umabot ng 1M ang lead]"
    "ang ginawa nilang pagpapataas sa inyo ... maayos naman ang pagkakagawa,"

I'm starting to be inclined to believe the things they say about this Tulfo as being a sell-out who has no qualms about inventing things to print.
  • jon_prez wrote:
    "pipilitin natin [na umabot ng 1M ang lead]"
    "ang ginawa nilang pagpapataas sa inyo ... maayos naman ang pagkakagawa,"

grabe, yan pala ang tinatawag na pag guard ng votes no. :grrr:
  • EcKo_01 wrote:
    grabe, yan pala ang tinatawag na pag guard ng votes no. :grrr:

Yup yup yup! Ibang klase na daw ngayon sa panahon ni Arroyo! Ganun na ang pag-protect ng votes...di naman masyadong halata na nandaya....opps, nag protect pala daw ng votes.... :bop:
  • Now I know kung bat atat na ata silang magkaroon ng parliamentary system. siguro they're after to cover up this f*ckin' scandal! tsk tsk tsk... bad people!
    ayaw ko mang isispin pero parang isa-isang karma na ata ang dumadating sa mga sumoporta sa "pandaraya" ni gma eh. look what happened to jdv's daughter, abalos' grand daughter.. i dunno pero sana i'm wrong kasi yaw ko mag-isip ng masama....
  • mykel14mykel14 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    anu ba tlga ung buong sinabi ni arroyo? i mean ung buo nyang statement... di ko kasi napanuod.. :lol: may english and tagalog version ba un?!
  • phone.gifHELLO! GARCI!

I THINK SHE JUST SAVES US FROM ANOTHER INCOMPETENT PRESIDENTIABLE'S
    kngt.gif

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file