Home PEx News and Tech Local and Foreign Issues
COMMUNITY NOTICE: If you are having trouble in your account access, please do send us a message at [email protected] for assistance.

Why no People Power yet??

Have Filipinos finally learned from the failure of People Powere II? Perhaps, Filipinos still think Arroyo is still the greater of many evils??? ...I mean really!!! President Lacson, President Legarda, President Susan... how embarassing!!! I respect those that oppose the president... but please no more of these People Power crap! As much as I disliked Estrada, People Power II didn't do any good for this country... it only opened a can of worms. Lets have respect for the constitution... following the path of PPII... will only lead to more situations like this in the future.

Demand for resignation, recounts, an investigation, impeachment, anything but another people power (let's not degrade the memory of the first EDSA)

Comments

• Yes you're right..but saying that Pres. Lacson, Pres. Legarda and Pres. Roces are embarassing, the MORE EMBARASSING IS PRESIDENT ARROYO.... yung tatlo wala pang ganito kalaking kasalanan sa bansa...di gaya ni Arroyo, ang laki ng kasalanan.... At wag mong silang maliitin dahil pinatunayan na ni Arroyo na kahit anong talino ng presidente e walang hiya pa rin...
  • Emerz21 wrote:
    yung tatlo wala pang ganito kalaking kasalanan sa bansa...di gaya ni Arroyo,

"Wala pang ganito kalaking kasalanan "

just wait!
  • Gide0nGide0n PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    bongnpinoy wrote:
    Have Filipinos finally learned from the failure of People Powere II? Perhaps, Filipinos still think Arroyo is still the greater of many evils??? ...I mean really!!! President Lacson, President Legarda, President Susan... how embarassing!!! I respect those that oppose the president... but please no more of these People Power crap! As much as I disliked Estrada, People Power II didn't do any good for this country... it only opened a can of worms. Lets have respect for the constitution... following the path of PPII... will only lead to more situations like this in the future.

wala pa at siguro wala na... naging presidente lang naman si gloria ng mag PPII, kaya siguradong alam nya ang mga paraan at kasangkapan para magkaroon ng people power. Kaya nga ang sinisigaw ng mga opposition ngayon eh RESIGN!
  • bongnpinoy wrote:
    "Wala pang ganito kalaking kasalanan "

just wait!

Till then, but for now Gloria is the election cheater.

Your imagined-potential election cheaters shouldn't have to pay for what Gloria did in the last election. The people should not penalize the other candidates for Gloria's crime.

EDSA-2 crystal ball in action again to predict bad things from other candidates. Their trick is... if Gloria's bad image cannot be repaired then the other candidates should wallow in the mud with her. Kaya nga meron silang crystal ball predicting future crimes of the other presidential candidates.

The Gloriambino Crime Family Rules!

:D
  • Unless they provide a better alternative, there will be no People Power... At the moment, I don't see anybody who's capable of being president....

Not that I approve of GMA still sitting in Malacanang, but who will replace her? Roces? WTF? Lacson? Dammn, even worse, I think....
  • bongnpinoy wrote:

Demand for resignation, recounts, an investigation, impeachment, anything but another people power (let's not degrade the memory of the first EDSA)

DEGRADE???

HOW DOES ONE DEGRADE A SHAM?!?!?! :confused:
  • ..hmm.. you think wala pang malaking kasalanan.. may mga pinagtatakpan din yan..

we can't afford another people power or another change in the presidency because the economy is just too weak right now..
  • pollywogpollywog PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Kahit sino pa ang umupo, do you think makokontento yang Bayan na yan; Akbayan, LFS, Gabriela at kung anu-ano pa?!

HINDE! Hindi ba't sila din ang nagpa-alis ke Erap?

A leftist is a leftist IS a leftist!
  • knnknn PExer
    bludwid wrote:
    Unless they provide a better alternative, there will be no People Power... At the moment, I don't see anybody who's capable of being president....

Not that I approve of GMA still sitting in Malacanang, but who will replace her? Roces? WTF? Lacson? Dammn, even worse, I think....

Kahit walang Presidentiable ang susunod kay Gloria. She still needs/must to resign coz of what she did. Para na rin ito sa future ng Philippines. Kahiyahiya, Phil. tolerating a cheater/liar as president.
  • ^ kung walang ibang presidentiable, sino ang papalit? magiging banana republic na tayo.. maging tulad ng guam na lang kaya tayo? :D
  • soltera81soltera81 PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Whoever wrote GMA's statement (probably Bunye) deserves applause. Excellent piece of writing, indeed, that not only downplays GMA's guilt but also launches another campaign for people to trust and support her.

Yes, we agree with her statement that we need to CLOSE THIS CHAPTER.. but this chapter can only be closed if she steps down from office and allows the nation to heal and re-build without her getting in the way. SHE HAS BROKEN SO MANY PROMISES AND BEEN INSINCERE SO MANY TIMES THAT SHE CAN NO LONGER REGAIN THE TRUST AND SUPPORT OF MILLIONS OF FILIPINOS.

When is enough enough?

It took nearly three years from the time Ninoy Aquino was assassinated to the time Marcos was driven out of Malacanang. The country was almost bankrupt by then. Let us not allow this woman to bring the Philippines to a similar state because of her stubborn clinging to power. Let us all join hands and press for her resignation.
  • another problem with pinoys is mahilig mambintang ang pinoy.

is it because of abusive corrupt leaders or pinoys are just plain gullible(uto uto). hindi ba inuto na tayo ng americano na labanan ang spanyol at hapon?
  • NO PEOPLE POWER?! bakit?

1. PEOPLE POWER FATIGUE ...sawa na tao sa EDSA

2. AYAW KAY NOLI DE CASTRO!

yun lang yun!
  • pansin ko lang, isang factor din ang weather sa success ng people power. tag ulan ngayon kaya araw araw umuulan. sino bang may gustong magpabasa sa ulan at magkasakit? perfect ang timing nung 2 people power (jan. and feb.) dry season kaya dinumog ng mga tao ang edsa.
  • lacroixlacroix PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Ibalik na lang si Erap. Lintek , yan naman talaga ang gusto nyo eh.
    Eh di masaya na lahat kahit walang laman ang tiyan ng karamihan. :D
  • knnknn PExer
    lacroix wrote:

No to Erap, no to Gloria, no to Susan. Hex hex hex!!!! *peace*
  • lacroix wrote:
    balik na ang mga erap jokes! YEHEY! :lol:

balik na rin ang cronies! MABUHAY!
  • bongnpinoy wrote:

Politics in this country is very personal and well, also very political. When partisans attack each side, they get very personal and attach persons to their causes.

Marcos was ousted because of a demand for return to civil political liberties. Erap was primarily ousted due to moral issues such as jueteng, womanizing, gangsterism and suppression of press freedoms. Gloria is now being pushed out because of cheating.

Each time there are political changes by elections or people power, people are so fixated on names, faces, persons and also moralistic soap opera themes.

Kaya eto, porke't anti-GMA, pro-Erap or pro-FPJ na daw.

Hindi napagtutuunan ng pansin na systemic na ang krisis na gawa ng foreign intervention at ang mga presidente ay tagapagpatupad lang ng krisis... kapag sawa na sa kanya si Uncle Sam, they are allowed to fall as in the case of Erap and Marcos, or told not to run again, such as Cory and Ramos.

In Latin American countries, some people-powered ousters are no longer fueled by moralistic dramas between soap opera bidas and kontrabidas.

Ang usapin na sa kanila ay SAHOD at TRABAHO.

Bumabagsak ang mga rehimen dahil sa talamak na economic crisis at gutom ang nagtutulak sa tao para magrally nang walang humpay at ang mga presidente ay napapalitan ng several times isang taon.

TRADE UNIONS na ang motor ng mga ouster movements at hindi lang mga mababaw na political parties at alliances.

Ang mga dramang Erap-GMA ay nagsisilbing maskara para ang makita lang ng tao ay bangayan lang ito ng mga ruling families na simpleng nag-aagawan lang ng poder, which is actually true, but the family feuds do not fully explain the crisis.

Malapit na ang panahon na wala nang magagawa pa ang mga political parties at pulitiko na itago pa ang crisis sa likod ng mga presidential dramas.

Ang magpapagana na ng political dynamics sa Pilipinas sa malapit nang panahon ay hindi na political causes, kung hindi SOCIAL CAUSES na!

Magiging irrelevant or hindi na masyadong relevant kung mga loyalist pa yan ni Erap, ni GMA, Aquinos, de Venecias, Cojuancos and other "comebacking" families kapag ang mga labor unions na at mga farmers organizations na ang magtutungo sa kalye para paikut-ikutin ang mga sunod-sunod na rehimen na parang revolving door regimes ng Italya at France during their own social crises.

Anyway, sige, ngayon, bangayan ng mga ruling families.

Sa mga darating na panahon, ang mga IMF at World Bank policies na ang magiging obvious na dahilan ng krisis ng mga rehimen. Sa ngayon, nakatago pa lang at hindi pa masyadong pinapatulan ng mga political parties, kasi nakikinabang din sila sa katiting na surplus ng economic policies para maging fuel ng kanilang political machineries.

Anyway, sa inyong mga naka-gets ng drift ng post na ito, I am sure, maiintindihan nyo.

Pero kung hanggang ngayon ay personalistic politics pa din ang nakasanayan ninyo at fixated pa kayo na anti- or pro-this or that politician... oh well, huwag kayong mag-alala, malapit nang mabura ang lahat nang iyan sa radar screen ng utak ng masa, kapag talagang bumulusok na ang hindi maampat na economic crisis at hindi na sumusunod ang SAHOD sa PRESYO ng basic commodities

actually, mas na-gets ng mga squatter na na-iinterview sa TV news when they say NAKU E KAHIT SINO NAMAN ANG IUPO MO DYAN, HINDI NAMAN KAMI NAHAHANGO SA KAHIRAPAN...

o kita niyo, mas may political sense (perhaps political sophistication?) pa ang mga great unwashed grassroots jologs masa na down and out.

:)
  • Darius03Darius03 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Where's the people? Where's the power?
  • empty stomachs = no power

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file