Home PEx Sports NBA

Is Phil Jackson really a good coach?

coz evry1's doubting! jordan didnt win a championshp till jackson was his coach. so did shaq. thats all...

Comments

• bastebaste PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    ,... at the present coaches.... can you name anyone better?

• well dont thnk ne1's bettr!
    Originally posted by baste:
    ,... at the present coaches.... can you name anyone better?

• No, Phil Jackson is not a good coach. He's a great coach. He has extensive knowledge of the game through his playing years with the Knicks in the 70s. He started coaching in the CBA and achieved success at that level before becoming a Bulls assistant under Doug Collins. After Collins was fired, it was Jackson that was able to bring the Bulls over the hump known as the Detroit Pistons and win an NBA title. He's also a great motivator and philosopher who knows how to treat each individual player to do the best that they can do. He's been able to soothe major ego combinations like Jordan/Pippen/Rodman and O'Neal/Bryant to win numerous titles. Seven NBA Championships and selection as one of the Top 10 NBA coaches of all time don't lie.

If you smell what The Rock is cookin! :cool:
  • to win a championship for a team you just coached for the first time is a feat that's hard to repeat. not to mention the 6 championships jackson won for da bulls!
  • batang uliranbatang uliran PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    In my humble opinion, one of the best three pro coaches of all time - together with Auerbach and Riley.
  • yes he is. he can capitalize all the talent he has in his team.
  • Yup! A great coach indeed. Although i might have to question his timing. Not that it's wrong or anything, it's actually great timing. Let's look at the Bulls. Doug Collins did not win one for Chicago. Here comes Jackson. Bulls without Jordan would not win a championship. Bulls without Jackson will eventualy win a championship. Let's look at him on the Lakers bench. Without Shaq and Kobe, Lakers would not win a championship. Without Jackson, Lakers will eventually win a championship.
    What's my point here? Jackson would not sign with anybody else unless it's the lakers. Why? because it is already a championship team waiting to be honed. He's a good coach with a great timing. I wonder what would happen if Jackson coached for Indiana and Larry Bird coached the Lakers. I bet you the result is the same. Lakers wins the championship.
  • no question ;)
  • oo naman ...

ano ba ang sukatan ng magaling na coach?
    e diba kung ilan ang championships na naipanalo mo ... (correct me if i am wrong)

and "lately", siya ang winningest coach!

;););)
  • What makes Phil Jackson such a great coach is that he is able to make the game of his players complement each other. And PJ is such a great motivator. He is able to establish within his players mental toughness. Phil Jackson doesn't only hone their skills but also the mental aspect of his players.

• is it tru daw na b4 evry practice pnapamedit8 nya ang team 4 inner fulfillment n 2 take ne distractions away frm them???
  • yes he is. but i go 4 mike dunleavy of the blazers. favrite ko kse portland e, specially c damon.

• well dunleavy is good! but w/ all d talent his team have, y cant he win a championship?
    Originally posted by pjayhill:
    yes he is. but i go 4 mike dunleavy of the blazers. favrite ko kse portland e, specially c damon.

• PExMan_00PExMan_00 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    He ain't good, he's great!
  • JobyBryant24JobyBryant24 PEx Rookie ⭐
    11 Championships is not good... It is like the best achievement for an NBA coach right? :glee:
  • Kobe's 5 rings and Jordan's 6 rings are enough answers for this.
  • if you think handling the biggest egos of some of the greatest players this game has ever seen, making them accept his zen-basketball ideas, and then turning all of this into championships is not hard enough, then i don't know what else to say.
  • BeerhandBopBeerhandBop PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    he controlled Rodman for one. nuff said.
  • Rudy_FernandezRudy_Fernandez Baller PEx Icon 🎖️🎖️🎖️
    Binuhay ang thread way back 2000 haha. After almost 12 yrs, we all know the answer.
  • Binuhay ang thread way back 2000 haha. After almost 12 yrs, we all know the answer.

the dial up days!