[MERGED] Dermatology 101: All About Skin and Beauty

can anyone recommend a good dermatologist? pls post nalang his/her name, clinic, and how much it cost for a treatment...tnx

Comments

• IraIra Member PEx Rookie ⭐
    Where do you live or study/work, and what are you going to consult a dermatologist for? I know several, but I have to know these infos first to know who is the best dermatologist to recommend.
  • MaicoMaico Member PExer
    Dr. Mariano Ortiz. He's the head of the Department of Dermatology of St. Lukes Medical Center. He's really good, however, his consultation fee is relatively expensive. Mga 350-500 bucks.
  • luya_9luya_9 Member PExer
    ako i need a good dermatologist!!!

i used to be a patient of dr. amelia lazaro medina... kya lng my sked doesn't fit with her clinic hours so i transferred to dr. nimia reyes medeiros... she went now to the states though... and i think she will be staying there for quite sometime.

i have problems with my acne and im wonderin who is a good dermatologist talga...

tnx doc ira...
  • bAbOi_AdMUbAbOi_AdMU Registered User PExer
    well! cousin ko si Nimia and i think she'll be stayin sa US na. i think si Dra. Lonabel Encarnacion yung head ng St. Luke's coz nakita ko sa billboard doon sa St. Luke's! Well, magaling si Dra. Lon tapos masaya pa na doctor! talkative! di aa makakatulog! heheheee! mag-classmate silang dalawa ni Nimia and same room yung clinic nilang dalawa pero different yung style nila sa Acne surgery. dati kay Nimia ako coz cousin ko siya then pumunta siyang states kaya lumipat ako kay Dra. Lon

[This message has been edited by bAbOi_AdMU (edited 05-15-2000).]
  • luya_9luya_9 Member PExer
    baboi_admu!!! tnx... cge i'll try going to dr. encarnacion one of these days... tnx talga!!! =)
  • bAbOi_AdMUbAbOi_AdMU Registered User PExer
    sked ni Dra. Lon Encarnacion is:
    M-W-F 3pm-6pm
    T-TH-S 9am to before lunch
  • moonberrymoonberry basket-weaver PExer
    i was seeing dr.ortiz.. til i heard of dr.lopez-nazal. she's by far the best dermatologist i been to. she's in st.luke's mondays and fridays from 10am till noon.
  • Skin DocSkin Doc Member PExer
    Hi and Hello to all my Kababayans!

I would like to introduce myself. I am a certified dermatologist in the Philippines and a fellow of the Philippine Dermatological Society. I would like to offer my expertise on all your questions, inquiries, etc. on all skin and dermatologic problems. I have noted that the members of this forum are very fortunate to have member doctors to help them with all their medical problems. To Dr. Ira et al, congratulations and job well done! If you will allow me, I would also like to help out in the dermatology side.

With all the fake dermatologists in our country, its hard to know if what they're telling you is right. Well, now you will know. Just send me a message through Pinoy Exhange.

Thanks and God Bless!

"Skin Doc"
  • apple20apple20 Member PExer
    hi doc..

can i ask something?i have skin problem....medyo maitim kasi ako..and yung katawan ko mas maputi kesa sa face ko kaya feeling ko mas maitim ako sa iba kahit na mas maputi yung braso ko sakanila..i just want to have fair skin, [highlight]khit[/highlight] hindi ganon kaputi basta clear tignan yung face ko.but i don't know which products should i use. i'm taking gluthatione from lets face it..hindi ko alam kung effective siya sakin..kasi [highlight]ngaun[/highlight] ko palang ito ginagamit. aside from that, soap lang wla ng iba..ayoko na kasing gumamit ng brands/products na hindi ko alam yung side effects kasi baka magka pimples nanaman ako. kasi before may pimples ako ngaun scars [highlight]nlng[/highlight]..yun din isa kong problem scars from pimples sa t-zone ko mostly. [highlight]pls[/highlight] help me on this.. thanks..
  • Ninja_kidNinja_kid Member PExer
    Finally! welcome to our forums.... and I will waste no more time..... i'll start firing away....

My problem is acne scars and large pores. Im thinking of doing TCA peel as I have undergone a series of microdermabrasion and I felt like it was just giving me temporary results....

Who do you think is the doctor for this .. my acne scars are ice picks although not that plenty the number of it on my face are really noticable.. please give insight...

WELCOME TO PEX! and you just put the quality of our discussion up a notch!..
  • Ninja_kidNinja_kid Member PExer
    haha! mukhang bleak to...
    apple20 wrote: »
    hi doc..

can i ask something?i have skin problem....medyo maitim kasi ako..and yung katawan ko mas maputi kesa sa face ko kaya feeling ko mas maitim ako sa iba kahit na mas maputi yung braso ko sakanila..i just want to have fair skin, [highlight]khit[/highlight] hindi ganon kaputi basta clear tignan yung face ko.but i don't know which products should i use. i'm taking gluthatione from lets face it..hindi ko alam kung effective siya sakin..kasi [highlight]ngaun[/highlight] ko palang ito ginagamit. aside from that, soap lang wla ng iba..ayoko na kasing gumamit ng brands/products na hindi ko alam yung side effects kasi baka magka pimples nanaman ako. kasi before may pimples ako ngaun scars [highlight]nlng[/highlight]..yun din isa kong problem scars from pimples sa t-zone ko mostly. [highlight]pls[/highlight] help me on this.. thanks..

Hi Apple,

Yes you can use glutathione to help lighten your skin. Kailangan mo rin mag sunblock araw-araw para di mag darken ang skin mo sa face. Merong ding mga products na pwede tayong ipahid para mag improve ang scars mo. Yun nga lang, sa mga certified dermatologists mo lamang ito makukuha. If you're interested, you can send me a private message for details.:)
    Ninja_kid wrote: »
    Finally! welcome to our forums.... and I will waste no more time..... i'll start firing away....

My problem is acne scars and large pores. Im thinking of doing TCA peel as I have undergone a series of microdermabrasion and I felt like it was just giving me temporary results....

Who do you think is the doctor for this .. my acne scars are ice picks although not that plenty the number of it on my face are really noticable.. please give insight...

WELCOME TO PEX! and you just put the quality of our discussion up a notch!..

Hi Ninja kid,

First of all, thank you for welcoming me to the forum. I shall try to do my best.

Anyway, acne scars are really difficult to treat. If what you have are really like "ice picks", the best would be dermal fillers, which is then followed by microdermabrasion. Dermal fillers are substances that we inject under the skin to fill in the gaps and lift the depressions. Once the depressions are lifted, the microdermabrasion will be more effective in smoothening it out.

I actually do these procedures at my clinic, and so if you want, just send me a private message.

I hope this helps. :)
  • sakura22sakura22 wandering soul PExer
    Hi, can I still have dermabrasion if I have pimples? Thanks!
  • smilewarriorsmilewarrior Moderator PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Hello Skin Doc. This message is not for you, it's for those Pexers whose posts I've removed from this thread:

Often, when a spammer gets a warning for spamming, what he/she'll do is create several alternicks.

Fortunately, with moderator access, we moderators can actually tell when several alternicks simply belong to one person.

We don't tolerate spam. We don't tolerate TextSpeak either.
  • gabsiegabsie Member PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    hey skin doc! you know what? you're such a blessing! offering your free service here @pex is such a very good news!:bounce2:

:bashful: i have a problem with my scalp actually. it's becoming dry and flaky. i wonder what triggered it. could it be my shampoo?(pantene) or the cold weather/water? what shall i do? what foods, if ever, shall i take or not take?

i believe you could help me.:mecry: thanks and god bless you.
  • unidentifiableunidentifiable Member PExer
    can you recommend a good derma sa sampaloc area?
  • mae_enamae_ena mae PExer
    hi doc gusto ko lang i-consult ang problem ng friend ko. May paraan pa ba na matanggal ang mga peklats sa legs kahit na ito ay matagal na as in mula sa pagkabata pa? Paki explain nga kung ano glutathione at ano ang effect nito?
  • niru_iivniru_iiv Member PExer
    hi doc [highlight] gud [/highlight] day..

problem ko po kasi yung pimples ko..
    last year i started using magic creme [highlight] cguro ung [/highlight] fake na magic creme nagamit ko and at the same time every 3 weeks binibleach ko [highlight] ung [/highlight] hair sa face ko (like sa upper lip)
    after 6 months of using it nagstart ng maggrow yung pimples..at first sa forehead [highlight] lng [/highlight] and then tuloy tuloy na [highlight] un [/highlight] sa cheeks..
    ang laki talaga doc ng mga pimples tapos ang hahapdi..
    i didnt do anything at first kasi never akong nagkapimples..kung meron man paisa-isa ganun..

nagpaderma ako pero no avail naman..he gave me cleanser, anti biotic and different gel..

after some time nawala naman [highlight] ung [/highlight] sa forehead ko..[highlight] ngaun [/highlight] 1 year na since yung breakout at [highlight] nde [/highlight] na rin ako nagpapaconsult..
    ang problem doc is yung sa cheeks ko nde pa rin nawawala..kahit isang gabi [highlight] lng [/highlight] akong magpupuyat, the next day may tutubo na agad :'(
  • gabsiegabsie Member PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    i wonder what happened to the thread starter??? :rolleyes: :bop: :hmm:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file