What is Yeast Infection?

Hi!

I've heard about this often enough but I don't know exactly what it is....what is yeast infection?....what causes it?.....and how is it cured?....

Is it true that married women are the ones prone to yeast infection?....If so does it have anything to do with or is it caused by sexual intercourse?

Please enlighten me on this topic, thank you! :confused:

Comments

• IraIra Member PEx Rookie ⭐
    I assume you mean vaginal yeast infection, and not systemic yeast infection.

Vaginal yeast infection is a fungal infection caused by Candida albicans. Pregnancy (that's why they say married women are prone to this), diabetes, longterm use of antibiotics or steroids, heat, moisture, and occlusive clothing predispose women to this infection. Its symptoms are vaginal itching, redness and swelling, pain during sexual intercourse, and white, cottage cheese-like vaginal discharge. It is cured by treatment with antifungal cream or vaginal suppositories for around 3-7 days.
  • Don HerringtonDon Herrington donalton PExer
    Is a yeast infection an STD? Should the male partner be treated?

Very best always,
    Don
    Cebu City, Philippinnes
    It can also be considered a sexually transmitted disease, and males should be tested if their partners have this.
  • dixiedynamitedixiedynamite Member PExer
    hi doc ira! i just want to ask you if it's possible to get the candida disease even if a person doesn't engage in any sexual activities?
  • popgirlpopgirl work hard, party hard! PExer
    doc, eventually ba nawawala yung yeast infection even without treatment?
    Nope.
  • dixiedynamitedixiedynamite Member PExer
    Originally posted by popgirl
    doc, eventually ba nawawala yung yeast infection even without treatment?

hi! :) i'm not a doctor. pero i read somewhere that if you don't go to the doctor ASAP, may chances na magiging infertile ka.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file