[MERGED] Vitamins and Minerals ( No Selling Please )

we had this wrong notion about what vitamins really do.

i understand that they are suppose to provide addtional vitamins/minerals for our body that we don't normally get in our daily meals.

but when is the right time to take it? durig morning or night time.
nakaka antok kse pag sa umaga.
pag sa gabi naman, para bang late na ang effect nito.

Comments

• rose_gucerose_guce *k i t t y* PExer
    It really depends on how it affects you. Kung inaantok ka sa umaga, then, take it sa gabi. Depende yan sa formulation nung vitamins mo. Meron din naman kasing vitamins na nagiging active naman ang katawan mo. These types are the ones you take in the morning.
  • batang uliranbatang uliran Administrator PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Vitamins should not make you feel sleepy. It should not matter whether you take them in the morning or at bedtime.
  • anghanganghang cool it! PExer
    i attended a forum on vitamins where the speaker was an aussie doctor who had a special interest in vitamins, especially vitamin E.

he suggested taking the B-vitamins and C in the mornings, because these energy-giving vitamins will help you throughout the day.

for vitamin E (squibb) it's best to take them with or after the "fattiest" meal of your day, as vitamin E is a fat-soluble vitamin. "Fat-soluble" basically means it needs some fat (part of your daily diet) to be absorbed by the body. This is as opposed to "water-soluble" vitamins like vitamin C. personnally, i take my squibb after lunch.

if you take iron and calcium supplements, don't take them at the same time as they sort of contra-indicate each other. try taking them at separate mealtimes.

so far, i haven't encountered any research that proves that some vitamins actually make you sleepy. maybe the steps above will help you.

:D
  • JuneBabeJuneBabe Member PExer
    what they do is to make your body energetic and active.
  • cyberredzcyberredz Serendipity PExer
    Originally posted by anghang
    i attended a forum on vitamins where the speaker was an aussie doctor who had a special interest in vitamins, especially vitamin E.

he suggested taking the B-vitamins and C in the mornings, because these energy-giving vitamins will help you throughout the day.

for vitamin E (squibb) it's best to take them with or after the "fattiest" meal of your day, as vitamin E is a fat-soluble vitamin. "Fat-soluble" basically means it needs some fat (part of your daily diet) to be absorbed by the body. This is as opposed to "water-soluble" vitamins like vitamin C. personnally, i take my squibb after lunch.

if you take iron and calcium supplements, don't take them at the same time as they sort of contra-indicate each other. try taking them at separate mealtimes.

so far, i haven't encountered any research that proves that some vitamins actually make you sleepy. maybe the steps above will help you.

:D

hey thanks.

that was very informative.
  • bertaberbertaber ang anda-anda PExer
    saka it's also about, kung kailan mo sya mas maaalala, like taking the contraceptive pill. para di ka maka miss ng intake:)
  • the-manthe-man Member PExer
    Hi Doc. Tatanong ko lang kung mas OK uminom ng multivitamins bago matulog? That way, hindi ko siguro mabilis ie-excrete yung vitamins thru urine because I am asleep, ergo, my body would absorb it more efficiently. Does this make sense?
  • jtanjtan Demon Hunter PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    for maximum absorption go for empty stomach, though i'm not sure if your stomach can take it...

some people can some people can't
  • IraIra Member PExer
    No, it doesn't. You can take multivitamins anytime you want, be it on a full stomach or an empty stomach.
  • Bea19Bea19 Member PExer
    doc, is it normal dat I feel so full whenever I take vitamins, I take kse stresstabs kaya minsan sa tanghali ko sya iniinom para feeling busog ako.
  • IraIra Member PExer
    Multivitamins do not have that side effect. If you're taking water with your pill, it's due to the water. Otherwise, it's psychological.
  • whytewhyte Member PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    They say na its better sa gabi kasi those vitamins esp vit c pag sa umaga madaling idischarge thru urination. pag gabi may time pa raw na maabsorb ng body before ito ilabas.
    but then they give you energy, where and when will you use that energy....

I take my vits after breakfast, though. any clarifications??
  • anghelanghel Mrs. Edward Cullen PExer
    i talked to one respected nutritionist and said na calcium supplement should be taken best in the evening...
  • Bea_Bea_ Member PExer
    An online doctor advised me to take my vitamin Cs night time. According to him:

"Vitamin Cs are water soluble. That means they are not stored in the body; taking in large amounts [or more than is necessary/required/utilized by the body] is merely washed away or goes throught the liver and ultimately ends up in the urine or feces. In large amounts they cause hypervitaminosis which could lead to serious complications. Mega-dosing on vitamins is useless and expensive [not to mention potentially fatal], better spend your money on a banana or an apple. Water-soluble vitamins are best taken with the evening meal; that way they have a chance to circulate in the body and be "strained" for re-use. taking water-soluble vitamins at breakfast merely makes them get washed away with your first visit to the bathroom after breakfast"
  • vp18vp18 Member PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    the thing though is most of us take multivitamins like centrum na halo halo. cheaper and more convinient that taking a seperate vit a from you vit c..... I just take mine in the morning
  • leela1025leela1025 Member PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    What vitamins do you take and how often? :bop:
  • daveMachewsdaveMachews -Player1- PExer
    Siempre yung complete. CENTRUM!!!

once a day lang kasi if you take it every 8 hours sabi ni company doc eh sa urine lang napupunta yung minerals at yung money..
  • noypi21noypi21 Member PExer
    I'm taking Vit E , C and Creatine after work out
  • shonenshonen knife PExer
    spirulina, cod liver oil, daily 6 tablets. vit c = fresh orange juice, vit a= fresh carrot juice 3x a week. calcium =anlene before sleep. plus honey bee daily.

vit e (400iu) & evening primerose tinigil ko ewan ko ba. peanut butter na lang daily.
  • I am taking this multivitamins 1/2 tablet 3-4 times a week... :)

http://www.healthyoptions.com.ph/Products/Vitamins.asp?vit=P646

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file