...............................AIR CANDLE

..............WOW THANX A MILLION IRA!! THAT REALLY HELPED!!

Comments

• DEATHCRAYONDEATHCRAYON ...... PExer
    ...............WELL, SOMETIMES I WOULD LIGHT A CANDLE IN MY ROOM FOR AMBIENCE. AND I DO IT WITH THE A/C ON. IS THIS ACTIVTY SAFE?! MY ROOM AIN'T THAT BIG AND ISN'T IT THAT CANDLES EMIT CARBON DIOXIDE?! I THINK IT'S PRETTY HAZARDOUS TO DO THIS BUT I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW FROM A PROFESSIONAL. THANX
  • IraIra Member PEx Rookie ⭐
    Yes, it is safe. Don't worry about it. The fumes emitted by candles is not enough to kill a mouse, much less a human, in a room bigger than a box--just remember to trim the black part of the wick afterwards.

Be careful not to buy candles which use lead or zinc-lead mixture in their wicks. The lead level may be small, but still may represent a health risk over a long period of time. Not all candles are made with wicks that have metallic cores. The practice is primarily used with candles that are needed to burn longer, such as scented or ceremonial candles. Candles made in China sometimes have lead in their wicks. You can determine if a candle has a lead-core wick by using this simple test: Rub a piece of paper on the tip of an unused/unburnt metal wick. A lead-core wick will leave a gray pencil-like mark, while zinc or tin will not.

The US has a law banning using lead wicks, so they make their wicks using 100% cotton. So to be safe, just buy US-made candles for your room. Wicks made with cotton, paper, zinc, or non-metallic materials are safe.

If you have oxygen circulating in your room (thru an open window or thru your airconditioning unit), and you are careful with using candles, the risk of getting poisoned thru candle fumes is nonexistent.
  • IraIra Member PEx Rookie ⭐
    No problem. Glad to help.
  • batang uliranbatang uliran Administrator PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Just be careful not to burn your room down!
  • DEATHCRAYONDEATHCRAYON ...... PExer
    ..................HEHE I'LL KEEP THAT IN MIND TOO

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file