Home PEx Relationships Love - Stories & Experiences
Ho-Ho-Hope you have a holly jolly holidays, PExers! 🎅

I Asked God

I asked God to take away my pain.
God said, "No, It is not for me to take away, but for you to give it up".

I asked God to make my handicapped child whole.
God said, "No, her spirit was whole, her body was only temporary".

I asked God to grant me patience.
God said, "No, patience is a by-product of tribulations; it isn't granted, it is earned".

I asked God to give me happiness.
God said, "No, I give you blessings. Happiness is up to you".

I asked God to spare me pain.
God said, "No, suffering draws you apart from worldly cares and brings you closer to me".

I asked God to make my spirit grow.
God said, "No, you must grow on your own, but I will prune you to make you fruitful".

I asked for all things that I might enjoy life.
God said, "No, I will give you life so that you may enjoy all things".

I ask God to help me love others, as much as he loves me.
God said, "... Ahhhh, finally you have the idea".

Comments

• 24242424 PExer
    GOD teaches us how to live with life. I dont know how to live with life either, but i think its better this way. We often forget GOD when everything in our life is OK. We only remeber Him when we are in trouble. When we are happy we dont even bother to pray at night. We are not comfortable when we are inside the church every Sunday, because we are thinking of the things that we will do afterwards. And we dont listen to the priest, instead we listen to our freinds stories and often observe other people. We never say thank you to GOD we never really spend time with Him. Our minds is to occupied wth worldy things that we forget Him. Also we forget how to love one another. Why are we in this world anyway? For me its GODs way of getting to know Him, its up to us wether we would acknowledge Him of just ignore Him and think of our own selves.
  • cliche as it may sounds... God, indeed "moves in mysterious ways"...