About Chiropractors

grumpygrumpy Registered User PExer
chiropractic, acupressure, reflexology, whatever. don't let these guys anywhere near your neck, and never substitute a visit to one of them for a real doctor's consultation. ever.

Comments

• BraveheartBraveheart Banned by Admin PExer
    i just wonder how many licensed and genuine chiropractors are there in the philippines. do they have to be medicine grads too? is it safe to go to a chiropractor? i heard horror stories about them kasi. :)

• batang uliranbatang uliran Administrator PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Why would you go to a chiropractor when you can go to a physician?
  • IraIra Member PExer
    LOL, ditto what BU said. :) You can always consult a doctor specializing in Rehabilitation Medicine. Most probably cheaper, too.
  • BraveheartBraveheart Banned by Admin PExer
    so what's wrong with chiropractors? seems that i didn't get the answer. are chiropractors similar to the bogus-ness of the albularyos that you suggest not to go to them?
  • batang uliranbatang uliran Administrator PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    They have neither the training nor the knowledge to deal with the medical problems they are treating. Furthermore, the licensure and accreditation requirements are much easier and are more lax than those for physicians.
  • IraIra Member PExer
    Being a chiropractor is a lazy man's way of trying to become a doctor. You only need 2 years of college courses, then on to chiropractic "medicine". They are called doctors of chiropractic (D.C.), but they are NOT M.D.'s, and in no way are they qualified to diagnose health problems.

It's considered alternative medicine. Chiropractic is a discipline which focuses on promoting correct physical alignment to maintain health. Chiropractors believe that structural problems can cause dysfunction in the nervous system leading to a host of aches, pains and other conditions. Their goal is to realign the body in a way that restores and preserves health, and to accomplish this without drugs or surgery.

Would you want to trust your health with someone who views health that way and who doesn't have the right training?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file