Home PEx Sports NBA

Tim Hardaway to Pacers?

Any comments on this rumor that Tim Hardaway is willing to go to the Pacers for the $2.25 million salary exception. How about Jalen Rose as starting point guard?

Comments

• neth_rowneth_row PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    after losing mark jackson, the pacers are in dire need of a starting PG....best just doesn't fit that role, not just yet.....
  • bastebaste PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    .. yeah sakto si haradaway dun after jackson left... but i don't think pat riley will let that happen... jalen rose pg?? i don't think so.... they tried that when he entered the league in denver but it didn't click... although he was a good pg in college in the nba he is a better small forward
  • nussnuss PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    That would be really fine, but isn't it sakitin si Hardaway?
  • nuss:gimpy knees.

if Hardaway does go to the Pacers look for Best to boot out soon. he stated last season that he was ready for the starting PG role?
  • boy I'm really out of it.. Mark Jackson. gone? why? He was an okay guy I guess. hehehe. Damn. Almost won the last one. Emphasis on "almost" hehehe
  • i don't think that they will give up tim that easy.......
    as for the pacers, they don't need a man at point coz they still have jalen, what they are needing now is an outside shooter that will help Miller.........
    as far as jalen rose is concern, well he maybe not that good at commanding plays but he already have an experience in ball handling when he was still at Denver.....remember that they got in the play-offs, kahit na underrated sila.......
  • Originally posted by zschownhe:
    i don't think that they will give up tim that easy.......
    as for the pacers, they don't need a man at point coz they still have jalen, what they are needing now is an outside shooter that will help Miller.........
    as far as jalen rose is concern, well he maybe not that good at commanding plays but he already have an experience in ball handling when he was still at Denver.....remember that they got in the play-offs, kahit na underrated sila.......

The reason Denver got into the playoffs then wasn't because of Rose's ballhandling skills. In fact Rose came off the bench in his Denver stint and was never a factor until he was traded to Indiana. Mutombo, Ellis, Abdul-Rauf, Stith, and Coach Dan Issel were the main reasons why Denver was a playoff contender. Rose's best experience as a ball-handler was playing the point for the University of Michigan as part of the Fab 5 together with Chris Webber and Juwan Howard.

As for T-Bug, he's certainly lost a lot of speed and consistency due to age and injuries. He looked more muscular last year but his legs just couldn't handle the 82-game season anymore. But since Riley traded away Anthony Carter, The Rock doesn't think he's all set to give up on Timmy right now. Especially now that Eddie Jones and Brian Grant have signed on. thinker.gif
  • Rock: Teka...Riley traded A.Carter? When? I know Carter signed a new contract nga diba? Last I checked with usatoday.com, he signed on for Miami for 1 year, for $1.2 million.

Anyway, Timbug's options were Chicago and Indiana, but I believe he can told to either team. Why even Payton and Abdur-Rahim (his Olympic teammates) are welcoming him to their respective teams. Kung ako sa kanya, I'd go to Indiana coz they'll use him well there, unless of course his gimpy "i can cross-over with my hands tied behind my back" knees get fixed real soon.
  • nussnuss PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Thank you... that was all the information that I need.

Anyway, let's just see what happens. Tagal pa naman ang opening. Dami pang pwedeng mangyari.
  • Originally posted by Mulder12:
    Rock: Teka...Riley traded A.Carter? When? I know Carter signed a new contract nga diba? Last I checked with usatoday.com, he signed on for Miami for 1 year, for $1.2 million.B]

Oo nga no. Teka muna ha, medyo hindi rin ako sigurado eh. Either he's already been traded, he's staying with the Heat, or Carter might be part of the Brian Grant-Shawn Kemp three way deal. Sorry if The Rock's a bit confused. :confused: If it's not Laker news, sometimes The Rock can be quite disinterested. ;)