Home PEx Hobbies Anime and Manga
'Tis the season. Happy Holidays, PExers!

Toonami Naruto

smeagolsmeagol PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
...that is, english dubbed Naruto.

THE LATEST!
  • set to air in September
  • DVD home video release in December of this year, possibly before Christmas
  • technique names will stay true to the original Japanese series such as Kage Bunshin no Jutsu, names of characters (so goodbye Nathan and Sean)
  • there will be cuts, edits, photoshop jobs for sure (for blood and graphic content, hopefully they'll leave the Oiroke (Sexy) no Jutsu alone or at the least, add a bikini)
  • Steve Blum (famous for Spike Spiegel of Cowboy Bebop) = Kakashi, also worked on script changes
  • Vic Mignogna (Edward Elric in Fullmetal Alchemist, Brolly in DBZ) is pursuing a role nobody knows yet
  • produced by Studiopolis Inc., who are also currently working on Zatch Bell for Viz Media

see Cartoon Network preview here

zipped AVI
quicktime MOV

Comments

• smeagol wrote:
    ...that is, english dubbed Naruto.

THE LATEST!
    • set to air in September
    • DVD home video release in December of this year, possibly before Christmas
    • technique names will stay true to the original Japanese series such as Kage Bunshin no Jutsu, names of characters (so goodbye Nathan and Sean)
    • there will be cuts, edits, photoshop jobs for sure (for blood and graphic content, hopefully they'll leave the Oiroke (Sexy) no Jutsu alone or at the least, add a bikini)
    • Steve Blum (famous for Spike Spiegel of Cowboy Bebop) = Kakashi, also worked on script changes
    • Vic Mignogna (Edward Elric in Fullmetal Alchemist, Brolly in DBZ) is pursuing a role nobody knows yet
    • produced by Studiopolis Inc., who are also currently working on Zatch Bell for Viz Media

see Cartoon Network preview here

zipped AVI
    quicktime MOV

I don't know if it is good news or bad news... what do you think?

TV Tokyo, should make this a part of the contract - there should be no censorship in Naruto... it should not be bastardised... Well, I feel that if
    you are going to make any changes to the show, you have taken something
    away from it.

Well, just my opinion... I really hated Toonami's DBZ.
  • smeagolsmeagol PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    laws change once you cross borders, the regulation board of America (and it's America man!) makes sure of that. it's bad i know, that's why i'm looking forward to this but more to the dvd releases not the TV versions because they should remain uncut and unedited on them. i'm still bracing for how the sound/pronunciations will come out but hopeful as well with what looks like to be a stellar cast being prepared.
  • just noticed the trailer of abscbn, its kinda misleading when they said it its season 2 when its actually already in season 3. seen the trailer of naruto at toonami, cool they have the clips of new epis.
  • f.if.i PExer
    will it also be aired here in the phils?
  • smeagol wrote:
    laws change once you cross borders, the regulation board of America (and it's America man!) makes sure of that. it's bad i know, that's why i'm looking forward to this but more to the dvd releases not the TV versions because they should remain uncut and unedited on them. i'm still bracing for how the sound/pronunciations will come out but hopeful as well with what looks like to be a stellar cast being prepared.

yeah I know... that is really too bad.
  • smeagolsmeagol PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    f.i wrote:
    will it also be aired here in the phils?
    we hope so. i think it will, seeing Gundam Seed got to convince them.
  • topnotch97topnotch97 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    it will probably aired in the philippines later...
    Sometimes CN does experimenting a lot. If the ratings are good, then they'll keep it on the time slot. If not then they either pull the plug or moved the timeslot to crappy hours...