Home PEx Business and Careers Pinoy Careers

Lahat Hinggil Sa Pagtutuos

Ian_langpoIan_langpo PExer
edited March 25 in Pinoy Careers #1

Of aLL colleges in the Pilipinas, I think pinaka-GRABEH sa hirap ang De La Salle.

Kayo, trip niyo ba ang accounting sa mga colleges na pinapasukan ninyo???

Comments

• depends. kung pumapasa ok! pero pag hinde, hinde ko sha trip! LOL lol.gif pero sa totoo lang, ayaw ko tlaga sha! :D
  • di ko sya trip ok ang Engineering ehehehe.....
  • Sus, ang hirap ng acctg namin. Two hours yung prelims namin don. D pa nagkasya, walang nakapasok. Buti minor subject lang at 3 units. Yoko ng acctg!!!
  • Well, I love Accounting. It's my most loved subject, ever! You only have to know the four fundamental operations to succeed in it, and of course, common sense. But in my experience, it was made difficult by the fact that we had to learn everything in Financial Accounting in two semesters only. One accounting subject per sem(3 units each). My teacher who happens to be a CPA admitted it that she is impressed by Ateneans simply because Ateneans can learn what other students can in such a short span of time. And not to mention the fact that we've been using that textbook authored by Fred Skousen (I believe, La Salle accounting majors are familiar with him), and the exercises in that book are soooooooo and excitingly difficult. 'neways, I still love Dr. Venus Ibarra and Ms. Marilyn Uy, they're the best!!!!
  • AKO! OO!

i actually find accounting fun. i'm a freshman at DLSU-manila. i have ACCOM1A right now and even if basics lang siya, its kinda confusing.

nakakatakot nga eh kasi mataas ang standards ng la salle when it comes to accounting. CBE pa naman ako so accounting kaagad kami itong first term na 'to.

• I'm a Math major, but I abhor Accounting.
  • mark_markmark_mark PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    ibarra bop.gif
  • Originally posted by ben cabigas:
    AKO! OO!

i actually find accounting fun. i'm a freshman at DLSU-manila. i have ACCOM1A right now and even if basics lang siya, its kinda confusing.

nakakatakot nga eh kasi mataas ang standards ng la salle when it comes to accounting. CBE pa naman ako so accounting kaagad kami itong first term na 'to.

WELL, for your information, i'm a Lasallian
    ACCOM1A is almost the same as our ACTONEA also known as Accounting One A.

(the difference is, Mas Complicated at super tricky!!!)

• BadGiRLBadGiRL PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Lemme put it this way......

I have to like it.
  • Originally posted by ben cabigas:
    AKO! OO!

Oh my God! Just wait till you get to ACCOM1B my friend, then I'm sure you will see how difficult it is to take Accounting in De La Salle University. And the more you should be afraid if your block is handled by one of those terror professors like Velasco, Bernados, Godoy, or Calanog. Please don't speak too soon my friend. Freshman ka pa naman. Ang dami mo pang bigas na kakainin, so to speak. Judge your Accounting subjects pag natapos mo na yung ACCOM2B. No offense man.

ANIMO LA SALLE!!!

• Please, dont be discouraged guys! were just starting okay????

Isipin niyo na lang na para lang tayo nagsusuot ng karayom. tipong kekelanganin ng APAT NA TAON PARA MAISUOT MO YUN!!! Just joking

ANIMO LA SALLE!!!

p.s. hoy hinde terror si Ms. Maria Teresa Godoy! super bait nun! MAHIRAP LANG TALAGA ANG ACCOUNTING

[This message has been edited by Ian_langpo (edited 08-20-2000).]
  • BadGiRLBadGiRL PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Originally posted by Ian_langpo:

p.s. hoy hinde terror si Ms. Maria Teresa Godoy! super bait nun! MAHIRAP LANG TALAGA ANG ACCOUNTING

how true.

• Ugh Accounting. :o Kelangan katabi ko lagi yung teacher para makapasa. bleh.gif
  • Originally posted by BadGiRL:
    how true.

Hello!! MASYADO LANG YUNG SENSITIVE at EASILY AFFECTED.

Kahit nga ano, pwede mo itanong dun, kahit nga performance mo (CLASS STANDING), sasagutin niya eh. Sigeh nga, see kung GINAGAWA YUN NG IBANG TEACHERS.

As of now, ACTONEA pa lang ang tine-take ko, and i think she is really the best.

• accounting??? hindi ko sya trip. mas trip ko ang philosophy coz you are really obliged to think and to comprehend what is there and what is not there. it means to say that we should know how to read between the lines in order to understand what is going on. it enables one to go beyong his being; that he is able to give meaning to his life as a limited or imperfect human being.
  • archerguyarcherguy PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    At first, yes I really cursed accounting after getting a 1.0 from Elsie Velasco of DLSU (bwisit talaga siya!) in our ACTONEA class way back in 95. I didn't have any acctg background then. And then during our ACTONEB under Mrs. Manaligod, I suddenly got a 4.0 in our first quiz, which was a review of ACTONEA; I realized that in order to really pass or have a high acctg grade, all you need to do is study real HARD! Then my grade improved to 2.0(ACTONEB), then 3.0(ACTTWOA) under Ms. Nimpha Aquino. Though I only got a 1.5 in our Financial Accounting class from the notorius Mr. Pineda (nandiyan pa ba siya?), I nevertheless felt that accounting is really an interesting subject.
    Now that I'm taking up my graduate studies I could say that my knowledge in accounting and finance really helps alot in suriviving our courses.

• Originally posted by filiusdei:
    accounting??? hindi ko sya trip. mas trip ko ang philosophy coz you are really obliged to think and to comprehend what is there and what is not there. it means to say that we should know how to read between the lines in order to understand what is going on. it enables one to go beyong his being; that he is able to give meaning to his life as a limited or imperfect human being.

I think Accounting ALSO OBLIGED U to think as well, kaya nga CRITICAL-THINKING is one factor di ba?

Well, Philosophy is more of a RELIGIOUS side rather than giving Critical points.
  • ben cabigas AKO! OO!

Right you are my friend, mataas nga ang standards ng DLSU. I've taken ACTONEA from one of the most feared teachers in CBE, whoelse but Ms. Calanog herself. That was one of my most traumatic experiences when I stepped onto DLSU, kasi, she's the type who won't adjust to you, instead, you would have to adjust to her style. Well, in our case, medyo naasar lang siguro si Ms. Calanog sa amin since we were freshmen then and that, I guess, was the first time she handled FRESHMEN. Oh, the very word makes her blood temperature rise above the temperature scales. She also became my teacher in ACTTWOA. Boy, akala namin madali na lang, pero SHE NEVER FAILS TO AMAZE you! 'Yun lang. Well, if this sounds scary, it really is. But once you get used to her teaching style, hahanap-hanapin mo siya when you leave DLSU cause she's one of those teachers who brings out the best in every student. GALING!

Chaser
    Dinaanan mo rin si Ms. Calanog and Gudoy?! Wow, lucky you. Hindi pa ako nag-aACTFIN but I'm looking forward to the experience. Since I've been through Calanog twice already, what am I to be afraid of, right? Or do I have the wrong attitude? Neways, God bless us all Accounting Majors cause we'll need all the luck and help we could get.

PEACE!
    :);):)
  • IAN_LANGPO

Sino ka ba talaga? You are from Marist right? And now, you are a froshie? Hmmm... Let me think of Froshie Maristians na taga CBE. Hmmm...
  • MOON: Yes i'm from Marist. IAN is my nickname (biologically ha! hindi nick sa E-mail or whatever)