Home PEx International Entertainment International Movies

Madagascar

sooo disappointed!!!!!

not really what i expected.. and that ending just bugs my head!!!!!!!
sobrang bitin.. waaahhhhhhh!!!!!

Rate This Movie 13 votes

:D :D :D :D :D [b]Da Bomb![/b]
23% 3 votes
:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: [b]Aprub[/b]
23% 3 votes
:) :) :) [b]Okay Lang[/b]
46% 6 votes
:bigyawn: :bigyawn: [b]Di Ko Type[/b]
0% 0 votes
:ayaw: [b]Ayaw Talaga![/b]
7% 1 vote

Comments

• ay ganon? i wanna watch this pa naman.
    di na nga lang ako mag-e-expect. :shakehead:

Tongue.gif
  • thescenethescene PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Well it's in a tough battle for the top spot at the US box office.

Friday Boxoffice estimates:

1. Longest Yard - $15.75M
    2. Revenge of the sith - $15.47M
    3. Madagscar- $14.03M
  • I came in expecting to have a good laugh. It was only mildly entertaining. But entertaining, nonetheless. Of course, those who haven't seen this movie have been primed by my wonderful review. :D
  • jdlcjdlc PExer
    I was trying so hard to enjoy this movie.

Meh!
  • yapinyapin PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Ganun? Hay naku. I'll just wait for it to come on video.
  • mac_bolan00mac_bolan00 PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    it was our baby's first movie.

I like to movit-movit!
    I like to movit-movit!
  • I was forced to watch this by my kids. Ugh. Where were the people behind Shrek?
  • rationalrational PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Shrek and Shrek 2 were better but it's a worthwhile Staurday afternoon movie with the kids. They loved it.

Would any of you know if the soundtrack is out? That lemur song is great!
  • zchendevlemhzchendevlemh PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    uhm.... lots of not so good reviews in here
    i intend to watch this pa naman sa sunday..... :(
  • jdlcjdlc PExer
    uhm.... lots of not so good reviews in here
    i intend to watch this pa naman sa sunday..... :(

Actually there's not much of reviews that can be found here. More like brief reactions to the movie :D.

If you're planning to take the kids with you, I'm sure they will enjoy it but unlike MOST Pixar and SOME Dreamworks offerings where adults can enjoy too, this falls short.

It does have a mildly funny American Beauty spoof though.
  • mac_bolan00mac_bolan00 PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    i thought the penguin mob was very funny. and chris rock is an heir apparent to eddie murphy.

but what i found unsettling was their shift to a natural theme for wildlife. didn't you find that predator sequence (snake, hawk, giant crocodile) just a little thick for kids?

and the 'wilding' effect on alex the lion was definitely adult stuff.
  • jdlcjdlc PExer
    i thought the penguin mob was very funny. and chris rock is an heir apparent to eddie murphy.

The penguin mob is akin to Scrat from "Ice Age". I would rather have seen an entire movie dedicated to them. Missed opportunity really. Ironic considering the penquins were voiced by the writers.

"Well this SUCKS!"
  • crybabymakicrybabymaki PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    the movie was decent enough, but pixar set the bars so high with nemo and the incredibles that movies like this seem second-rate. i still liked it though.

:heart:
  • oh my god!!!! i liked this so much more than the incredibles!!! so funny!!! new york giants! (doesnt anyway watch football), freaks, the lemur song, the commando penguins! how can anyone not find this funny??? better than house of wax!!!!!
  • rationalrational PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Here's something... I talked to the kids yesterday and they said that they liked it better than Shrek. I guess this is the real difference. Shrek has more stuff for adults (say, 50-50) while Madagascar is more of a kids movie (about 80-20, favoring the kids).

This may be why many here didn't like it. If you're a kid (or a kid at heart), you'll probably like Madagascar.
  • I wachd the movie last saturday and i had great fun..super saya ng movie..kahit na pambata sya..I would say much better sya sa Shrek! :)
  • Just saw the movie and I wouldn't say that it's bad. It had its moments and the best parts were definitely those involving the Penguins and Melman. It was a decent movie and it's entertaining in its own right. A lot of the humor is slapstick and therfore geared towards the kiddies but there were snappy one-liners or moments that could help the more mature audiences enjoy as well. If I had any gripe with the movie, it would be on two aspects:

One, it was somewhat predictable. I could see a lot of the plot changes coming from a mile away. Two, it ran out of steam when they got to the titular island. From the Grand Central Station scene to their arrival at the beach, the laughs came and they came hard. After that, the laughs turned to lukewarm chuckles with the only bright spots coming from those Penguins whom I just love to death.

It's good but it's not great. By no means is it horrible. I don't think it beats Shrek which had more charm, creativity and unpredictability.
  • Additionally, I wish there were more scenes with those monkeys who were great to watch as well.
  • I have to agree with some of the reactions. I expected it to be funnier and cuter and just overall better than what I thought of it. I didn't like the ending either. But maybe I was expecting too much from a kids' film. I loved the lemur song and I loved the penguins, but otherwise it was just ok for me. *palmtree*
  • A lot of people probably didn't get the Twilight Zone (or was it some other horror show/flick?) spoof...

"It's a cook book! It's a cook book!"

and they didn't use Cedric the Entertainer's talents quite well too...

still, it has some really memorable moments, (the Foosa's adding a dash of salt and pepper, the big eyed uber cuddly lemur, the King of the Lemur's doing the robot and well, everything he did actually, and the demonic penguins)