Home PEx International Entertainment International TV

Family Guy cartoon- any local fans around?

has anybody here seen the cartoon Family Guy? its basically a good alternative to Simpsons. check out the official site at http://familyguy.com/ for some info. if ya ask me, I prefer this one than Futurama.

speaking of which, are the dvd box sets also of FG available locally? as in 'y-knw-where'?

Comments

• paganpagan PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Family Guy rocks my world! it's so unapologetically politically incorrect. it attacks everyone from politicians, the disabled, the elderly, women, Blacks and Asians and Latinos, everyone! nobody's safe from Seth MacFarlane and his band of writers. it's childish but i definitely would not watch this with young kids. Stewie is one disturbing character! :lol: he's awesome. Peter is a fat, stupid chump who never fails to crack me up. the back characters -- Quagmire the pervert, Cleveland the effeminate Af-Am, Joe the wheelchair-bound, but virile next-door-neighbor, Trisha Takinawa the Asian reporter -- love 'em all!

it was cancelled after season 3(or was it 4?) but after strong dvd sales, Fox decided to give it another shot. thank god for that!

:handsdown:
  • Ditto...

well its available locally on JACK TV!!

this cartoon rocks...
  • Jack TV?

what about dvds in Q? meron b?
  • does the family actually hear stewie?
  • It's great. :D

I wonder how long it'll stay on the air. hehe
  • pagan wrote:
    Family Guy rocks my world! it's so unapologetically politically incorrect. it attacks everyone from politicians, the disabled, the elderly, women, Blacks and Asians and Latinos, everyone! nobody's safe from Seth MacFarlane and his band of writers. it's childish but i definitely would not watch this with young kids. Stewie is one disturbing character! :lol: he's awesome. Peter is a fat, stupid chump who never fails to crack me up. the back characters -- Quagmire the pervert, Cleveland the effeminate Af-Am, Joe the wheelchair-bound, but virile next-door-neighbor, Trisha Takinawa the Asian reporter -- love 'em all!

it was cancelled after season 3(or was it 4?) but after strong dvd sales, Fox decided to give it another shot. thank god for that!

:handsdown:

Absolutely...while StarWorld still airs repeats of The Simpsons, I can find sweet relief in the whacked-out Griffin household in Quahog, R.I.

2 questions....

1) Ever notice how Stewie (with his mock-British accent) sounds like #1 from Codename:Kids Next Door?

2) What's the name of the dog (who somehow serves as Peter's conscience)?

I love this show.....
  • NOKiENOKiE PExer
    The dog's name is Brian.

I love this show. The reruns never gets old.
  • I love Stewie (sp?) the baby. lol.
    does the family actually hear stewie?
    Brian can hear him. i know Lois and Peter can't hear Stewie. Meg and Chris, i'm not so sure.

btw, Seth McFarlane voices Peter, Brian, Stewie, Quagmire, and a host of other guest characters. this guy's one talented SOB.
    post lang ako ng FG quotes. enjoy!

Chris: Dad, what's the blow-hole for?
    Peter: I'll tell you what it's not for, son. And when I do, you'll understand why I can never go back to Sea World.

Meg: I just want to kill myself. I'm gonna go upstairs and eat a whole bowl of peanuts.
    (Lois and Peter stare in silence)
    Meg: I'm allergic to peanuts.
    (Peter and Lois keep staring)
    Meg: You dont know anything about me! (runs upstairs)
    Peter: Who was that guy?

Peter (after Lois tells him he's childish): "If I'm a child that means you're a pedophile, and I'll be damned if i'm going stand here and take this from a pervert."

Peter: Excuse me, is your refrigerator running?
    Because if it is, it probably runs like you - very homosexually.

(the first scene from the newest season. panalo!)
    Peter: "Everybody I've got bad news. We've been cancelled."
    Lois: "Oh no Peter! How could they do that?"
    Peter: "Well unfortuantely Lois, there's just no more room on the schedule. We just gotta accept the fact that FOX has to make room for terrific shows like Dark Angel, Titus, Undeclared, Action, That 80's Show, Wonder Falls, Fast Lane, Andy Richter Controls The Universe, Skin, Girl's Club, Cracking Up, The Pitts, Firefly, Get Real, Freaky Links, Wanda At Large, Costello, The Lone Gunman, A Minute with Stan Hooper, Normal Ohio, Pasadena, Harsh Realm, Keen Eddy, The Street, American Embassy, Cedric The Entertainer, The Tick, Louie, And Greg The Bunny...."
    Lois: "Is there no hope?"
    Peter: "Well I suppose if ALL those shows go down the tubes we might have a shot." :lol:
  • Has anyone seen the "American Dad!" cartoon?? From the same creators of this show... one funny show, too. But of course, "The Simpsons" is still no. 1, for me..

Is the dog in this show gay?? just askin'.. hehe
    ^ hehe, hindi gay si Brian the dog! :lol: i think he even had a "thing" for Lois in one episode.
    funniest songs in Family guy:

a bunch of people from Quahog won a tour of a brewery.

Joe the cripple: where's the wheelchair ramp?
    owner: oh, we don't have one. i guess this is where you get off. (blows a whistle)
    a bunch of little men that look like leprechauns appear and start to ceremoniously "serenade" Joe with this song:

chumba wumba gobbledy goo
    life isn't fair
    it's sad but it's true
    chumba wumba gobbledy gee
    when your poor legs are stiff as a tree

what do you do when you're stuck in a chair?
    finding it hard to go up and down stairs
    what do you think of the one you call God?
    isn't his absence slightly odd?
    maybe he's forgotten you...

chumba wumba gobbledy gorsh
    count yourself lucky you're not a horse
    they will turn you into dog food
    or to chumba wumba gobbledy glue

gobbledy glue!

:lol:

inside the brewery, the owner shows the group a room full of beer while he sings this song:

take a drink
    and you'll sink
    to a state of pure inebriation
    you'll be tanked
    like the whole Irish nation

when you drink enough
    of my beer
    you will find this magic rule
    make your every joke
    a jewel
    you'll drive drunker than
    Oksana Baiul...

go on buds
    drink my suds
    till you reach that pure inebriation
    though the beer maybe free
    you're just renting it from me...

:lol:

childish ampooch!
  • funny sobra ng family guy!!!! i always watch this sa jack tv ;)
  • pagan wrote:
    post lang ako ng FG quotes. enjoy!

Meg: I just want to kill myself. I'm gonna go upstairs and eat a whole bowl of peanuts.
    (Lois and Peter stare in silence)
    Meg: I'm allergic to peanuts.
    (Peter and Lois keep staring)
    Meg: You dont know anything about me! (runs upstairs)
    Peter: Who was that guy?

Kinda reminds me of the pilot eppy of Desperate Housewives where Bree knows her husband's allergy to onions
  • Peter Griffin at a supermart entrance/exit after a makeover:

Peter: Hey, when you're beautiful, doors magically open for you!

That other guy: Actually, it opened because you stepped on that black rubber square. Of course, if it wasn't there, it would have opened anyway because you're beautiful.

At the airport:

Brian: *sniffs* You're back from Manila. You had lumpia for dinner, and you made love to two Filipino women *sniffs* and a man.

Quagmire: You mean three Filipino women!

Brian stares...

Quagmire: Aagh!
  • yep.. i have all R1 dvd boxsets.

My rankings however: Simpsons >> Futurama >> Family Guy.

Simpsons. it's given 16 seasons of greatness (okay darkdays of [email protected]$$ homer.. but still they were good)

Futurama naman. the UNCANNY CONTINUITY. the subtle and timeless jokes.. and the excellent storylines that would even make you shed tears at time. (Jurassic bark, Devil's Idle hands, and the space bees episode come to mind)

FG... the totally [email protected]$$ random jokes. in exchange for terrible continuity.

pero as pagan said, FG takes the cake for the better "Willy Wonka" parody. i couldnt help myself from Laughing out loud the first time i saw joe get kicked out sa tour..

Meg: (reading peter's letter)"Dear Meg, for the first four years of your life, i thought you were a house cat."

Peter: "It's step hip step twirl! are you trying to piss off the volcano!"

Old Guy: "This must be my lucky day!"

Chris "Don't do it Dad!!!! He's bigger than you!"

Peter: "Y2k.... are you selling chickens or $3x jelly?"

Lois!!! You can't spell love without "LO", you can't spell IS without IS!!

"... and bea arthur as Peter griffin.."
    "You're a fool joe!!! a big fool!!!"

"OMG! They ate Asian Reporter Trisha takanawa!"
    "That's crazy! they'll just go hungry again in an hour.."
    "Is the dog in this show gay?? just askin'.. hehe"

nope, brian's not gay. it's Stewie who has shown feminin tendencies in the past. being cheer leader, wearing lois's make up and cologne, etc.
    does the family actually hear stewie?

Nope.. mostly the Dog's the only one that understands him. pero there are times when adults understand stewie as well. pero bihira lang sobra. usually it's the dog he has conversations with.

"Pancakes must be streetword for crack.."
  • What's the sched of this show on Jack TV?
  • hmm if brian can understand stewie and peter can understand brian then peter can understand stewie too? i'm confused...
  • Wondering whether or not everyone else other than Brian and other kids his age understands Stewie or not makes the cartoon even more interesting. What a sick mind that child has, though. :D:D:D